Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade Banned for Farming Credits on a Server Booster

Voltage

Look, I know the Forums cannot help with any sort of suspensions, and I will of course be making a support ticket. However, I do want to make some feedback on how much of a joke this is. I have been farming the Profit Taker since the Booster Week started, and there is no reason to trade suspend a player for farming Credits when encouraged to. It's absolutely hilarious that this is a thing, especially for Profit Taker.

Please fix and/or remove this suspension system. It is inexcusably bad and always catches false positives. There is almost nothing tradeable from this fight.

unknown.png

unknown.png

I'm afraid this won't get properly addressed (as in, removing this system and coming up with a fairer one) until there's enough backlash and profit loss over it.

Which is surprising, knowing how common this topic is. Haven't had the displeasure yet since I get easily bored from doing the same task too many times in a row so I've got that going for me, at least.

I'm surprised more people don't point out the biggest reason why this system is so flawed:

What is the point of a temporary trade ban as a precautionary measure, when it seems the majority of the people caught were not farming tradeable resources? This should be pointed out more. 

Instead, it is catching people who whether through trading or real money, are taking plat out of circulation by buying boosters for long farming sessions, and then getting slapped with a trade ban when the actual resources in question generally are NOT tradeable. It's definitely a system that needs a serious overhaul. I could see it on maybe long relic runs or something, as those really are tradeable resources if you get a lot of ducat fodder or something, but I don't think I've seen one endless relic mission in any of the false positives posted on the forums. 

Honestly Warframe is now playing in a F2P league with games of the category of League of Legends and they should probably take a look at how they handle these, take the issues seriously and have teams dedicated only to player behavior, whether it's actually chat messaging (ie: overzealous Kickbot) or these automatic ban systems (ie: Steel Essence farm or the one you just posted).

And yes, this also includes the very infamous by now negative platinum issue.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Sorry for sounding synical but how do you know its from farming credits and not something else?

I didn´t do anything in warframe in the last two days except farming credits. All the people who I have played with and did Profit taker missions are having the same issue

1 minute ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Sorry for sounding synical but how do you know its from farming credits and not something else?

It shouldn’t matter. You get these for Thumpers/Exploiter orbs too. If you get too many resources in a set period you get suspended. Profit Taker drops a lot of credits, if you use the server booster and a double credit booster you end up getting suspended.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

It shouldn’t matter. You get these for Thumpers/Exploiter orbs too. If you get too many resources in a set period you get suspended. Profit Taker drops a lot of credits, if you use the server booster and a double credit booster you end up getting suspended.

At the same time there are a lot of people farming like crazy not getting banned/suspended.
So there has to be something else.

7 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I heard rumours about long endless runs resulting in bans "in forums" by player but not for acquiring credits over several missions. A part of me suspects other factors in play outside op knowledge. Like team member using cheat software inbackground etc.

What evidence did OP get to say its from credit farming. Did op get a message saying reason? 

6 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

At the same time there are a lot of people farming like crazy not getting banned/suspended.
So there has to be something else.

I would imagine it comes down to efficiency and how many boosters you are using. Server booster is one, but not everyone buys a credit booster, and not everyone uses Charm. If you complete it regularly at 8x credits, that might cause issues. Some people take 10 - 15 minutes to kill the orb. So they would be only getting 4 - 6 drops an hour. Others take 5 minutes, meaning 12 drops an hour.

• Yes, something else could be responsible. But it doesn’t seem particularly likely. This happens every single time a booster (resource/credit) is running.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:
  • This happens every single time a booster (resource/credit) is running.

Yeah... uhm... what?
Sure, we here from people getting banned. Doesn't mean that every efficient farmer gets banned. Again, often enough people don't get banned, and even talk about it in threads like this. So we can't be 100% sure it's just about farming. And people need to stop spreading that rumor. People will believe it, because they think it's the truth.
It MIGHT be about just farming, sure. But we have no evidence that it's just that...

14 minutes ago, --PV--RAWAD said:

I didn´t do anything in warframe in the last two days except farming credits. All the people who I have played with and did Profit taker missions are having the same issue

Well, that was my plan for the next several days was to nab a credit booster and do a lot of profit taker.

Guess I better get any trades done before I get started. 

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

Doesn't mean that every efficient farmer gets banned.

That isn't what I was suggesting. Every single time there is a server booster people get banned for farming. People have also been getting banned for farming steel essence recently. Many people are not banned for it, many are. You could well be correct that something else is to blame. The message from Support only states "Abnormal Results", so it is hard to tell exactly what the cause is. But people tend to assume when many people get the same message for the same activity.

Spoiler

unknown.png

*Old image, but was the easiest to find on Google.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

I've done nothing but farm Credits for the last 3 days straight besides working and sleeping, so there is absolutely no other mission which could have triggered this. I'm glad you asked. It's a valuable question. I got a triple smeeta buff last night too resulting in 8 million Credits in ~2 minutes. I also don't have the support message yet, I'm just unable to trade which means I was trade banned very recently.

8 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Yeah... uhm... what?
Sure, we here from people getting banned. Doesn't mean that every efficient farmer gets banned. Again, often enough people don't get banned, and even talk about it in threads like this. So we can't be 100% sure it's just about farming. And people need to stop spreading that rumor. People will believe it, because they think it's the truth.
It MIGHT be about just farming, sure. But we have no evidence that it's just that...

There is no basis to this argument, you are simply begging the question. If you have evidence of other efforts leading to trade bans you should bring it forward. This thread is CONCRETE proof that farming the Profit Taker aggressively does increase your risk of a trade ban. It is a warning that when playing Warframe by Digital Extremes you shouldn't be too good at the game, lest you be banned.

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

That isn't what I was suggesting. Every single time there is a server booster people get banned for farming. People have also been getting banned for farming steel essence recently. Many people are not banned for it, many are. You could well be correct that something else is to blame. The message from Support only states "Abnormal Results", so it is hard to tell exactly what the cause is. But people tend to assume when many people get the same message for the same activity.

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

*Old image, but was the easiest to find on Google.

Okay, I get you now.
But obviously support will just give a vague explanation so that players can't cheat the system in some way or another.
Same as with a list of bad words in chat. If DE gave us such a thing, people would just try to trick the system...

1 minute ago, Marr said:

There is no basis to this argument, you are simply begging the question. If you have evidence of other efforts leading to trade bans you should bring it forward. This thread is CONCRETE proof that farming the Profit Taker aggressively does increase your risk of a trade ban. It is a warning that when playing Warframe by Digital Extremes you shouldn't be too good at the game, lest you be banned.

If this thread proves anything than you might want to double check the meaning of "proof".
You know, I talked to a lot of people. Not a single one has covid. So covid doesn't exist. That's proven by me. Wait, that's not how it works? See, this thread proves nothing.
We just have what OP is telling us. OP can easily lie to us. No way for us to tell...

9 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Yeah... uhm... what?

We were right about Bad Plat for the longest time and no one said a word on it until 2FA was made mandatory for trading.

Also, Voltage has been right about things in the past, I may disagree with him at times but he brought up the issue of Resource Boosters not effecting Steel Essence long before DE apologized for it.

It's not a rumor if people are being affected by this. If someone kicked me in the shin and I told people and they said "people need to stop spreading rumors about people being kicked in the shin." what am I meant to say to that?

You should have known better since it seems like you are a Vet. The rules are a lot more strict now. Even farming "50 Steel Essence" from Steel Path in a short time will get you possible banned from game. 50 is not a big number. You have to extract then come back later to farm some more. Unless you want to test your luck with account bans.

3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Okay, I get you now.
But obviously support will just give a vague explanation so that players can't cheat the system in some way or another.
Same as with a list of bad words in chat. If DE gave us such a thing, people would just try to trick the system...

If this thread proves anything than you might want to double check the meaning of "proof".
You know, I talked to a lot of people. Not a single one has covid. So covid doesn't exist. That's proven by me. Wait, that's not how it works? See, this thread proves nothing.
We just have what OP is telling us. OP can easily lie to us. No way for us to tell...

That's a complete fallacy, I never said PT causes you to be banned. I said that it is associated with you being banned if you farm aggressively . Try a better false equivalence next time.You are trying to disprove the existence of something through something. I am not trying to draw conclusions, I'm trying to find correlational patterns.

3 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

You should have known better since it seems like you are a Vet. The rules are a lot more strict now. Even farming "50 Steel Essence" from Steel Path in a short time will get you possible banned from game. 50 is not a big number. You have to extract then come back later to farm some more. Unless you want to test your luck with account bans.

Ah yes, I should have assumed I would risk being banned for farming a completely nontradeable resource.

2 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

We were right about Bad Plat for the longest time and no one said a word on it until 2FA was made mandatory for trading.

DE admitted this whole mess long before that... get your facts straight.

2 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Also, Voltage has been right about things in the past, I may disagree with him at times but he brought up the issue of Resource Boosters not effecting Steel Essence long before DE apologized for it.

Not how things work...
They might be right again, they might not be. They might lie. There is no way for us to tell.

3 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

It's not a rumor if people are being affected by this. If someone kicked me in the shin and I told people and they said "people need to stop spreading rumors about people being kicked in the shin." what am I meant to say to that?

I didn't say it would be a rumor that people are affected as you read in my post. I said people need to stop making it sound as if they can prove what happened. As if people would see exactly what happened in the background.
We can't tell what EXACTLY triggers the ban, because there are people getting banned and there are the ones not getting banned.
The rumor-part is that people say that this or that leads to a ban, even though they don't exactly know if it's actually true. They just belive that it's true what they are saying.

Archived