Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing the colors of subsumed warframe flowers?

RS219

Question

From what I heard, a flower of a subsumed warframe gains the colors of the warframe at its time of subsuming - either as a default, or as whatever the warframe was painted up as.

If that's the case, is there any way to change the colors of a flower that's already been made? Does a new warframe have to be subsumed to overwrite the current one?

10 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Most likely, it'll take the default so you can identify them better. If so, I'd imagine you can't change them for the same reason.

Sounds like Brozime could have gotten things wrong then, perhaps.

1 minute ago, RS219 said:

I mean, I don't think either of us know. Personally, I find the defaults more likely, but we're not going to be proven wrong until the update comes out.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

I mean, I don't think either of us know. Personally, I find the defaults more likely, but we're not going to be proven wrong until the update comes out.

Fair enough. Would be nice if Rebecca or someone else could help answer this harmless and non-spoilers-y question.

This is the sort of "I'll criticize the system before knowing how the system works" that the forums thrive on.

My suggestion to you, OP: wait till you see how the system works.

Just now, RS219 said:

Fair enough. Would be nice if Rebecca or someone else could help answer this harmless and non-spoilers-y question.

Eh. Can we all agree that the colour of flowers in a room we never go to is low-priority in the list of things that DE has to communicate to us?

1 minute ago, RS219 said:

Thematically it wouldnt make sense to have that option.

Each Lotus is grown by the Helminth "in honour" of a frame being subsumed. It takes on the colour of that frame to represent each individual sacrifice and so you can tell them apart. If you could change the colours then the Lotus' are reduced to a mere counting system rather than an honour.

Not sure who "Brozime" is but maybe he/she got bad info. Or could have been a mistranslation.

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

This is the sort of "I'll criticize the system before knowing how the system works" that the forums thrive on.

My suggestion to you, OP: wait till you see how the system works.

Eh. Can we all agree that the colour of flowers in a room we never go to is low-priority in the list of things that DE has to communicate to us?

Low priority or not it's still nice to know. And some may have hangups over the sentimental value behind the colours (i.e. nonprimed warframes used for years).

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

Sure.

"Low priority" means you'll know on August 26th the earliest.

Sure, but you don't have to snark up your responses.

By the way, this "I'll criticize the system before knowing how the system works" thing you wrote out: What part of my writings was criticism? It was nothing more than a curious question. Do you see me bashing anything anywhere?

4 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Sure, but you don't have to snark up your responses.

I don't have to. You are right.

I still do. Not because I have to, though.

5 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Do you see me bashing anything anywhere?

No, but since when are "bashing" and "criticism" synonims? They aren't.

Just for a small lecture about words, "positive criticism" is a thing that exists. Look at the first words on Wikipedia: "Criticism is the practice of judging the merits and faults of something". "Merits". Saying "I like this" is a sort of criticism -- positive criticism, it's the judging of the merits of something. So, I refuse your reductive and pessimistic understanding that "criticism" and "bashing" should be the same. They aren't. And I wasn't accusing you of "bashing" - I have a full understanding of the phenomenon of "providing criticism".

Implicit in your argument is "being able to control the colour of the flowers is important to me and I want to make sure I have control enough", which is a sort of criticism. You are establishing something as having merit (controlling colour) and something as a fault (not being able to control colour).

This will be on the test.

Archived