Jump to content

Ivara Piercing navigator is just useless


Recommended Posts

1)After the melee rework this mod is just useless, Nowadays Max 50% crit bonus is just a joke and you have to hit the enemies to reach 50%. Remove the limit on the max critical chance and add a status chance bonus as well because for now this mod is just trash.

2)I thought Artemis Bow was a bow but it can't use split flights, weird... Let her use split flights because her "ultimate fashion" bow can't kill a f**k on SP index...

 

I still don't understand how do you design the frame abilities, do you throw the dices?

Till now, If you have to aim, spend a lot of energy and reflex then it will deal deal less damage while if you have to press just a button or  moving randomly the mouse you can deal million of damage...

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

i mean, it's a flat +50, and IIRC it gets Multiplied by Crit Chance Mods too.
which if memory does serve, the Augment makes most Weapons Red Crit. even if it didn't though, for a Gun a flat +50 is quite considerable compared to what Guns are normally able to have access to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i mean, it's a flat +50, and IIRC it gets Multiplied by Crit Chance Mods too.
which if memory does serve, the Augment makes most Weapons Red Crit. even if it didn't though, for a Gun a flat +50 is quite considerable compared to what Guns are normally able to have access to.

Excluding the simulacrum,  i have never been able to use during a serious match, it's just unpractical  considering the punch through on weapon like the sancti castanas. 

I tried a lot of config build testing the Sp index , i am spending energy for navigator with 14X with a glaive prime, using empowered quiver but Fk it's faster spamming E with a venka prime. Give us a chance to use a different gameplay sometimes.

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Excluding the simulacrum,  i have never been able to use during a serious match, it's just unpractical

sure, Navigator is one of the coolest Abilities in the game, but, the game isn't really setup for it. the game is setup with 254929765259256 useless Trash Units that you're supposed to beyblade through while stacking DR.

but, there are rare cases that you can make Navigator work by not having endless dozens of 0 Health Enemies spawning, and in those cases, it works wonderfully.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Navigator is solely for those looking to nail that one damn enemy that about to hit the alarm from across the room, around a corner

or for those looking to roleplay as Yondu from Guardians of the Galaxy

Edited by Teksorbkyva
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

sure, Navigator is one of the coolest Abilities in the game, but, the game isn't really setup for it. the game is setup with 254929765259256 useless Trash Units that you're supposed to beyblade through while stacking DR.

but, there are rare cases that you can make Navigator work by not having endless dozens of 0 Health Enemies spawning, and in those cases, it works wonderfully.

I used only navigator most of the time even against level 9999 enemies without any problem. The problem is against Hybrid enemies with armor and shield(after the slash change to shields) or status immune enemies. You just need a decent build, you have to aim and Navigator is a multiplicative buff (the highest single buff in game), that means it can shred everything with faction mods...

Edited by bibmobello
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

Ivara's kit is fairly outdated at this point and could use a refresh. She (and Navigator) was carried by the Zenistar before the melee 3.0 nerfs. 

Only for people that don't or didn't know how to use her.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

Ivara's kit is fairly outdated at this point and could use a refresh. She (and Navigator) was carried by the Zenistar before the melee 3.0 nerfs. 

It's fairly outdated after they released frames like revenant practically invincible, even inaros cold sweats during a 40 minutes SP mot. Now add Roar to revenant and everyone will just use him...

Edited by bibmobello
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Only for people that don't or didn't know how to use her.  

There's nothing to know. Nerfing Zeni took away Ivara's nuking capability. And Concentrated Arrow got gutted by aoe nerfs, it's garbo now for high level content.

Edited by Ikyr0
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

There's nothing to know. Nerfing Zeni took away Ivara's nuking capability. And Concentrated Arrow got gutted by aoe nerfs, it's garbo now for high level content.

Dude Ivara didn't use zenistar for a while with the contagion around, even without the stupid bug of the +400% bonus with navigator, she was able to kill everything at every level dealing generally  99% damage most of the time with just one headshot... It was able to kill till level 4000 corpus Destr with one shot after that it reached the limit without CO and without Bloodrush.

