Warframe best friends - the Sentinels

Hi Tenno,

The sentinels were the first companions to team up with us, yet after 7 years they could get some attention and a slight rework (for my personal taste). Maybe a Dev stream or post adressed this already, but here is my vision.

Even prior to Steel Path, as soon one was doing a longer run, the chance that the sentinel ends up dead prior to extraction was high. Even with the primed regeneration and repair kit, they barely survived and compared to Kubrows and Kavats, which one can heal all over again, this option is indirectly only for Djinn and even only while using up a slot for reawaken.

Now having more to do with the sentients, one Codex entry comes always back to mind: That the sentinels in the early days of the old war group up with the Tenno, despite the fear they are from sentient origin (maybe) or a cousins from another strain and purpose the Tenno gave them a chance and since are loyal companions (as far it can be viewed like this.)

So could we not have an upgrade for the little bro/sis? Giving them the resilience of the sentients, means damage adaptation and the reawaken mod as default ability? In addition that the primed regeneration refreshes after been coming back from the dead. Maybe need confirmation, but it felt with Djinn that the regeneration only triggers one time prior to the first death, yet doesn't reset for the following respawns.

Don't think this makes them OP, since mostly it are the weapons and preceps installed and the weapons can be switched among them anyway.

Wouldn't even mind if it would be a side quest to discover more lore from the old War and the sentinels itself ->the why. If it means to run over the infested world, going deep into the core to recover pieces for an Sentinel special adapter/module, which would unshackle this potential in cooperation/support with the necramechs. Or even using the Railjack in the Void proxima and searching through the still useless space filling derelict there to recover some resources. Of course every run should guarantee some or even all parts/resource.

Best regards.

• Like 3

Just gonna repeat my thoughts on Companion survival ...

Make Companions immortal, but have them enter a cooldown state for their offensive capabilities
(but not stuff like Animal Instinct / Vacuum / Mod set boni) when they take "lethal" damage.

That would make the current Health etc Mods / defensive options still have a purpose,
stuff like Bleed Out Mods / Regen / Reawaken would be reworked to affect that cooldown.

And while we're at it, whether or not it's in addition to the above,
make Companions invincible (and stop attacking) while you're using your Operator.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Just gonna repeat my thoughts on Companion survival ...

Make Companions immortal, but have them enter a cooldown state for their offensive capabilities
(but not stuff like Animal Instinct / Vacuum / Mod set boni) when they take "lethal" damage.

That would make the current Health etc Mods / defensive options still have a purpose,
stuff like Bleed Out Mods / Regen / Reawaken would be reworked to affect that cooldown.

And while we're at it, whether or not it's in addition to the above,
make Companions invincible (and stop attacking) while you're using your Operator.

Yes please. 

Even with survival mods on them, there is no higher level content they can reasonably accompany us anymore unless you're playing something like Inaros or using augmented Djinn. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Faultron said:

i want an immoral "companion" which scans and and collect loot for me.

i dont rly care if cant attack at all, but not having a loot collector is painful.

An immoral companion sounds like the sanitized version of a prostitute. But an immortal companion that existed solely as a vacuum would be very nice.