Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Is My Nova Build? Looking For Insight!

Spanese

Question

8 answers to this question

Worst Nova's build I've ever seen.

Continuity doesn't affect any of her abilities except Null Star. Why did you not put this useful ability in your build?

This frame is fast enough. So she doesn't need Marathon, Quick Rest, Rush.

But where are Redirection and Vitality? Nova is very fragile.

Heavy Impact is useless for Nova without Worm Hole.

Where are new corrupted mods? Blind Rage, Fleeting Expertise (and Overextended in some cases) are highly useful for this frame.

Edited by AntLion

Worst Nova's build I've ever seen.

Continuity doesn't affect any of her abilities except Null Star. Why did you not put this useful ability in your build?

This frame is fast enough. So she doesn't need Marathon, Quick Rest, Rush.

But where are Redirection and Vitality? Nova is very fragile.

Heavy Impact is useless for Nova without Worm Hole.

Where are new corrupted mods? Blind Rage, Fleeting Expertise (and Overextended in some cases) are highly useful for this frame.

Do you have a sample build? Still very new to this.

Aura: Energy Siphon

1. Null Star 

2. Redirection

3. Vitality

4. Focus

5. Antimatter Drop

6. Wormhole

7. Stretch 

8. Fleeting Experience (Maybe? Still getting use to the Corrupted mods.)

9. Blind Rage (Maybe? Still getting use to the Corrupted mods.)

10. M. Prime

Aura: Energy Siphon

1. Null Star 

2. Redirection

3. Vitality

4. Focus

5. Antimatter Drop

6. Wormhole

7. Stretch 

8. Fleeting Experience (Maybe? Still getting use to the Corrupted mods.)

9. Blind Rage (Maybe? Still getting use to the Corrupted mods.)

10. M. Prime

Good. Almost as mine. But with maxed Fleeting Expertise you will get just 2 Null Star particles per cast. So it's better to change Null Star for Flow (to get 450 energy).

Best to look at a frame by analyzing what each power-effecting mod does to the useful abilities. I just use Antimatter Drop and MP, sometimes Null Star.

+Power Strength - tiny increase to Antimatter Drop, decent increase to MP explosion. Only useful when a base MP wouldnt result in a kill, and minimally useful where even with +strength you still dont get a chain of explosions.

+Power duration - More Null star orbs. That's it.

+Power Range - more range on Null Star, Antimatter, and MP. Very useful for Nova.

+Energy efficiency - Nothing Nova does is really spammable, Consecutive MP's is pointless, Anti needs to be 'charged' with wep damage, and null cant be recast before all the orbs are used.

So looking at the above, I decided to mod such that I got the most +range I could, without worrying too much about power or efficiency, for high level content where MP wont chain anyways.

When I want to chain, I still use +range mods, but also use BR, Focus, Fleeting Expertise, and a less than fully ranked overextended.

Edited by Darzk

+Energy efficiency - Nothing Nova does is really spammable, Consecutive MP's is pointless, Anti needs to be 'charged' with wep damage, and null cant be recast before all the orbs are used.

If you do high level Survivals solo (as me), energy efficiency mods are very useful especially after 20 min. Because Nova is dead without energy.