Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Glad We got A Pedestal Umbra and All But...

WarriorSoundwave

For one, the moving Umbra 'crests' at the base make it too hard to put it up against a lot of walls without it clipping. And the worst part is that the top of it has a small circular platform that hovers up and down. You do know that people like to put stuff on their pedestals right? So why would you intentionally design it with a moving surface? Not what I imagined it would look like. Oh and the collision box at the top needs to be trimmed down because noggles, for example, end up looking like they are floating since they can't be put right on it.

I'm honestly kinda disappointed with it, unfortunately. Pedestal Prime is still the better one.

5 minutes ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

For one, the moving Umbra 'crests' at the base make it too hard to put it up against a lot of walls without it clipping. And the worst part is that the top of it has a small circular platform that hovers up and down. You do know that people like to put stuff on their pedestals right? So why would you intentionally design it with a moving surface? Not what I imagined it would look like.

I'm honestly kinda disappointed with it, unfortunately. Pedestal Prime is still the better one.

Not sure what a post like this could possibly accomplish but ok.

Just for the future though, if you're unhappy with something, apart from the obvious advice of "you dont have to post it" , try to keep in mind that its extremely difficult to try to agree with people who condescend by starting sentences with "You Do Know". Theres also a complaint with no sign of a suggestion or solution, meaning its not even close to anything that could be considered feedback.

Just something to consider for 5 mins instead of writing another vent post.

19 minutes ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

For one, the moving Umbra 'crests' at the base make it too hard to put it up against a lot of walls without it clipping. And the worst part is that the top of it has a small circular platform that hovers up and down. You do know that people like to put stuff on their pedestals right? So why would you intentionally design it with a moving surface? Not what I imagined it would look like. Oh and the collision box at the top needs to be trimmed down because noggles, for example, end up looking like they are floating since they can't be put right on it.

Thank you for seeing this too. That noggle placement triggers me just right. It's just enough off centered. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)MYKK678 said:

Not sure what a post like this could possibly accomplish but ok.

Just for the future though, if you're unhappy with something, apart from the obvious advice of "you dont have to post it" , try to keep in mind that its extremely difficult to try to agree with people who condescend by starting sentences with "You Do Know". Theres also a complaint with no sign of a suggestion or solution, meaning its not even close to anything that could be considered feedback.

Just something to consider for 5 mins instead of writing another vent post.

The forums are where you give feedback because you are disappointed. There is feedback in this post you just chose to ignore it. And I added more since you last posted.

15 minutes ago, RyuhoTheDragon said:

Thank you for seeing this too. That noggle placement triggers me just right. It's just enough off centered. 

Honestly, the moving parts on it should've been smaller and/or not move all the way down to the floor. Because they move all the way down, it can't be placed too close to a wall or on a slanted surface or they will clip. The top rotating plates should've had a static center with a rotating ring around it. There also should've been more Umbra Crests on it. Not to mention the textures are pretty low resolution.

Anyways, it beats me how none of that crossed the artist's mind. Just seems pretty obvious to me that there needs to be a balance of function and aesthetic.

Archived