Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(UI) Keybind menu important suggestion

RalBunny

Allow us to leave the keybind menu without committing changes or resetting to the defaults. I can't believe this has been missed, honestly. If I've already made a ton of keybind changes (say, equip wheel) and later make a change I can't undo or find a way to reverse I can't simply exit the menu if something is left unbound. I have to Alt+F4 to undo changes, or reset all previous equip wheel changes made months ago.

For reference, this happened as I was trying to swap primary fire and alt fire. Doing so unbound the shared Mouse3 button on melee heavy attack and primary fire. I could only set M3 to one of the two, but not back to both like it was before I tried the change. So, attempting to do what /any other game/ would let you do I tried to discard changes and simply back out. Of course, either primary fire would scream about not being bound, or heavy melee.

I've had heavy attack (channeling) bound to F for the longest time because I made the same change and couldn't revert it.  Melee has always felt so awkward to me because the keybinds got so borked.  I despise having melee bound on the keyboard.. If I have a finger mashing E (default for melee), then I don't have a finger free to move Right.  So I have Melee Attack on the side of my mouse (one of those MMO mice with a numpad built in for the thumb -- its old), the pressure to push the button makes my view bounce to the right a tiny bit every time I swing, bobbing my head to a beat like Night at the Roxbury.

I had a similar headache a little while back too, but related to Sprint/Roll.  I have Roll bound to a key, and I have Sprint bound to a key.  But the game will not allow the joint Sprint/Roll key to be unbound. 
For context, I think it was Archwing related:  Say I want a short speed boost to catch up to a crewship for the boarding prompt. Tapping sprint for the short speed boost you want instead makes you Blink forward, slamming into the ship and spinning out, or overshoot by missing entirely.  Binding it to some key I'll never press is a workaround in this case, but wont work when you want multiple actions on one key, like Heavy Attack/Secondary Fire, which is the default.

A full abort for the bind menu as you suggest would be a great addition, but it'd be nice if they reviewed the entire binding process.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived