Jump to content

Man In The Wall (Hey Kiddo)


Recommended Posts

@[DE]George I can confirm I do not have any quests active as I have completed them all, but when i started to have this issue I did have Hidden messages & The Limbo Theorem still available (not active)
I did chains of harrow ages ago and never had any problems with the man in the wall showing up all the time until a hotfix/patch just before heart of deimos.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Throwing in my two cents here, I also get it after almost every mission. Not quite every single one as far as I've noticed but easily about 90% of the time. It could be that I just don't notice the other 10% since he may be spawned at the back? 

I also don't currently have an active quest but it was happening just as often when I did. I haven't yet finished all the quests but the ones I have left are technically considered sidequests as far as I know so should be unrelated. (Octavia's Anthem, Mask of the Revenant, etc). More information in (spoilers) but if you're reading this thread you're past the point where any story / lore information should matter. Either way, obligatory warning...

Spoiler

I'm neither light nor dark, I'm middle. Half-and-half. From a technical perspective, maybe this matters? 

Spoiler

This was also happening both before and after finishing my Railjack reliquary drive.


I don't really see it as an issue, but since others do then maybe when this is "fixed" there could be something we can do to configure the frequency of appearances? Some people love these visits, others don't. I'm amused by them, but once you've seen something a hundred times then it starts to lose meaning, I understand why this is an issue.

Edit: Okay, so after testing and checking the back each time it DOES appear to be happening every mission. Once again, any time that I don't see it happening it probably was somewhere that I hadn't visited so I would've thought it hadn't appeared. After checking the last 10-15 missions? 100% spawn rate.

Edited by CyborgJellyfish
Updated Information
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Yup, still happening after EVERY SINGLE ORBITER VISIT. Another one of my friends also has this problem now, this has been going on FAR too long. I've stopped caring about anything relating to TMITW and I am starting to resent my own orbiter. I've had to change my appearance a few times just because I'm fed up of looking at it so often. PLEASE fix this DE. We know you are busy sorting lighting / graphics for open world, but this is actually pushing me away from the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been happening to me for about 2 months.

I wonder if it has something to do with the RNG system.  I was trying to grind out my last Kuva weapon and like clockwork the weapons would repeat twice in a row (ie weapon1, weapon1, weapon2, weapon2 .... etc)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I... had this issue too. And didn't want to touch warframe for - since the update - due to that. Today I managed to play a bit and did two things:
1. I converted my Lich.

2. I started the Quest "Patient Zero" (and played two missions of the quest)

So either finishing the Lich helped, or the activated quest scared them away or put it to pause.

I can say for sure that the last three returns to my ship/orbiter where without an encounter (I searched the whole ship), whereas before I had a guaranteed encounter whenever I returned, be it from a quest/relay/dojo.

 

I hope that this information helps in some way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...