Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Achievement And Reward System!

Zachles

I realize that an Achievement System has been previously discussed. I'm not sure where the Warframe Team is with it, but I thought I'd provide my own two-cents on the topic!

Achievement System?! Rewards?! Tell me more!

I had this idea around the time that Ember Prime was announced; I dreaded the idea of it being implemented into the Orokin Void's drop table! I know a lot of other people have, too. I've seen an Achivement/Reward System idea pop up a few times.

Anyways, I realize that everyone hates RNG. I'm hoping that this idea could possibly mitigate that. I'm not saying it should replace drops as they are now, but this could be an alternative to getting certain rewards...

Shut up! Just get to the point!

The point of this is to offer players the alternative to try and get that insanely difficult Banshee Helmet blueprint that just won't drop after farming Xini over a hundred times! Or the player who needs that last Frost Prime blueprint, but it remains elusive after so many hours of gameplay...

Here is my proposal. There would be three tiers for rewards; each tier would consist of hundreds of possible achievements that could be reached. The higher the tier, the better the reward. In some cases, the reward would be guaranteed.

I'll just write down a very basic idea...

Tier One Achievements:

• Grineer Punisher! (Kill 500 Grineer) 1,000 Credits

• Under the Radar (Destroy 50 Corpus Security Cameras) Random Common/Uncommon Module. Ex. Vitality, Thief's Wit, Rush, et cetera...

• Hacker (Hack 25 Security Consoles) Random Common Module (Vitality, Redirection, et cetera)

Tier Two Achievements:

• Collector (Collect 5,000 Modules) Three random Uncommon/Rare modules. Ex. Master Thief, Rush, Quick Rest. (You can get Rare/Rare/Uncommon, or Uncommon/Uncommon/Uncommon, or even Rare/Uncommon/Uncommon.)

Tier Three Achievements:

• The Dedicated (Play for over 500 hours) 100 Platinum

• Headhunter (Get 5,000 Headshots) ??? Reward

• Gotta Catch 'Em All! (Acquire ??? Warframe) (Frost, for example) would give you a Frost Prime Blueprint. (Acquiring other Prime blueprints should be Orokin-Void related Achievements. For example, complete 1,000 Orokin Void missions for an Ember Prime Chassis Blueprint.)

I realize this is extremely basic, and very sketchy, but you should get the general idea. Notice how, the higher the tier and the greater amount of work required, but the greater the reward.

I'm not saying that this Achievement System should replace drops entirely. Again, it should just be an alternative to trying to acquire that blueprint, or that extremely rare resource.

This is a good idea! DE, make this happen!

Well, if you like this idea, what you can do is just give me a +1 on my post. DE can't ignore this forever, I guess. Really, they could.

This is a bad idea! What is wrong with you?! You'd be better off to uninstall the game right now...

Why? Why? Why?

Unless you can offer me legitimate reasons why this is a bad idea, and ways to make it better, I'm just going to disregard your post entirely.

But, this doesn't effect gameplay at all! (Or some other silly complaint...)

You know, not everything has to effect gameplay. A simple change to the User Interface (by the way, thanks to everyone who's been a part of making that change!) can go a long way.

I have a question!

Then just ask me, I guess. Also, if you don't quote me, your question will probably never be answered.

Let the questions, comments, feedback and flame wars commence.

If someone could post the link to the latest livestream so I can watch the parts I've missed, I'd appreciate it. It's not on their Youtube channel.

>says they'll post the video for livestream sixteen

>only posts a 5 minute segment of the video talking about the next event

Edited by Zachles

An achievement system was discussed on the latest livestream. But all they said were Steam achieves, and in-game achieves for non-steam users. Nothing about rewards, and I highly doubt they'd be implemented.

Otherwise, good idea, but some of the rewards you given as examples, mainly being the Prime blueprints, would need changing.

An achievement system was discussed on the latest livestream. But all they said were Steam achieves, and in-game achieves for non-steam users. Nothing about rewards, and I highly doubt they'd be implemented.

Otherwise, good idea, but some of the rewards you given as examples, mainly being the Prime blueprints, would need changing.

How so? Would they be too easy to get?

My main concern with them is that, if they continue adding more Prime blueprints to the Orokin Void drop tables without adding more mission types to compensate, getting certain blueprints is just going to get so much more tedious and difficult.

How so? Would they be too easy to get?

My main concern with them is that, if they continue adding more Prime blueprints to the Orokin Void drop tables without adding more mission types to compensate, getting certain blueprints is just going to get so much more tedious and difficult.

For one, yes, it would be too easy to get certain parts. And, it's honestly not that hard to get Frost Prime's Blueprints. Except the systems. Everyone must farm for those damned systems.

While your concern is there, and is reasonable, I am seriously doubting that the DEvs would put in rewards other than credits and a rare chance for a Forma/potato (I'm being hopeful here).

I liked achievements, until World of Warcraft went overboard...

Achievement unlocked : You have logged in!

Achievement unlocked : You have accepted a mission!

Achievement unlocked : You have killed a Grineer!

etc etc etc x 10,000 more achievements.

You wouldn't be rewarded for everything. That's a little excessive; that's like saying "oh, you just farted in public? wow. here's a cake and 50 bucks"

The tier one achievements would be geared more towards new players.

For one, yes, it would be too easy to get certain parts. And, it's honestly not that hard to get Frost Prime's Blueprints. Except the systems. Everyone must farm for those damned systems.

While your concern is there, and is reasonable, I am seriously doubting that the DEvs would put in rewards other than credits and a rare chance for a Forma/potato (I'm being hopeful here).

Agreed. Again, this is all speculation. I had absolutely no trouble getting Mag Prime, but others aren't so lucky.

That doesn't necessarily mean that Prime weapons and Warframes shouldn't be a part of the Achievement system; however, they should be made extremely difficult to get. It shouldn't be something just anyone could do in the span of say, a five days or whatever.

Primes are supposed to be special. They aren't special at all if just any ol' person can get them in less than a day.

Edited by Zachles

I'm in deep love with achievements (I've made an elaborated post about potential system myself a long time ago) so I can't wait when they will be implemented. However I would say no to random rewards - as I see it, achievements should be an alternative to RNG - a guaranteed reward for some reasonable amount of hard work. In other words - player should be able to pick a goal and start making progress towards it. Therefore no "in one mission" conditions - those are rather feats of strengthen while achievements should be a long term goal (overall progress). Hell, I would even dare to say that some rewards should be achievements-exclusive - this would extend game's lifespan quite a bit.

EDIT: link to mentioned post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/81020-achievements-with-ui-concept/#entry883044

Edited by xGryphus

You wouldn't be rewarded for everything. That's a little excessive; that's like saying "oh, you just farted in public? wow. here's a cake and 50 bucks"

The tier one achievements would be geared more towards new players.

I didn't say anything about rewards.

If you make too many achievements, they become meaningless after a while. I'm just saying I don't want to see that happen here.

If you make too many achievements, they become meaningless after a while. I'm just saying I don't want to see that happen here.

Well that's only partially true. As long as achievement is earned by reasonable amount of hard work and dedication instead of just doing anything, each is meaningful even if there are tons of them.

What's an achievement without a reward? Again, there's not an achievement for every little thing. There won't be any "you just looked at your arsenal! Here's 50,000 Credits!" because that's bullS#&$.

Anyways, I agree with xGryphus. As long as there is some level of work required, it's not so bad. A lot of the tier one achievements would, again, be geared more towards newer players.

Also, this isn't just about getting a reward for fulfilling an achievement. I'm hoping that having an achievement system will keep people interested in the game longterm. I mean, who doesn't like achievements?

Edited by Zachles

What's an achievement without a reward? Again, there's not an achievement for every little thing. There won't be any "you just looked at your arsenal! Here's 50,000 Credits!" because that's bullS#&$.

Anyways, I agree with xGryphus. As long as there is some level of work required, it's not so bad. A lot of the tier one achievements would, again, be geared more towards newer players.

Also, this isn't just about getting a reward for fulfilling an achievement. I'm hoping that having an achievement system will keep people interested in the game longterm. I mean, who doesn't like achievements?

Many achievement systems have no rewards at all. The achievement is just a 'badge of honor' to say "I have accomplished this!" - Look at most Steam game achievements for examples.

