Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Corpus Lich?

kwlingo

I remember a few months back Dev's talked about he Kuva Corpus. Did they say when we are getting them? They were showcasing the Kuva Corpus head as a armor shoulder piece as how Liches have as our frames they are hunting.

Note: Sorry I meant to  say "Kuva Corpus Lich" and weapons.

If I had to guess, they're trying to find the right Corpus leader to reveal them under.  Nef Anyo and Alad V don't exactly come across as the Kuva type.  Nor does Frohd Bek or the Corpus leader, Parvos Granum.

Actually, I think the Corpus could realistically have a Tenno leader among their ranks, as they would have a vested interest in Kuva, and we could explore the effects of prolonged Kuva exposure to Tenno through said leader.  They might even specialize in military affairs among the Corpus, manufacturing weapons and mercing out troops for profit.

I don't recall DE ever mentioning a Kuva Corpus, but instead Corpus Liches, which means different things.

Even then, it might be executed a lot differently from Kuva Liches. Parvos Granum cheating death as he did, would be a nice excuse for Corpus Liches to find a way to come back to life, should they follow the same system as their Kuva counterparts.

I know I would certainly dislike it if the Corpus Liches were to be a carbon copy with another coat of paint of what we have from the Grineer. I expect it for later this year, during holiday season. Not confirmed, though.

1 hour ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

If I had to guess, they're trying to find the right Corpus leader to reveal them under.  Nef Anyo and Alad V don't exactly come across as the Kuva type.  Nor does Frohd Bek or the Corpus leader, Parvos Granum.

I think the only one that Hunhow registers as an Orokin was Alad V, but he's no longer that really since Patient Zero where he's a sort of recovered infested agent.  Nef has ties to being Corpus descent thanks to Deadlock Protocol, and Frohd tends to dance around the thought of angering the Tenno given the betrayal during the Great War.  

Although I suspect that we're going to get another board member pulled out of the Magic Hat of McGuffin in order to launch the Kuva Liches under the Corpus control.  Then again based on my empirical evidence on them, unless we get more weapons from the Kingpin system -- I'm getting the impression from the streams that I've watched that most of the streamer have since moved on from the Lich System.

Also, given the extraction missions summary screen, I'm getting the impression we have a long wait ahead of us given how much time it took to incorporate what we're seeing now. 

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

You likely just saw corpus ship remaster stuff. Like the mortuus shoulder guard

On the new Space Ship Tile Set I'm also seeing what can be constituted as a fighter.  Something I'm sure we'll be seeing when they include the Corpus in Railjack.  Especially given that DE recycles their creations hardcore in the game. 

16 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

On the new Space Ship Tile Set I'm also seeing what can be constituted as a fighter.  Something I'm sure we'll be seeing when they include the Corpus in Railjack.  Especially given that DE recycles their creations hardcore in the game. 

They have had the fighters in since gas city where one will strafe you in the larger open rooms. They haven't changed much since the concept art was released around fortuna https://www.artstation.com/artwork/zAJJx6

3 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Even then, it might be executed a lot differently from Kuva Liches. Parvos Granum cheating death as he did, would be a nice excuse for Corpus Liches to find a way to come back to life, should they follow the same system as their Kuva counterparts.

Parvos didn't cheat death on purpose, he got stuck in the Void where time doesn't glow the same way it does in realspace. Especially with Protea adding her own time travel to the mix

Anyone (besides Tenno) trying to become immortal by experimenting with Wally, is likely to end up dead or Corrupted

Specter Particle Theory holds a little more potential, depending on what DE wants to actually do with Splashy Parvos Teatime, or if it was just a hand-wave to explain what those Specters we've been deploying for the last seven years are

11 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Parvos didn't cheat death on purpose, he got stuck in the Void where time doesn't glow the same way it does in realspace. Especially with Protea adding her own time travel to the mix

Anyone (besides Tenno) trying to become immortal by experimenting with Wally, is likely to end up dead or Corrupted

Specter Particle Theory holds a little more potential, depending on what DE wants to actually do with Splashy Parvos Teatime, or if it was just a hand-wave to explain what those Specters we've been deploying for the last seven years are

Correct, but I don't particularly mean doing it the same way Parvos did it. It is the void, so anything could happen, like it did with the Zariman. What? I hzve no idea, it's a very volatile and grey area so what DE says I'll likely accept as "reality". Which is why lore-wise, it'd be a better shot than relying on some wonder drug such as the Kuva Blood again. Heck, it doesn't even have to be tied to the void, they could even progressively infuse themselves with more and more technology (or infestation, a la Mutalist Alad but more advanced) and attain the same kind of power the Kuva Liches attained. Anything goes, in my eyes.

Not that the Corpus couldn't get their hands on Orokin Blood and make their own experiments, for that matter. I do hope we see some semblance of this in the future, just not as part of the Lich system.

Corpus 'liches' can simply be Frohd Beks escalation of the ambulas system. After barely surviving the defeat on Pluto. He tests new learning AI proxies against the Tenno directly because he's pissed. Every level up after getting killed, the proxies update defenses. Thralls are other units it takes over directly like corrupted. You now have the orokin angle as it uses Neural Sentry tech. Hack the corrupted with a spike in the head and slowly learn the shutdown codes for that proxy. 

And now you have Liches without being liches. The randomization of the big three robot bodies would be cool, some being quads, others being bipedal and flyers. 

44 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Corpus 'liches' can simply be Frohd Beks escalation of the ambulas system.

I see it more like Alad Vs Amalgam program vs an Ambulas. I mean you could include both to add more variety but I dont see AI proxies becoming a Lich type enemy when these enemies will wield the weaponry that the reward comes from. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

But how interesting an enemy type is that vs having an Amalgam type? I mean I think when Corpus Lichs get released they are going to be more interesting then that

I feel we have had a lot of biological horror units lately IMO. Normal corpus should be good ol robots. Alad is a fringe case and should be concidered with sentient factions than being half tied to what represents corpus. Proxy nemeses don't have to look like moa or raptors we currently have at all. Like here are some early concepts of orb units.sean-bigham-089.jpg?1492559214

9 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

I feel we have had a lot of biological horror units lately IMO. Normal corpus should be good ol robots. Alad is a fringe case and should be concidered with sentient factions than being half tied to what represents corpus. Proxy nemeses don't have to look like moa or raptors we currently have at all. Like here are some early concepts of orb units.sean-bigham-089.jpg?1492559214

They can do both. Fortuna brought two Amalgam weapons with the Battacor and the pistol (name escapes me). With that in mind it's not just limited to Alad V as you have the Orb Mothers also being of Sentient/Corpus design and the Corpus on Fortuna also having some unique abilities.

So right there you have multiple Corpus factions having acquired Amalgam technology. And I think combining the two would be a more interesting offering of Lichs compared to The Grineer. 

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived