Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe trading community is bonkers

supernils

4 hours ago, KIREEK said:

You don't need to justify your decisions, some sellers will accept hagle or negotiations while others won't, they simply expect you to make a decision, even if it's outside your expectations (since you seem to use warframe market alot) they still want a reply, because they want to quickly trade or move to other buyers

Not justifying anything, and not really haggling with the sellers from warframe.Market, just showing how the buyer is the one who truly sets the price when the item is not rare. 

I use the site to get a reference point for the current going rate, and then if I'm going to lowball, I will use trade chat to say "WTB {item} prime {amount} plat". 

People are hungry for the plat and will often readily agree to the amount. For most items, supply is high, and demand low. The supply of platinum in the hands of buyers is the opposite. That makes the buyer the one that has the greater bargaining power. 

On 2020-08-15 at 4:51 PM, supernils said:

My impression is that it's mostly people who want to make the big buck with their god tier rivens

hanging out in trade chat hours a day, spamming the stuff

grinding kuva for hours and hours and hours hoping for that roll

what for? how much do you make an hour, realistically? 2$ at tops? Have you ever done actual work, in the real world? Do you know what your time is actually worth?

personally I just want to play the frigging game. Put rivens on weapons and use them.

And with playing the game comes having some rivens laying around that you don't want to use

So it seems natural to me that when I trade the rivens I have no use for for the rivens that you have no use for, we both win and no one has to do any of the above mentioned tedious nonsensical tasks.

But whenever I offer said trade no one ever seems to be interested.

They're all busy making their 12 cents here and their 23 cents there. And I'm just shaking my head.

they really need to make a trade chat tab just for rivens an mods an have the current trade chat be item trade.
this would make it much easyier for players selling as if your looking to buy or sell rivens you go to a seperate trade tab
if your looking to buy or sell item parts 😄 your not having to scroll through spam waves of rivens

9 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

they really need to make a trade chat tab just for rivens an mods an have the current trade chat be item trade.
this would make it much easyier for players selling as if your looking to buy or sell rivens you go to a seperate trade tab
if your looking to buy or sell item parts 😄 your not having to scroll through spam waves of rivens

You can filter the trade options.

On 2020-08-16 at 4:50 AM, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Another person with no idea what they're talking about. Just admit you hate rivens and riven users lol

Wrong, I love rivens and I love the way they work, I love to use them, and I love seeing the salt after every disposition update

I mostly just use the rivens I get from the game, I "grind" the Kuva for a decent roll averaging at about 10-15 rolls. I think that's healthy.

I just think the trading is dumb, because most people seem to have a different attitude towards Rivens, either in one or the other direction.

On 2020-08-16 at 1:58 PM, Padre_Akais said:

That's not impossible either... But Trade chat is still probably the least efficient way to go about it unfortunately...Everyone there is looking for a payday right then imo.

I've contacted sellers in warframe.market, talked to them, and worked out deals that involve a bunch of other stuff instead of merely plat.

Everyone will not be interested in doing that and you will typically need to be aiming for an unrolled trash riven for a weapon you like that others don't.

But it does work.

The simple fact of the matter is that you can't expect to pay thrift store prices if you ain't prepared to go thrift store shopping.

I've had other experiences. Sometimes I ask in trade chat or guild chat too (I'm in a massive guild) but never people want to trade their trash rivens which they undoubetly have lying around clogging their inventory (basically every player is in that situation!). Thats part of why I created this thread. Everybody seems to be so focused on god roll rivens for their FotM weapons. I don't even think about trading rolled Rivens. As I said, I'm up for a casual approach, I think going for god rolls (and paying/selling them) is a waste of time. I typically try to get rivens for lesser used weapons that I like.

I've done the type of trading I favor, but why is it so hard. I don't understand it. I think it breaks down to people having a very limited interest in non-meta weapons. And that is why I think current Riven disposition system isn't even drastic enough.

On 2020-08-16 at 10:14 PM, -NICHE- said:

I'm not sure how you took that away from my post. I'm guessing this is in reference to the expected amount of time it takes to roll that near-perfect Riven? 

They feel called out and need to defend it, because their mod list is probaply so full of rivens they are spouting rivens out of every orifice. Dont feel bad, Madurai-Prime has some obsessions they affirm in every thread. Just try to ignore it.

Archived