Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Livestreams, An Idea

Sixty5

http://www.twitch.tv/sixty5'>My Twitch 

So I was thinking awhile back about what makes a game truly successful, and the main point that came to mind was that in most cases success is measured by the community, in terms of size and strength.

Warframe right now has a great community, but it is lacking in some areas, one of these being a sense of connection.

By this, I mean that the forums consist of people, some of whom are more recognizable than others, but in most cases are seen as the persona that they put out via what they type.

While this is fine, it means that there is a sense of connection that is missing. One way of achieving this is with members playing the game together, however this hasn't really happened from what I have seen or experienced, which is a real shame.

So the idea I had was set up a livestream every week or two, where members of the forum community could get together, play a few game, and chat about the stuff that was happening with the game. Sorta like the Forums, but on a better level.

The setup would be a lot less formal than any of the Dev streams, but more community oriented than the ones of people just playing the game, hell if it gets popular I could probably even do some giveaways.

Point is, it would put a person to the name, and that, in my opinion, would help to bring the forum community closer together.

So leave a comment/upvote if you think it is a good idea, or even if you think it is dumb aand that I shoul go suck on a lemon. If the idea is popular I could probably organize the first one to happen next week

Other details

Time would probably be 7pm EST, the same time that Prime time airs

Place would be Twitch TV

Chat would be less moderated than the Dev streams, but participants would still be required to keep to a level of behaviour

Edited by Sixty5

The idea needs A LOT more thought, but this could be really interesting. If you were to get a few people from the community that could really communicate the problems of Warframe, i think that would be awesome. I'm talking about getting people together who have read the countless suggestions of the forums and kind of pile them into a livestream or take on one suggestion each live steam.

If we had people talking out these suggestions, and maybe even showing why they need to be implemented during the live stream. I think that could be a BIG slap in the face that DE desperately needs. 

Of course, record the livestream and post them on YouTube as well.

Just food for thought.

Edited by KingKeif

The idea needs A LOT more thought, but this could be really interesting. If you were to get a few people from the community that could really communicate the problems of warframe, i think that would be awesome. I'm talking about getting people together who have read the countless suggestions of the forums and kind of pile them into a livestream or take on one suggestion each live steam.

Of course, record the livestream and post them on youtube as well.

Just food for thought.

This topic is just to see how much interest there is out there for this sort of thing. I wouldn't want to write 1500 words on something that will get no interest.

And from what I was looking at today on Twitch you can export the Stream straight to Youtube, though I'd also record it just in case.

Thanks for the feedback.

So like what Prime Time is supposed to be?

You want a bunch of forum guys to get in a teamspeak while one of them streams? Why would people watch it? People seem to only watch the dev streams to either win platinum or get teasers/new info. A player doesn't have either on hand, and anyone who goes on the forums enough to know about the stream would probably already know everything there is to know in the first place. It might benefit the twitch people who seem to ask questions about things addressed in almost every livestream before the one they were watching, but given how ignorant those people are, I doubt they'd be exposed to this one.

Not saying it's a bad idea, I just don't know if you'd be able to get the audience you want. If you want to give it a shot either way, I'll stream/play with you, I have a teamspeak server and can stream warframe, I also browse the forums daily and have an extensive knowledge of the future of warframe since I made https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlsyEla_uEOUdERwRURQYnA2cDRUZnVDTlUtOW4tV2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0'>this and all. I'd love more community centric stuff happening, in whatever shape, but the incentive to participate is really important.

Edited by VegetableBasket

So like what Prime Time is supposed to be?

You want a bunch of forum guys to get in a teamspeak while one of them streams? Why would people watch it? People only watch the dev streams to either win platinum or get teasers/info. A player doesn't have either on hand, and anyone who goes on the forums enough to know about the stream would probably already know everything there is to know in the first place.

Not saying it's a bad idea, I just don't know if you'd be able to get the audience you want.

Different to Prime time in that it would be more focused on the game. Also lots of people watch others Stream themselves just playing games.

In addition there are some cool people here, believe it or not (not me though)

Another thing I was thinking about would be going over that weeks update, and talking more about its effects and any hidden changes.

Finally, like I said, I'm looking to see if there would be an audience for something like this.

Yeah I definitely understand the need for a kind of in-depth discussion of the game, veteran players make comments about how the devs don't play their own game pretty often because devs don't seem to feel the same way about issues so many vets do, so yeah, it probably would be good to make an accessible but not dumbed down analysis of the state of the game, basically podcast it while gameplay is going in the background rather than broadcast gameplay while community concerns are in the background. If enough people want to provide commentary maybe we could just start a warframe podcast itself, get a few different clans to have members talk about what they're feeling strongly about, etc.

Yeah, we should just try and do this, if no one watches, we didn't lose anything, but you have to start somewhere. If you build it, they will come, eh?

Edited by VegetableBasket

Yeah I definitely understand the need for a kind of in-depth discussion of the game, veteran players make comments about how the devs don't play their own game pretty often because devs don't seem to feel the same way about issues so many vets do, so yeah, it probably would be good to make an accessible but not dumbed down analysis of the state of the game, basically podcast it while gameplay is going in the background rather than broadcast gameplay while community concerns are in the background.

Yeah, we should just try and do this, if no one watches, we didn't lose anything, but you have to start somewhere. If you build it, they will come, eh?

