Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Roar and Warcry not gonna make it, will get switched.

Hokibukisa

The thing with warcry and eternal war is, thats basically what valkyr players use. Her 4 is aas, her 1 a gimmick, and 3 is.. nothing special.
Valkyr IS warcry. That IS her signature ability despite what DE might intend her signature ability to be.

As for Roar. Lets get real.

1) Have kit that you like to play, works well, but theres an ability you never use.
2) Switch with Roar.

Its ridiculous and you know it.

Just now, Hokibukisa said:

The thing with warcry and eternal war is, thats basically what valkyr players use. Her 4 is aas, her 1 a gimmick, and 3 is.. nothing special.
Valkyr IS warcry. That IS her signature ability despite what DE might intend her signature ability to be.

1) Have kit that you like to play, works well, but theres an ability you never use.
2) Switch with Roar.

Its ridiculous and you know it.

I'd rather take a utility or CC ability than a damage buff. We can already walk through most enemies no problem. Adding more overkill to your overkill accomplishes nothing. 

They are coming. I dont see them pulling the switcheroo on us. The community would be quite vocal if they did that and it would likely get reversed again. 

Remember when they nerfed Nekros/Hydroid farming? They reversed that due to the outcry. Now imagine the outcry when they have a system that everyone is salivating to get there hands on?

Roar and Warcry are coming 

19 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I'd rather take a utility or CC ability than a damage buff. We can already walk through most enemies no problem. Adding more overkill to your overkill accomplishes nothing. 

Yes there are several frames that need survivability that would take something else.

Lets look at it this way. Rhino and Nezha. Would you put firewalker on Rhino? Does Rhino need more CC?
Would you replace Chakram with Roar? Ofc you would.

At the same time, I will admit that Rhino is probably the most played frame in the game and that is due to him having too much good stuff. I shouldn't be defending him.

Octavia and Rhino shouldn't be defended, but I'm just saying, Roar is gonnna be like Redhot sauce.

Edit: also Valkyr really is just eternal war. May as well subsume her and not even farm up another one. Though I could say the same about Harrow and Condemn.

franksredhot.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hokibukisa said:

Roar is gonnna be like Redhot sauce.

Edit: also Valkyr really is just eternal war. May as well subsume her and not even farm up another one. Though I could say the same about Harrow and Condemn.

That's not how it works you can't just slap those abilities on any frame and expect it to work unless you are going to build all frames around those abilities why would you do that tho? 

27 minutes ago, Hokibukisa said:

Lets look at it this way. Rhino and Nezha. Would you put firewalker on Rhino? Does Rhino need more CC?
Would you replace Chakram with Roar? Ofc you would.

I wouldn't put Roar on Nezha. I was thinking something like Condemn, Rest & Rage, Creeping Terrify, Ensnare, Radial Blind, Breach Surge or Resonator. Sure he already has Devine Spears, and it's a good CC, but it's not perfect. I could cast one of the listed abilities before Divine Spears duration runs out or I recast it. That way I could chain 2 CC abilities to lock down a location. I wouldn't have to build for any survivability except rolling guard. Could Have high range and efficiency with decent duration. 

Roar will be picked by a lot of people, for many frames, but few will actually need or utilize the ability to it's full potential. They will put it on frames and run content where it's just overkill. They will end up running it on a low strength build where it won't make that much of a difference or cripple the kit of the base frame building for Roar. Some people will find frames with builds that will utilize roar but many will just throw Roar on any frame expecting it to fix all their problems. 

EditFrank's Red Hot hot sauce is trash. It's not hot and just tastes like vinegar. I do have a jar of some good habanero salsa and ghost pepper salsa in my fridge though. 

47 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

i feel protea dispensary would be too, they must be drunk giving that one. goodbye efficiency and flow and hello equilibrium

Ehh.. Not really. It gives out drops really slowly and it needs both duration and strength.

On my Protea energy can be quite a problem when I'm swarmed by enemies and streamline is always equiped.

1 hour ago, Hokibukisa said:

...In your opinion.

DE doesn't share that opinion and they designed her.

1 hour ago, Hokibukisa said:

2) Switch with Roar.

Agreed. Roar is a vanilla choice.

