Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You know what to the Void with all the negativity!

(PSN)zeratul____12

I've gotten sick of all the negativity lately so why not have a post where we be positive for a change. Why don't we share our favorite memory from Warframe.

Mine is the Sacrifice Quest, just the story, music and atmosphere was stunning. The story of Umbra was beautifully tragic and now he has more hope with the Tenno easing his pain. Also it was just great to get some closure on the warframes themselves and what they actually are.

When I started over a year ago, I simply said hi to everyone in region and that I was new. 

A guy that had been playing for 6 years messaged me and ended up being my mentor for a bit. He sent me screenshots of builds and taught me how to mod. Gave me a few basic mods that were half way leveled up and a few other things. 

He even taught me basic eidolon hunting and I use his tactics to this day.

He played for so long that he ended up quitting and going to play Elder scrolls online, but I'm gonna keep the warframe dream alive for people like him. 

When I was low MR, someone spotted me levelling a Nekros, and asked me if I had the augments for it yet. I didn't, so they gave me fully ranked versions for free. Told me no payment needed, just pay it forward by giving some to the newbs I run into in the future. I promised I would, and have been doing it ever since. 

People get super excited about it and are always grateful. Doesn't cost me anything, and it makes their day. 

That few months of tridoloning I was doing in winter after Fortuna dropped, gradualy got friends with people in my regions recruit chat, we formed mostly the same squad and the level of cooperation was out of this world, best time I had in Warframe. I wanted to restart the group this year, but explosion rework happened to broke my build by a bug that is still not fixed, and then Scarlet Spear happened. DE, pls, revive Eidolons.

Back when I first started and would basically only use Ash. It wasn't for the over powered blade storm, I just wanted to be an actual ninja. I remember claiming him and being excited after watching his Warframe Profile video for like the 100th time. I miss that excitement from getting new frames.

1 hour ago, BDMblue said:

Best would have to be 2ed dream when you realize the weird alien thing is really you. After years of playing your like omfg.

honestly one of the biggest moments in a video game.

IMO will go down in history as one of the greatest moment in gaming (story) of all time. 

Such a surprising reveal, and those who were all there for the first time we pretty much all experienced it at once as a group... and an incredible shared experience like that is something that truly sticks with you forever. 

I think that's part of the reason so many of us oldies are so hooked. They got us right in the feels... 

1 hour ago, BDMblue said:

Best would have to be 2ed dream when you realize the weird alien thing is really you. After years of playing your like omfg.

Had a friend on group voice chat when he was doing it. He went in talking about some of the stuff he didn't like about the early story saying that he didn't know if he'd stick with the game etc.. 

All of the rest of us were comisserating telling him just hurry up and do the quest so we could go back to farming as a group. 

Nobody dropped a single spoiler, and hearing his mind get blown had us all cracking up. 

🤣

22 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

IMO will go down in history as one of the greatest moment in gaming (story) of all time. 

Such a surprising reveal, and those who were all there for the first time we pretty much all experienced it at once as a group... and an incredible shared experience like that is something that truly sticks with you forever. 

I think that's part of the reason so many of us oldies are so hooked. They got us right in the feels... 

Those are the things that are completely exclusive. 

Anyone that starts now will still be blown away, but an entire community moving as one is a once and a lifetime thing. You guys are lucky. 

Mmmmm quite a few things I loved about wf in the past, sadly they are all of the past

1) Void key system and very long endless runs. I miss the days back then where a lot of people would decide to just hang out in something like T3 survival (because rewards in T4 surv is terrible) for over an hour camping in certain locations while having a nice conversation

2) older day conclave. Current conclave is a mere shadow of what it used to be. What I usually call the "bow and sniper meta" (probably U16 - U18 era?) was far more fun than the metas that came along, activity in conclave was much higher in those days too...

3) remember when enemies used to be tough and not made out of paper? when enemies actually pose a threat and are not essentially potatoes running at you? I miss that too... current wf is so blatantly easy even if you handicap your builds. This made clearing every node on sleep path (steel path) far worse, as the only thing difficult about it, is not falling asleep from boredom.  

3 hours ago, BDMblue said:

I would have been much happier if it was actually some alien, instead of just a puny human child. I didn't guess before hand that it would be like that, but the reveal was a disappointment. I'm sure this opinion isn't shared by many, but still... Maybe helminth can help us transcend. If you choose to, of course.

7 hours ago, BDMblue said:

I'm sorry, but I'm a little lost, what are you referring to with alien thing? It's honestly been so long since I played second dream that I don't remember anything that fits that description. I also already felt that there had to be some sort of operator or there was a plot hole since you weren't multiple tenno when you used multiple warframes, not to mention the word warframe actually sounds like a mech. And yes I know, a NS member (eye roller newbie vibe) but even though I've only been playing a year, I've played the junk out of this game, and would like to think I'm pretty good.

1 hour ago, (NSW)yobroyeahyou said:

I'm sorry, but I'm a little lost, what are you referring to with alien thing? It's honestly been so long since I played second dream that I don't remember anything that fits that description. I also already felt that there had to be some sort of operator or there was a plot hole since you weren't multiple tenno when you used multiple warframes, not to mention the word warframe actually sounds like a mech. And yes I know, a NS member (eye roller newbie vibe) but even though I've only been playing a year, I've played the junk out of this game, and would like to think I'm pretty good.

Remember when you first see the thing it is covered up in such a way it could be anything, both to hide its gender and help make the final reveal more surprising. Someone could have thought it was some alien thing, or really anything, it could have been anything. 

8 hours ago, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

when i first started warframe and was amazed with how much stuff there was to do and wondered how i was gonna complete it all, now ive completed all the story quests and I no longer have that feeling anymore, and i honestly I miss it.

Did you scan all those Kuria, glass fish, partnership fragments and pay tribute to Parvos statues for the Corpus Tennets? Max Vent Kids? I still have some of that left to do...

EDIT: Oh yeah, and there are some legendary Cephalon Fragments in Orb Vallis. Such an enormous map to look for randomly placed fragments...

trading with lower mr players who are usually buying ranked mods, endo, etc > quickly check profile for most used equipment > know I have ribben for something in their most used > quickly check mr lock of said ribben > ask if they still use 'x'.

If they say yes, they get a free riven, if they say no, id give em a discount on what they're currently buying from me or give for free. Given away some cheek clappers doing this but it always makes me smile. After all, I dont own em, DE does, why not share the wealth?

I'll join the crowd in saying Second Dream, cause it was such a break from the usual slash-shooting action and added meat (story) to the game as well as characterization. I also liked the Operator and the reveal of them. Though each of the cinematic quests has been the same, just SD was the first thus carries more oomph. Though once the cinematic trailer is incorporated into the game itself, it may come close without being a full-blown quest.

Archived