Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[potential spoiler] What was that Cryopod about, in old Helminth room?

bl1te

9 минут назад, Zahnny сказал:

May have been placeholder or the original thing for helminth.

Would be easier to just leave that place empty, I guess... for all these years

6 минут назад, MasterBurik сказал:

It's where Helminth injects the human host after the neuroptics, systems, and chassis have been implanted/attached. Three days later, out pops your Warframe.

But we start to craft our warframes in the foundry, not in Helminth room.

8 minutes ago, bl1te said:

The foundry is a mechanical representation. I mean, it would be physically impossible for it to create an entire Landing Craft on that small manufacturing platform.

In that manner, it hides the realities of Warframe construction.

5 minutes ago, bl1te said:

Would be easier to just leave that place empty, I guess... for all these years

Thing is when we tell are foundry to build one that door has always been closed. In the back unknown to us some resident has been abducted by ortis and is fighting for his/her life to ultimately fail and be turned into the frame. 

Im sure somewhere on the ship Ordis keeps his victims.

2 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

Thing is when we tell are foundry to build one that door has always been closed. In the back unknown to us some resident has been abducted by ortis and is fighting for his/her life to ultimately fail and be turned into the frame. 

The Orbiter is huge.

bkKCPlF.gif

Spoiler

VFrsO2I.png

57 минут назад, BDMblue сказал:

Oh, "the necessary evil"...

15 hours ago, MasterBurik said:

The foundry is a mechanical representation. I mean, it would be physically impossible for it to create an entire Landing Craft on that small manufacturing platform.

Ever heard of 3D printing single walls instead of the whole house?

6 hours ago, Nesodos said:

Ever heard of 3D printing single walls instead of the whole house?

Context.

You create and collect Warframes (and Landing Craft) from the Foundry because it is a mechanical representation of all the actions performed, even if they are not done within the confines of the Foundry's manufacturing platform. Because it would be physically impossible for the Foundry to fit a completed Landing Craft upon itself, let alone within the confines of the accessible areas of the Orbiter.

On 2020-08-13 at 4:36 PM, MasterBurik said:

It's where Helminth injects the human host after the neuroptics, systems, and chassis have been implanted/attached. Three days later, out pops your Warframe.

Citation required, please.  I have a ton of Warframes waiting in the forge, and another five in progress right now.  There's never been any figure in that bed.  And since building warframes predates the Helminth room by *years,* I'm going to have to ask for a little proof here.

“Citation required, please.  I have a ton of Warframes waiting in the forge, and another five in progress right now.  There's never been any figure in that bed.  And since building warframes predates the Helminth room by *years,* I'm going to have to ask for a little proof here.”

Whatever The devtreams was that introduced an talked about the room. Around the Nidus, and Sacrifice quest time. DE, was vague but insinuated that building Warframes required human sacrifices. I think this is relatively true still, but DE shied away from making the point explicit. We only know the originals required sacrifice. At the very least, it was a relic of the days when a human sacrafice was required.   

3 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Citation required, please.  I have a ton of Warframes waiting in the forge, and another five in progress right now.  There's never been any figure in that bed.  And since building warframes predates the Helminth room by *years,* I'm going to have to ask for a little proof here.

It's a theory based on Warframe lore.

• Warframes were created by infesting people with the Helminth strain:
    Spoiler

"We cultured the Infestation, conceiving of a hybrid. Transformed, but only just. The 'Helminth' was created, born to yield these new warriors, worth of battle against you. The great and terrible Hunhow. We took our greatest, volunteers or not, and polluted them with these cultured reagents. They transformed. They became Infested...but only just. Their skin blossomed into sword-steel. Their organs, interlinked with untold resilience. Yet their minds were free of Infested madness. Or so we thought." - Ballas during The Sacrifice

• The original Warframes couldn't be effectively controlled, until the Orokin found a way to connect the Tenno to Warframes.
    Spoiler

"-We had created monsters we couldn't control. We drugged them, tortured them, eviscerated them...we brutalised their minds, but it did not work. Until they came." - Ballas during The Sacrifice

"Before the vain faith, our people held Dualism as truth. That all things were of two parts. Mind and body. Consciousness and matter. Of our world...and the Void. It was from there that out answer finally came. Distorted by vague horrors, we kept the Zariman survivors within a secret Reservoir. They were the missing half. Transference-linked: the warframes, the body; and they, the mind." - Ballas during The Sacrifice

• Transference requires mechanical implants to link to Warframes:
    Spoiler

"Uncertain if any Tenno has linked with this design. The Transference bolt seems different, but we cannot build this without more data." - Ordis during the Sacrifice

"Oh this...I've had them fit you with a Transference bolt. In honor of our...history together." - Ballas during The Sacrifice, speaking to Umbra with Transference during a flashback.

As I don't know of any lore that points towards the development of Warframe creation technology that didn't require a Helminth-infected human host, I find it hard to believe that the Foundry possesses such a capacity [from a lore perspective]. The fact that Helminth is on our Orbiter and the Foundry creates mechanically named Warframe parts has me thinking that the theory has some grounding.

