Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black squares covering parts of the screen in Archwing missions

Jaynat

On 2020-12-15 at 12:51 AM, finnishcoffee said:

Deimos Open World (Cambion Drift) tested again since this is where I had my biggest problems.

These things seem to have helped a great deal with above mention issues:

Graphics Engine - Enhanced (beta) works well but only if I stayed with DX 11.
It seems using DX 12 was the biggest culprit on my system.

Thanks for all of this information! I can confirm that we've now been able to reproduce this issue with DX12 in Cambion Drift, and we're currently in the process of tracking down the culprit. We'll try to have this fixed in a timely manner.

On 2020-12-16 at 10:39 PM, [DE]Linkski said:

Thanks for all of this information! I can confirm that we've now been able to reproduce this issue with DX12 in Cambion Drift, and we're currently in the process of tracking down the culprit. We'll try to have this fixed in a timely manner.

This still happening to me as well. Sometimes with Vauban vortex, but now with the Orphix event is happens when firing the exalted cannons on Voidrig.

Happens elsewhere too but those two are the most noticable since they are on the screen for a long time.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 60Hz Monitor* (would sustain 75 Hz but only with AMD Free-Sync, however  I have GeForce graphics* (with G-Sync which Monitor can't ..should've read more carefully xD)
and I am stuck with 60Hz. 60 fps delivers my Monitor.
*Dell S2721D
*NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

So I leave this info here just because maybe it helps narrowing down the cause of the issue and maybe it is somewhat related to " Graphics Capability plus Monitor Capability " - in combination!?:
I TRIED this:
With "adaptive" vertical refresh I suddenly have these black squares as well. never had them before!
Adaptive here means, as far as I hopefully understand it correctly:
My CPU renders/calculates only very few or even just ONE frame ahead, what "shall" maximize performance and quality at the same time.
(="make beautiful Images but not faster than the monitor can get em, to keep performance at max as well" ..or so? )
 -> I won't see that much "vertical-sync-off--horizontal lines" OR "stutter" alike was the promise of the NVIDIA explanation...
Since I never had these squares before, -for reasons- I think that this is the issue for me for having black squares all of a sudden..
..I turned vertical sync "on" globally now again, but again for when Warframe is running, it is set to "use the 3D application setting" which hopefully means I can switch it on or off directly in ingame display settings of Warframe.
I am now back to switching off and on and see what better suits me , till I get me a 144 Hz Monitor xD)

• 2 months later...
On 2020-12-16 at 9:39 PM, [DE]Linkski said:

It's been more then a year and this issue still persists. How is the progress on this timely fix?

Archived