Jump to content

Keyshare means SHARING


Recommended Posts

I was just hosting a group to get Mesa parts from Alad V on Eris. We agreed to a keyshare, it was advertised as such. I typed it in chat.

We started using my key, the guy got the part he still needed (neurooptics) and left, without having shared his key.

 

Just for the record this is not an acceptable behavior. I went along with several keyshare groups and even when I got everything I wanted I still shared my key.

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is recommended when you host, u share your key last, I also tell my teammates when is their turn and tell them to wait for reinvitation if they dc/ crash & normally i ask the lowest level to share their key first.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would stick to keyshares where all keys are used at once rather than running them staggered.  Whenever someone says they want to stagger them, I immediately become skeptical.  As others have said - don't trust anyone that you don't know personally.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

when i do keyshares i make sure anyone random in the squad uses their key first, if u have friends in party they go after random, and save yourself for last.

If they are not okay with that order, they probably trying to get away without using their key.

Edited by mrhapps
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in a similar situation with my Mesa but instead of bouncing I started the mission then alt+F4'd so they could still run it.  idk if that would work now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 58 minutos, trst dijo:

It's an issue as old as the key systems and there isn't anything to be done about it other than shrug it off and move on.

Which makes me wonder why haven't they removed Alad's key requirement just like the others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trst said:

It's an issue as old as the key systems and there isn't anything to be done about it other than shrug it off and move on.

I always assume the worst when I'm doing keyshare (if I have to). I've been burned a lot doing keyshare (especially during void key days) so stuff like this doesn't hurt as much. Block that asshat and move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Prexades said:

I was just hosting a group to get Mesa parts from Alad V on Eris. We agreed to a keyshare, it was advertised as such. I typed it in chat.

We started using my key, the guy got the part he still needed (neurooptics) and left, without having shared his key.

 

Just for the record this is not an acceptable behavior. I went along with several keyshare groups and even when I got everything I wanted I still shared my key.

It's not cool of him, ugly thing to do. Unfortunately, DE has no desire to change this behavior. 

They will not enforce trades for promises, and they count that as such. They do not want to implement proper keyshares either, as it makes for easily efficient farming and overall means less revenue in the long run for them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Prexades said:

and even when I got everything I wanted I still shared my key.

You don't make the rules. When people get what they wanted, they have no real reason to stay.

 

Take leveling on Hydron/Helene for example. You reached level 30 after 5 waves, the other guys still need to stay for another 5 waves to get to 30. Why would you stay any longer? You got what you wanted, any more would be a waste of time. Sure, the other guys would miss out on a bit of shared XP but that never stopped anyone.

 

Is it a D-Move? Maybe. Can you blame them? I don't think so. They have no obligation to stay just so your feelings don't get hurt. This is just how things work around here.

Edited by o0Despair0o
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

You don't make the rules. When people get what they wanted, they have no real reason to stay.

 

Take leveling on Hydron/Helene for example. You reached level 30 after 5 waves, the other guys still need to stay for another 5 waves to get to 30. Why would you stay any longer? You got what you wanted, any more would be a waste of time. Sure, the other guys would miss out on a bit of shared XP but that never stopped anyone.

 

Is it a D-Move? Maybe. Can you blame them? I don't think so. They have no obligation to stay just so your feelings don't get hurt. This is just how things work around here.

Hes saying he made a group with the agreed upon notion that they would be doing multiple runs....

This isn't a public match.....are you serious right now....

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

just ask DE to remove keys like they did with derelict, problem solved.

the nav things could be exclusive to quest item wich then permenantly unlock the boss.

Edited by BloodKitten
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

This isn't a public match.....are you serious right now....

He invited random people that claimed to agree. Random people he never met before.

Yes, I am serious. If you invite random people and expect them to play by the rules, you only have yourself to blame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Yes, I am serious. If you invite random people and expect them to play by the rules, you only have yourself to blame.

No. That is not how civilized society works.

A group of people agreed on a common goal and the means to achieve it, then one betrayed the others' trust.

It is very clear where the blame lies, and it is not with the betrayed ones.

inb4

Spoiler

 

😛

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Prexades said:

I was just hosting a group to get Mesa parts from Alad V on Eris. We agreed to a keyshare, it was advertised as such. I typed it in chat.

We started using my key, the guy got the part he still needed (neurooptics) and left, without having shared his key.

 

Just for the record this is not an acceptable behavior. I went along with several keyshare groups and even when I got everything I wanted I still shared my key.

Invite me. I have like 30 of those Mutalist Alad V keys already built (I like to keep my foundry busy!).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

He invited random people that claimed to agree. Random people he never met before.

Yes, I am serious. If you invite random people and expect them to play by the rules, you only have yourself to blame.

Congratulations, you may possibly be a sociopath. 

Please refrain from participating with the rest of the community, as you are not trustworthy.

Is that your in-game name? Just curious....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...