Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe trading community is bonkers

supernils

4 hours ago, supernils said:

My impression is that it's mostly people who want to make the big buck with their god tier rivens

hanging out in trade chat hours a day, spamming the stuff

grinding kuva for hours and hours and hours hoping for that roll

what for? how much do you make an hour, realistically? 2$ at tops? Have you ever done actual work, in the real world? Do you know what your time is actually worth?

personally I just want to play the frigging game. Put rivens on weapons and use them.

And with playing the game comes having some rivens laying around that you don't want to use

So it seems natural to me that when I trade the rivens I have no use for for the rivens that you have no use for, we both win and no one has to do any of the above mentioned tedious nonsensical tasks.

But whenever I offer said trade no one ever seems to be interested.

They're all busy making their 12 cents here and their 23 cents there. And I'm just shaking my head.

Another person with no idea what they're talking about. Just admit you hate rivens and riven users lol. It's no secret on these forums. Almost every other day someone says "Rivens should have never existed." We get it: lottery and powercreep sucks.

Trade is for everything. Trade is a part of MMO life and culture, just like people getting upset that they can't make any plat....

I've sold probably 6 to 10 rivens total. 

I use rivens mainly. I very sparingly buy 0 or low roll rivens to experiment with. I dont buy anything over 100p, because 100p is chump change.

What I sell is: Primes, mods, arcanes, railjack mods, Animal DNA imprints, the weapon parts from ESO, and basically anything else I'm forgetting that can be sold. Fish and Gems as well.

13 hours ago, supernils said:

That's why I'd like to skip all that nonsense and just trade items directly with like minded CASUALS.

That's not impossible either... But Trade chat is still probably the least efficient way to go about it unfortunately...Everyone there is looking for a payday right then imo.

I've contacted sellers in warframe.market, talked to them, and worked out deals that involve a bunch of other stuff instead of merely plat.

Everyone will not be interested in doing that and you will typically need to be aiming for an unrolled trash riven for a weapon you like that others don't.

But it does work.

The simple fact of the matter is that you can't expect to pay thrift store prices if you ain't prepared to go thrift store shopping.

Channel your inner Fred Sanford...

sanford and son GIF

Trade chat is a total clusterf... ahem. But I actually really like the trading community on Warframe, particularly the folks on Warframe.market - I've met lots of nice, perfectly friendly people on there, you can get most of the stuff you want for pennies, and it's a nice and convenient platform for selling stuff. As for Rivens ... eh. If I'm looking to buy one, I just post that I'm looking for a decent riven for a specific weapon, wait for the PMs to come in and check stats and prices. If I feel they're overpriced, I'll just post a message in trade, saying I'm looking to buy a cheap garbage riven for a specific weapon, get that, then reroll it myself. I find Kuva survival a perfectly acceptable method of acquiring the resources to reroll mods. More acceptable than throwing a fit on the forums, anyway.

Reading some of the broader points about pricing and what's fair or is "exploitative" is interesting. 

In my mind, any item is only worth what the buyer believes it is worth and what the seller is comfortable accepting...the middle ground is where a deal is made.

If something sells for 50X today that doesn't mean it will sell for 50X tomorrow. 

It is the sellers prerogative to sell at the price they wish, and any external issues are immaterial...save the obvious one of supply and demand

If everyone is selling an item for 10X and I need a quick sale and am happy to take 7X then that really isn't anything to do with anyone else in a free and open marketplace. 

It has nothing to do with undercutting, as no such thing exists in an open marketplace. 

Like anything, supply and demand will play its part - but it still comes down to what A is comfortable selling for versus what B is comfortable buying for.

13 hours ago, Angwah said:

Hahaha! No it won't!

I'm not trying to get into a discussion on real world economics, but in regards at least to my point, yes it will correct itself. 

Sure, it's not a truly free market as there are for example restrictions on how many trades you can do a day, or items could have less value, but no market is ever really truly free.

But my point still stands that too a certain extent you will always see markets correct themselves naturally. Let me give you a real world example. 

In Iran it is still super common to haggle, like a lot. It's so cultural people haggle pretty much just because you do. Over the years this started to become so ruinous for sellers they couldn't even make a tiny net profit to pay their bills. So what did they do? Well, they didn't directly conspire, it just sort of organically happened that over time they all raised their base prices in order to make up for the insane bartering down. Eventually the market recorrected itself without any government intervention to still bring the prices down/up to about as low as the buyers are willing to pay/sellers willing to sell for, and this kind of correction happens around the world all the time.  

Even if there were no restrictions on how many trades a day, you would see a bottom. At some point people feel their time and work is being devalued. Everything has an intrinsic value to someone. You are imagining a world where people are willing to devalue their own hard work for pennies, and not just a few people, but most people. 

I farmed 600 or 700k kuva in this week, that means 200 rolls

from these 200 rolls i got only 3 "good" not even close to godtier

CD AS Gram

CC CD Gram

Vectis/tekko still rolling

PD: Im sure with the next update they will do something with rivens

Buy low, sell high. What's wrong with enjoying the  trade system, getting good at making Platinum to use elsewhere (Forma, cosmetics, more Rivens, etc), and making your experience better?

It's kind of how the world works. Warframe isn't special.

4 hours ago, Danielw8 said:

I farmed 600 or 700k kuva in this week, that means 200 rolls

from these 200 rolls i got only 3 "good" not even close to godtier

I'm on an anti-Kuva crusade. Copying this from another post I've made before:

Farming Gamble Juice is perhaps the only activity in this game that I'm glad I stayed out of.

If you do the math on Requiem Kuva Survival, the amount of time it takes to farm enough Kuva to have a 50% chance of having any negative and 3 positives that you desire (assuming only 3 acceptable positives, since you're looking for the best roll) is just shy of 1% of the average European male's lifespan. Spent entirely in Requiem Kuva Survival.

