Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Balancing problems with the next update.

bibmobello

8 hours ago, bibmobello said:

I want just to point out that the next update will be a funny update... a funny mess update.

You will see people using just 3 frames:

Mesa with roar.

Saryn with roar.

Revenant with roar.

Do people only use those warframes now plus Rhino? Because that's what you're implying.

1 minute ago, bibmobello said:

I am not saying you have to use it but be seriously everyone will probably use it and while there are very good abilities to choose from, most of the are just trash.

Nop, not everyone. I for one will not just slap it on everything just because i have a hard on for it. Hell out of the whole list, everything else caught my attention except roar. 

How good it is for yer build will depend on your playstyle unless yer one of the ppl that thinks copying other ppls builds to be "effective" is how you should be playing to make a frame fun

38 minutes ago, Malziel said:

I fail to see what your point is here. Plenty of warframes have at least one ability that's functionally useless, most with more than one. The fact that most general warframe builds want everything that roar does, mainly strength and duration, means roar ends up synergizing better than most innate abilities.

The ironic fact here is that Rhino is not one of those Warframes. All his abilities can potentially synergize and they are useful in their own way. Rhino Charge is a quick cheap CC that can potentially set you up for thousands of armor, Iron Skin grants you a 1-2 second immunity plus the armor, and so on.

As a Rhino main, I wouldn't really change a thing about his kit. Maybe I could get Molt from Saryn, but again I'm guessing Saryn with Roar is better. Basically they took something that makes Rhino special and gave it to everyone, while Rhino himself doesn't look like he got much help. 

14 minutes ago, Fascistsonfire said:

The ironic fact here is that Rhino is not one of those Warframes. All his abilities can potentially synergize and they are useful in their own way. Rhino Charge is a quick cheap CC that can potentially set you up for thousands of armor, Iron Skin grants you a 1-2 second immunity plus the armor, and so on.

As a Rhino main, I wouldn't really change a thing about his kit. Maybe I could get Molt from Saryn, but again I'm guessing Saryn with Roar is better. Basically they took something that makes Rhino special and gave it to everyone, while Rhino himself doesn't look like he got much help. 

Could go the cc route. Lull or ensnare/larva. Less things hitting yer ironskin while you blast them away. Rest and rage for ramping up dmg. With roar boosting yer dmg and the extra finishing dmg or dng vulnerability for ridiculous numbers.

Firewalker with augment for a faster rhino cause god is he slow. 

Silence for finishers

Shuriken for armor strip

Pillage for even more armor and armor strip

Defy to boost iron skin 

Elemental ward for a faster attacks via toxin or armor/hp. Etc

Hes not my main but when i did play him, these woulda been stuff id have loved to use on him for index 

1 minute ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

Could go the cc route. Lull or ensnare/larva. Less things hitting yer ironskin while you blast them away. Rest and rage for ramping up dmg. With roar boosting yer dmg and the extra finishing dmg or dng vulnerability for ridiculous numbers.

Firewalker with augment for a faster rhino cause god is he slow. 

Silence for finishers

Shuriken for armor strip

Pillage for even more armor and armor strip

Defy to boost iron skin 

Elemental ward for a faster attacks via toxin or armor/hp. Etc

There are many options and I will probably test those. I'm just afraid I will end up keeping Rhino Charge anyway. 

Oh and yes, Rhino is painfully slow. Armored Agility helps a bit but the difference between him and Loki is night and day. 

Its important to remember that most of the things folk think of automatically with many of Rhino's moves aren't default, but require augments costing progression mod slots and points each. Is the move good on its own? Is the augment strong enough that it can justify the slots lost for your warframe's equivalent level strength?

2 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Its important to remember that most of the things folk think of automatically with many of Rhino's moves aren't default, but require augments costing progression mod slots and points each. Is the move good on its own? Is the augment strong enough that it can justify the slots lost for your warframe's equivalent level strength?

Well, if properly modded and with enough power strength, Rhino Charge with Ironclad Charge + Iron Skin can give you insane amounts of armor. A lot of the abilities you would get from other Warframes might need augments to fully flourish, so what I mean is...is it really worth the hassle for marginal improvement at best?