I don't see why not.

This is something I could go for. Just for S#&$s and giggles.

It'd be nice to have multiple people participating all streaming it at once as well. Could work as a community member spotlight sort of thing. 

But I agree that getting this to go as planned would be a task, viewer count wise.

This is something I could go for. Just for S#&$s and giggles.

It'd be nice to have multiple people participating all streaming it at once as well. Could work as a community member spotlight sort of thing. 

But I agree that getting this to go as planned would be a task, viewer count wise.

Having multiple streaming at once would kinda be counterproductive, you can only really watch one stream at a time, no point diluting viewer pool. 

Having a community member spotlight would be cool.

Having multiple streaming at once would kinda be counterproductive, you can only really watch one stream at a time, no point diluting viewer pool. 

Having a community member spotlight would be cool.

I'unno how to set it up, but I've seen a few twitch streams that do dualstreaming, and there's some way of setting up a twitch url to make it so you can view two streams at once with the same chatbox. 

Of course I could be full of total S#&$ and not know what I'm talking about as well. But whatevs.

Edited by LazyTheGypsy

I'unno how to set it up, but I've seen a few twitch streams that do dualstreaming, and there's some way of setting up a twitch url to make it so you can view two streams at once with the same chatbox. 

Of course I could be full of total S#&$ and not know what I'm talking about as well. But whatevs.

My knowledge of twitch goes as far as some haphazard experiments, and whatever I can pull up in a google search. I don't even know how to pm people in chat...

Sorry to all those who I have ignored there...

Well, I'm not good enough in English to help.

This is a nice idea, but I'm quite doubtful of people showing a real interest in this. This game maybe doesn't require enough technique to make gameplay vids etc. At the end, it would be just giving our opinions about the last updates or livestreams (and the prime time sessions are already doing it). We couldn't leak anything as DE would probably react immediately.

You could make a few vids about the void or the derelicts, how to achieve some parkour, how to reveal the secrets of those tilesets. But it's pretty much the same as you could already find on Youtube. Going high level is not that hard too.

DE are quite good at shaping their community with all the tools they are using. And this forum works well. But I agree that it would be nice to reinforce our connections, especially with the guys on this forum. I know it's not likely to happen, but if someday a clan with a lot of forum users appear, I would be in without a doubt.

Well, I'm not good enough in English to help.

This is a nice idea, but I'm quite doubtful of people showing a real interest in this. This game maybe doesn't require enough technique to make gameplay vids etc. At the end, it would be just giving our opinions about the last updates or livestreams (and the prime time sessions are already doing it). We couldn't leak anything as DE would probably react immediately.

You could make a few vids about the void or the derelicts, how to achieve some parkour, how to reveal the secrets of those tilesets. But it's pretty much the same as you could already find on Youtube. Going high level is not that hard too.

DE are quite good at shaping their community with all the tools they are using. And this forum works well. But I agree that it would be nice to reinforce our connections, especially with the guys on this forum. I know it's not likely to happen, but if someday a clan with a lot of forum users appear, I would be in without a doubt.

The idea sorta came about after thinking about a forum specific clan. I rejected that Idea since I like my clan, and leaving them wouldn't be right in my eyes.

Also I was thinking that it would be more about providing information on recent hotfixes, as well as sorta a QA session for people, also a place to speculate and give opinions about stuff.

So basically GD but with more ability to go tangential, and a more personal feel.

I could be into this. I'm not big on the forums, but I do follow suggestion threads/have ideas on how to fix some of the game's issues, and have been playing for a good amount of time. Hell, I watch wf streams sometimes and it would be neat just to see a few veteran players do missions. The proposed time also works for me, though unfortunately not this week.

Basically a State of the Game or State of the League. I was also hoping someone would come up with something like this. Maybe even DE could get behind it and give some keys away to help it grow. The way I see it, I think you would need a good host and a few well known or veteran players. Also, the host would need to be a forum junky to have great material/discussion to bring to the viewers. I'm all for it!

That's an awesome idea. I'm in Australia, so my connection probably wouldn't be that great.

I'm pretty busy at the moment, but I'd definitely take part in something like this.

I'm in NZ...

I could be into this. I'm not big on the forums, but I do follow suggestion threads/have ideas on how to fix some of the game's issues, and have been playing for a good amount of time. Hell, I watch wf streams sometimes and it would be neat just to see a few veteran players do missions. The proposed time also works for me, though unfortunately not this week.

Thanks for the feedvback!

Basically a State of the Game or State of the League. I was also hoping someone would come up with something like this. Maybe even DE could get behind it and give some keys away to help it grow. The way I see it, I think you would need a good host and a few well known or veteran players. Also, the host would need to be a forum junky to have great material/discussion to bring to the viewers. I'm all for it!

What do you mean by keys? The game is free... If you mean plat, then I'm certainly not going to complain.

Open NAT, but South African.

I've got a strict NAT, but it comes with 40 up and 35 down. Ill be on that for another 2 weeks.

If you get it up and running and need any help let me know. I've thought about the idea before but its really hard to even start something like this up. I'll be up for it if help is need.

Don't know if you every caught some of my livestreams but I try and communicate much info while I'm playing and I also talk about lots of topics on the forums before.