Steel Essence farming might be faster than Kuva Survival now - the meta hasn't settled for how much SE/H you can make - but that is insane. And that's not even a "perfect" Riven with high stat rolls and the best possible negative, either.

The people in this thread who say to settle for a "good enough" Riven to replace a mod slot are interacting with the system in a healthy way. Throwing away a significant fraction of your life chasing perfection for one weapon is ridiculous and honestly I'm amazed that DE has kept the system the same given their tendency to reduce grind.

And to OP: that's also why you see perfect Rivens go for tens of thousands of plat. These guys hit the jackpot and given the incredible odds to get a Riven like that, their rarity more than justifies the price for the rich players who seek to own them (despite literally no content in this game being challenging without a Riven). 

On the whole though, it's more time-efficient to just get a job, grind salary, and paypig your way through the game. Especially if you get frequent 75% offs. But people have other stuff to spend their money on - tangible goods have more perceived value than digital goods, after all - and the prospect of trading in their free time for Platinum even at a decidedly lower price than their time is worth is a good deal for them.

20 minutes ago, -NICHE- said:

I'm on an anti-Kuva crusade. Copying this from another post I've made before:

And to OP: that's also why you see perfect Rivens go for tens of thousands of plat. These guys hit the jackpot and given the incredible odds to get a Riven like that, their rarity more than justifies the price for the rich players who seek to own them (despite literally no content in this game being challenging without a Riven). 

On the whole though, it's more time-efficient to just get a job, grind salary, and paypig your way through the game. Especially if you get frequent 75% offs. But people have other stuff to spend their money on - tangible goods have more perceived value than digital goods, after all - and the prospect of trading in their free time for Platinum even at a decidedly lower price than their time is worth is a good deal for them.

Just so you're aware, there are many facets of life that are a much larger waste of time, in games and in real life. 

You make it sound like everyone was on the road to perfect progression and success, but then the evil videogame RNG came and ruined everyones lives.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Just so you're aware, there are many facets of life that are a much larger waste of time, in games and in real life. 

You make it sound like everyone was on the road to perfect progression and success, but then the evil videogame RNG came and ruined everyones lives.

I'm not sure how you took that away from my post. I'm guessing this is in reference to the expected amount of time it takes to roll that near-perfect Riven? 

21 hours ago, supernils said:

My impression is that it's mostly people who want to make the big buck with their god tier rivens

grinding kuva for hours and hours and hours hoping for that roll

Yup, 90% of the trade is rivens.

As for people grinding for kuva, I love them.  LOVE THEM.  LOVE THEM.  I've rolled maybe 5 decent rolls ever.  I buy the rivens with the stats I want and save myself the aggravation and time.

Everyone has their own way of generating plat in the game.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Actually, I don't think there is.

Grinding 20 minutes for a single roll that is 100% completely random for better stats for a single weapon in a video game just may be about the largest waste of time ever.

1 minute ago, Troll_Logic said:

Actually, I don't think there is.

Grinding 20 minutes for a single roll that is 100% completely random for better stats for a single weapon in a video game just may be about the largest waste of time ever.

You forgot those horrible zero depth fanservice animes exist.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

That's not at all what he's saying. He's saying it's more time efficient to go get a job and just buy the Rivens with real dollars.

If you're shocked by the amount of time it takes and how it's somehow painting a narative of the evil video game disrespecting people's time then maybe the whole Kuva system is ACTUALLY malicious and entirely made to waste people's time.

1 minute ago, Marr said:

That's not at all what he's saying. He's saying it's more time efficient to go get a job and just buy the Rivens with real dollars.

If you're shocked by the amount of time it takes and how it's somehow painting a narative of the evil video game disrespecting people's time then maybe the whole Kuva system is ACTUALLY malicious and entirely made to waste people's time.

Ah I see yea. That's true with anything definitely. 

People are way better off just rolling for something decent.

On 2020-08-15 at 6:41 PM, KIREEK said:

Buyers decide on budgets, sellers decide on the pricing

Unless it's a particularly rare item, the seller only decides the asking price. The buyer ultimately decides the sale price. 

Depending on if I'm willing to spend a bit longer on the trade chat, I can check the prices on the market and then lowball in chat.

I'm a reasonable person, so I typically only shave a little bit off. 50p item, lowball at 45. Odds are I'll find a seller who's willing to take my plat pretty quickly. 

On the other hand if the price in the market seems fair already, I'll just go ahead and contact the seller and give them the asking price. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Unless it's a particularly rare item, the seller only decides the asking price. The buyer ultimately decides the sale price. 

Depending on if I'm willing to spend a bit longer on the trade chat, I can check the prices on the market and then lowball in chat.

I'm a reasonable person, so I typically only shave a little bit off. 50p item, lowball at 45. Odds are I'll find a seller who's willing to take my plat pretty quickly. 

On the other hand if the price in the market seems fair already, I'll just go ahead and contact the seller and give them the asking price. 

You don't need to justify your decisions, some sellers will accept hagle or negotiations while others won't, they simply expect you to make a decision, even if it's outside your expectations (since you seem to use warframe market alot) they still want a reply, because they want to quickly trade or move to other buyers

Trading in WF stopped being fun the moment rivens were introduced.  It's a garbage system and I will never ever let DE live it down.  If I get rivens I just trade em to friends if they have a use.  Or sell them on the market for 100p or less just to get them out of my inventory.  Occasionally i'd go to trade chat to sell off some extra prime parts or mods for cheap on a first come first serve basis.  But i'm honestly so done with it that i'd rather just go to the bazzar if I am serious about offering something.  

Archived