Edited by bibmobello
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

It scale with power strength.
Also, as stated above it's additive before mods, which make it relatively strong regardless of the weapon.

It doesn't, it has a max limit of 50% crit. The only thing that scales with strength is you need less hits to reach the cap. Last time i tested it it didn't scale before mods probably it was bugged as well and in the real world only one weapon benefits from this... The glaive prime but i think you deal less damage every hits thanks to the follow through. I will retest everything because the wiki most of the time writes BS...

Edited by bibmobello
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bibmobello said:

I used only navigator most of the time even against level 9999 enemies without any problem. The problem is against Hybrid enemies with armor and shield(after the slash change to shields) or status immune enemies. You just need a decent build, you have to aim and Navigator is a multiplicative buff (the highest single buff in game), that means it can shred everything with faction mods...

i have no idea why you pinged me with these words. doesn't have anything to do with what i said.

i said, game that Spawns 29539973 Lancers that have 0 Health makes Navigator generally pointless, but cool nonetheless.
and Enemies having a Shield sounds like a nonstarter to me since Headshotting Enemies is pretty expected when you can fly your Projectile right to their Head.

5 hours ago, bibmobello said:

It's fairly outdated after they released frames like revenant practically invincible, even inaros cold sweats during a 40 minutes SP mot. Now add Roar to revenant and everyone will just use him...

on the upside, Mesmer Skin makes Revenant relevant at all, ever, in any Mission. otherwise Revenant would never be since our Stats are so high.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, taiiat said:

i have no idea why you pinged me with these words. doesn't have anything to do with what i said.

i said, game that Spawns 29539973 Lancers that have 0 Health makes Navigator generally pointless, but cool nonetheless.
and Enemies having a Shield sounds like a nonstarter to me since Headshotting Enemies is pretty expected when you can fly your Projectile right to their Head.

on the upside, Mesmer Skin makes Revenant relevant at all, ever, in any Mission. otherwise Revenant would never be since our Stats are so high.

Dude i am not pointing what's is useless or useless for someone else, i play only high level missions because i don't give a S#&$ about killing level 20 enemies, this is a feedback section and My reference point is Emissary SP and SP Index for testing.

1) I am just pointing out that having on Ivara  +10X multiplier, +1.4 on  headshot,+200% crit damage  and even +50% crit on the weapon like a glaive  isn't enough to kill them faster than spamming E with a normal good melee weapon without a riven,  on normal levels instead you will probably get 99% damage most of the time.

Considering ivara is a glassy frame and using a gimmick ability should give more vantages using her on these levels.

2)Noise arrow is just useless and it needs to be replaced with something like armor stripping for example.

3) Prohibiting the use of Split flights on artemis bow is just stupid and you will see that on these levels.

And just to be clear i play all the frames, i am not complaining about other player stats...

Edited by bibmobello
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bibmobello said:

1) I am just pointing out that having on Ivara  +10X multiplier, +1.4 on  headshot,+200% crit damage  and even +50% crit on the weapon like a glaive  isn't enough to kill them faster than spamming E with a normal good melee weapon without a riven,  on normal levels instead you will probably get 99% damage most of the time.

i blame that on the Damage scaling of Navigator being so convoluted and finicky, for seemingly no reason since AoE spam Abilities never have any of those sorts of complications.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

Would be cool if it worked more like yondu's whistle arrow from guardians of the galaxy...

It kinda already does.  You just have to be good(correction:Really good) at controlling it.  The Arca Plasmor projectile was extremely easy to control with Navigator to cause all kinds of havok.  Sadly, DE removed the ability to control it Arca Plasmor, Sonicor, and similar types as well.  You can thank a certain YT video for that one.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
added content
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, taiiat said:

i blame that on the Damage scaling of Navigator being so convoluted and finicky, for seemingly no reason since AoE spam Abilities never have any of those sorts of complications.

I already wrote that you don't see any difference until you fight SP index Hybrid armor+shield enemies. During normal missions it can kill every normal enemy even at level 9999 and even before the enemy health, armor and shield nerf at level 9999 with one hit. I was just pointing out that he needed some little buff to be balanced against the simple brute force approach to spam E. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...