My point on too many achievements is a saturation issue. Sure some will be hard to get and still worth something, but when you have thousands, and many for doing virtually nothing _worthy of an achievement_ it becomes a "what's the point" issue.

-----

Anyway - I get what you guys want to do, and that's fine. I just don't want them to go overboard and make it meaningless.

• 2 weeks later...

I realize that an Achievement System has been previously discussed. I'm not sure where the Warframe Team is with it, but I thought I'd provide my own two-cents on the topic!

Achievement System?! Rewards?! Tell me more!

I had this idea around the time that Ember Prime was announced; I dreaded the idea of it being implemented into the Orokin Void's drop table! I know a lot of other people have, too. I've seen an Achivement/Reward System idea pop up a few times.

Anyways, I realize that everyone hates RNG. I'm hoping that this idea could possibly mitigate that. I'm not saying it should replace drops as they are now, but this could be an alternative to getting certain rewards...

Shut up! Just get to the point!

The point of this is to offer players the alternative to try and get that insanely difficult Banshee Helmet blueprint that just won't drop after farming Xini over a hundred times! Or the player who needs that last Frost Prime blueprint, but it remains elusive after so many hours of gameplay...

Here is my proposal. There would be three tiers for rewards; each tier would consist of hundreds of possible achievements that could be reached. The higher the tier, the better the reward. In some cases, the reward would be guaranteed.

I'll just write down a very basic idea...

Tier One Achievements:

• Grineer Punisher! (Kill 500 Grineer) 1,000 Credits

• Under the Radar (Destroy 50 Corpus Security Cameras) Random Common/Uncommon Module. Ex. Vitality, Thief's Wit, Rush, et cetera...

• Hacker (Hack 25 Security Consoles) Random Common Module (Vitality, Redirection, et cetera)

Tier Two Achievements:

• Collector (Collect 5,000 Modules) Three random Uncommon/Rare modules. Ex. Master Thief, Rush, Quick Rest. (You can get Rare/Rare/Uncommon, or Uncommon/Uncommon/Uncommon, or even Rare/Uncommon/Uncommon.)

Tier Three Achievements:

• The Dedicated (Play for over 500 hours) 100 Platinum

• Headhunter (Get 5,000 Headshots) ??? Reward

• Gotta Catch 'Em All! (Acquire ??? Warframe) (Frost, for example) would give you a Frost Prime Blueprint. (Acquiring other Prime blueprints should be Orokin-Void related Achievements. For example, complete 1,000 Orokin Void missions for an Ember Prime Chassis Blueprint.)

I realize this is extremely basic, and very sketchy, but you should get the general idea. Notice how, the higher the tier and the greater amount of work required, but the greater the reward.

I'm not saying that this Achievement System should replace drops entirely. Again, it should just be an alternative to trying to acquire that blueprint, or that extremely rare resource.

This is a good idea! DE, make this happen!

Well, if you like this idea, what you can do is just give me a +1 on my post. DE can't ignore this forever, I guess. Really, they could.

This is a bad idea! What is wrong with you?! You'd be better off to uninstall the game right now...

Why? Why? Why?

Unless you can offer me legitimate reasons why this is a bad idea, and ways to make it better, I'm just going to disregard your post entirely.

But, this doesn't effect gameplay at all! (Or some other silly complaint...)

You know, not everything has to effect gameplay. A simple change to the User Interface (by the way, thanks to everyone who's been a part of making that change!) can go a long way.

I have a question!

Then just ask me, I guess. Also, if you don't quote me, your question will probably never be answered.

Let the questions, comments, feedback and flame wars commence.

If someone could post the link to the latest livestream so I can watch the parts I've missed, I'd appreciate it. It's not on their Youtube channel.

>says they'll post the video for livestream sixteen
>only posts a 5 minute segment of the video talking about the next event

Rewards would be pretty awesome and gives people stuff to do when they are feeling bored or something, that said I will take steam achievements with or without rewards. I know they have no point in the long run, I just enjoy having random things to do when I don't feel like farming but still want to play some warframe. 

Hell, if they added ones for collecting weapons and warframes it could get people another incentive to make the "crappy" weapons besides mastery rank. 

The livestream 16 is here: http://www.twitch.tv/warframe/c/3104343'>http://www.twitch.tv/warframe/c/3104343