That doesn't mean there won't be better choices though depending on preference and build.

For example, I honestly can't think of a frame I'd want to remove an ability on that I'd slot Roar in place of.

1 hour ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

But what else will they give from rhino tho. His kit isnt particularly special outside of roar. Same thing with valkyr. 

Charge. It isn't game breaking. And a lot of frames aren't giving a particularly special either.

Wisp is a prime example. She focus solely on strength and then duration. Now she does every single job. CC, health + regen, haste, then Roar.

If Rhino Charge had been picked everyone would be complaining about how it's pointless and useless and not even worth the hassle of farming another Rhino.

Anyway, what is really going to happen is that about a week or two after the update Roar is most likely going to get nerfed in some way, not because it is too strong (DE doesn't really care about that at all) but because of overwhelming usage numbers (which is the basis for every "balance" choice they make).

1 minute ago, ebrl said:

If Rhino Charge had been picked everyone would be complaining about how it's pointless and useless and not even worth the hassle of farming another Rhino.

Anyway, what is really going to happen is that about a week or two after the update Roar is most likely going to get nerfed in some way, not because it is too strong (DE doesn't really care about that at all) but because of overwhelming usage numbers (which is the basis for every "balance" choice they make).

I disagree, it was simply a foolish choice to pick as a subsume ability. It would be like picking Psychic Bolts from Nyx, or Prowl from Ivara.
Neither of those are OP on the frames they originated from, it would just be stupid and OP to choose as a subsume ability.

3 minutes ago, Hokibukisa said:

I disagree, it was simply a foolish choice to pick as a subsume ability. It would be like picking Psychic Bolts from Nyx, or Prowl from Ivara.
Neither of those are OP on the frames they originated from, it would just be stupid and OP to choose as a subsume ability.

Oh I'm not saying Charge wasn't the right/least problematic/only reasonable/what else could we do choice. I'm firmly in the "giving Roar to everyone is kind of stupid" camp, a feeling that has only receded a bit because so many people will be packing Roar on every other frame that you'll be probably free to not do it and still enjoy the benefits!

There are basically two jobs that every warframe has.

1) Don't die. Some people think it is Rhino's or Inaro's job to not die. This is false. It is every warframe's job to not die. Not dying is is a prerequisite to their second job.
2) Kill things.

Ok so thats not technically true. My Ivara doesn't kill things because I only use her for spy missions. My vauban doesn't kill things because I only use him on interceptions and excavations. But on every other mission (worth mentioning) your second job is to kill things.

I won't be putting Roar on Ivara. I'll probably put Silence on Ivara. I honestly have no idea what I'll put on Vauban. I find him not lacking at all in the missions that I use him on. (I don't care about train youtuber I think he is silly person for having a "main")

So that means I'll probably just put Roar on him. Because he already achieves the objective of not dying and CC'ing the things. So wtf else would I put on him?

Ok, double the teams damage, that sounds good.

Everyone is being waaaaaaaay too uptight about this. As it stands, there is currently nothing stopping any frame from receiving any buff from any other frame.

Being able to apply the buff themselves hardly makes a difference at all. People talk about how this will destroy balance.

It will not. Rhino’s roar does not break the game, and it will not after Helminth Chrysalis.

2 minutes ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Everyone is being waaaaaaaay too uptight about this. As it stands, there is currently nothing stopping any frame from receiving any buff from any other frame.

Being able to apply the buff themselves hardly makes a difference at all. People talk about how this will destroy balance.

It will not. Rhino’s roar does not break the game, and it will not after Helminth Chrysalis.

I agree with this, but I guess my point would be that if the abilities chosen from a warframe dis-incentivizes using that warframe, then maybe it is a mistake.

For Rhino, I suppose that is a good thing. Rhino is amazing. He will still be used even if Roar is subsumed. He's so good he doesn't really have a defining ability. His ironskin, roar, and stomp are all great.

However for Valkyr, its different. Valkyr's Warcry is synonymous with Volt's Speed. These two frames DO have defining abilities, and Valkyr, unlike Rhino, is underplayed. She is a rare pepe already, and after subsuming Warcry, will be the rarest of pepes.

Archived