In regards to "building Warframes predates the Helminth room by years":

Warframes predate Operators by years. Before Operators, players thought they were Warframes. Before The Sacrifice, Warframes were thought to be Operator-controlled machines.

Things change as the lore is changed or expanded upon.

Its an original concept that was too ambitious for DEs capabilities and got scrapped cause they couldnt follow though on the original plan.

Not the first , not the last.

If you want to maintain consistency , imagine this

"The helminth was intended to be a presence that is limited to a bio computer/controller that assists with gene editing and preservation,

Due to the fall and the hundreds of years that the system went without maintenance , the helminth did the one thing it excels at, it adapted to survive,

As part of its survival mechanics , it took control of the infirmary to enable food production , just enough to keep it functioning.

Many of the tools originally intended for a full crew (Medical checkup , dental alignments , inoculation , body scans, medication production ) were absorbed and changed , just as helminth itself changed.

Some were beyond repair and some now had a new purpose all while helminth continued to adapt,

With the access to the nidus frame and more raw material stored by the operator the helminth could then repurpose the remaining equipment to suit a different purpose."

I am slightly peeved that i have to think this up and is not hinted at by DE themselves.

7 hours ago, MasterBurik said:

It's a theory based on Warframe lore.

• Warframes were created by infesting people with the Helminth strain:
      Reveal hidden contents

"We cultured the Infestation, conceiving of a hybrid. Transformed, but only just. The 'Helminth' was created, born to yield these new warriors, worth of battle against you. The great and terrible Hunhow. We took our greatest, volunteers or not, and polluted them with these cultured reagents. They transformed. They became Infested...but only just. Their skin blossomed into sword-steel. Their organs, interlinked with untold resilience. Yet their minds were free of Infested madness. Or so we thought." - Ballas during The Sacrifice

• The original Warframes couldn't be effectively controlled, until the Orokin found a way to connect the Tenno to Warframes.
      Reveal hidden contents

"-We had created monsters we couldn't control. We drugged them, tortured them, eviscerated them...we brutalised their minds, but it did not work. Until they came." - Ballas during The Sacrifice

"Before the vain faith, our people held Dualism as truth. That all things were of two parts. Mind and body. Consciousness and matter. Of our world...and the Void. It was from there that out answer finally came. Distorted by vague horrors, we kept the Zariman survivors within a secret Reservoir. They were the missing half. Transference-linked: the warframes, the body; and they, the mind." - Ballas during The Sacrifice

• Transference requires mechanical implants to link to Warframes:
      Reveal hidden contents

"Uncertain if any Tenno has linked with this design. The Transference bolt seems different, but we cannot build this without more data." - Ordis during the Sacrifice

"Oh this...I've had them fit you with a Transference bolt. In honor of our...history together." - Ballas during The Sacrifice, speaking to Umbra with Transference during a flashback.

As I don't know of any lore that points towards the development of Warframe creation technology that didn't require a Helminth-infected human host, I find it hard to believe that the Foundry possesses such a capacity [from a lore perspective]. The fact that Helminth is on our Orbiter and the Foundry creates mechanically named Warframe parts has me thinking that the theory has some grounding.

In regards to "building Warframes predates the Helminth room by years":

Warframes predate Operators by years. Before Operators, players thought they were Warframes. Before The Sacrifice, Warframes were thought to be Operator-controlled machines.

Things change as the lore is changed or expanded upon.

In other words it your personal head-canon that you pulled out of... thin air.

The *creation* of a Warframe required a human host.  Once the Warframe template was set it appears that the blueprints could be replicated without requiring additional hosts.  During the story mission the Tenno is able to scan pieces of a destroyed Warframe and Ordis is able to re-create the blueprint from that.  In that specific case the memories of the original host had been recorded as part of the template.

We're not sacrificing a living person every time we construct a Warframe.  Once a model of Warframe is created it is no longer necessary.  And based on Valkyr and soon Xaku, it would appear that it is possible for the original template to be corrupted or incomplete, in which case the Tenno can only duplicate the altered version.  (Trying to fit Xaku Prime into the lore will be interesting when it's finally their turn.  And people complained that Nidus Prime somehow breaks the rules.)  I'm pretty sure that factions like Solaris United and the Quills would have a *serious* problem with it if the Tenno were kidnapping people and converting them into Warframes - if nothing else, they'd be *way* less calm about GIVING us any Warframe templates as quest rewards.

16 hours ago, MasterBurik said:

Context.

You create and collect Warframes (and Landing Craft) from the Foundry because it is a mechanical representation of all the actions performed, even if they are not done within the confines of the Foundry's manufacturing platform. Because it would be physically impossible for the Foundry to fit a completed Landing Craft upon itself, let alone within the confines of the accessible areas of the Orbiter.

We are talking about a game with space magic that folds reality itself. The foundry could contain its own microverse full of slaves that assemble our undead meat puppets.

Physical laws aren't a viable explanation for ANYTHING here.

Archived