7 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Necros with petrify

I don’t get this combo to be truly honest. I understand the lure of a nekros with ore gaze, but more often then not nekros will dump strength to maximize range and duration. Ore gaze at base is only 25%, and this scales with strength, so it doesnt seem like a fair trade off when you could instead get a good cc ability to replace terrify....

1 hour ago, Malziel said:

Okay, quite a few things are just wrong or silly here. First of all, using an ability for its intended effect is... not abusing it. It's literally just using it. Second of all, Zenurik is a colossal boost to the quality of life of literally every person that has it, regardless of if someone else on their team does. Thirdly, I think you fail to see why vacuum not being tied to random and arbitrary companions or abilities is so important. Vacuum is another huge quality of life component of warframe, and keeping it not tied down to this or that was the whole reason people wanted univac or a simple toggle button on their warframes.

Intended or not the overuse of something can still be an abuse of the system as most of the pubs I've seen with people using Zenurik are. As well it doesn't matter who has it in a squad when it can benefit everyone and they don't stack with eachother.

And everything you're saying about vacuum is completely irrelevant to what I said. There are people obsessed over having vacuum all the time regardless of their reasons for finding it so important. And if Roar is going to be as common as people are expecting then it'll be largely a waste if people end up with multiple per squad. Where having a 25m vacuum at the cost on an unused ability is universal and doesn't stack nor affect other players. Also vacuum has a more minor cost to slot currently than frame mods. If pull gets popular for being used as some super vacuum I fully expect people to call it "mandatory" as has happened with plenty of other things.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

wouldnt know as i never needed buffer powers to do well myself. but everyone has a different play style 

You don't need any buff with the current game even on Steel path against level 9999 enemies, that's another point.

If I'm not mistaken, the last person to cast roar overrides the previous one cast. It's probably a ton of nubs will be casting roar with garbage builds with  200% or less strength.

If roar everywhere bothers you, just stick it on some low strength builds for a social experiment.

Buff powers are boring. Especially if you don't need it. 

Those of us that don't just chase the meta and larger numbers (just because) wont use roar on every frame.

I feel like I'm the only person that excited about Energy munitions. It has the potential to perfectly compliment low ammo efficiency weapons and weapons with long reloads. It also fits Mesas theme well. Can't wait to get rid of her ballistic battery.

44 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I feel like I'm the only person that excited about Energy munitions. It has the potential to perfectly compliment low ammo efficiency weapons and weapons with long reloads. It also fits Mesas theme well. Can't wait to get rid of her ballistic battery.

I see this more fitting on frames that buff fire rate so you can make the best use of it instead of Mesa, who already comes with an infinite ammo nuking machine.

7 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

its been stated officially that you cant simply slap a damage booster on an already damage boosting frames , they gave us 4 of them as examples (i dont remember which was which) , so no . it wont be 'that' bonkers 

" but muh rhino isnt relevant cause theyre giving his 1 damage buff away"

17 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

its been stated officially that you cant simply slap a damage booster on an already damage boosting frames , they gave us 4 of them as examples (i dont remember which was which) , so no . it wont be 'that' bonkers 

Yes i was reading that right now... It's just a joke,  there is no point to replace a damage buff ability with another but (probably)on Octavia(losing the bonus on mallets) or if you like to waste slots, time, resources and plat.... They are just trying to pull the wool over a blind man's eyes.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Honestly, why though? If you’re just going to put roar on everything you’re boring, basic, and unimaginative. Those frames don’t even need it.

Probably you are not able to read correctly but you are here just to troll around : I don't give a fk about roar, eclipse , vex armor  and bibidi bobidi bu...

2 hours ago, Infirito said:

I'll still be running my Nyx, mb replace her 1 with something useful. Khora with Roar instead of her 2 seems nice, though. 😛

I'm gonna experiment with putting Terrify on her. Double down on the CC and make a true Nyx. Goddess of night, feared even by Zeus.

Archived