Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reflection still refers to 'channelling', a proposal for an improvement to it and Retribution.

TheArcSet

Hi,

I'm reporting bumping this because yesterday I noticed that the 'Reflection' mod has not been updated and still refers to a channelling trigger.

However, I would like to suggest this could be an opportunity to make this mod and 'Retribution' much more relevant, when they are currently ignored.

While it should definitely continue to stack with other sources of reflection, PLEASE restore the amalgam shied functionality, I think it would serve the concept very well for the reflection damage to scale off both frame armour, weapon block damage reduction and % of max health removed.

I don't think these effects should be only in response to successful blocking, as that might leave the mod still nearly useless on certain narrow arc weapons, but if so there should be another increase, based on block arc angle.

Likewise, even with Hildryn, 'Retribution' is currently a mod that never sees use, but if it's base damage was increased and allowed to scale off max shield shield size and amount of shields removed, then this mod could be much more viable.

As two last notes, in the proposed system, as these mods are currently so under powered, I do think it would make sense to make any scaling dynamic, so effects like the Augur set and Health_conversion also benefit, in the way companion links currently do.

Finally, in any reworks, it might be worth considering if damage is reflected exactly as is received, or if it should be converted to another type, based on current weapons or energy colour.

Conceptually I think these proposals fit well, as hitting harder surface should deal more damage to an attacker and breaching an energy field should be more dangerous the larger/denser it is.

Thank you for reading this and I hope it can be the starting point to improve these mods rather than just making them melee 2.9 compliant.

The other problem with reflected damage is that it's not returned as true damage (I think) and is mitigated through the targets scaled armor and resistance/vulnerability ratings. Returning 10 to 50 damage, outside of Steel Path even, this alone makes it practically pointless as a game mechanic unless you're in the Simulacrum with FF turned on.

23 hours ago, lemonforest said:

The other problem with reflected damage is that it's not returned as true damage (I think) and is mitigated through the targets scaled armor and resistance/vulnerability ratings. Returning 10 to 50 damage, outside of Steel Path even, this alone makes it practically pointless as a game mechanic unless you're in the Simulacrum with FF turned on.

A very good point.

I am hoping the rage mode they have ignored this year is the trigger and the reason they have neglected my favorite mod. Last time it worked though it was broken in the sense it only returned the 10% blocking didn’t negate. If you had a damage negation ability on such as rhino skin you would be unable to reflect damage. 

Archived