Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is Granum Void this bad, this long after launch?

ENGINEEEEER

Hopped back in recently and decided to try my hand farming Protea, which is killing all enjoyment.

• About half of missions the Hand portal doesn't work at all. 
  • Next, the spawns of enemies in the void is wildly inconsistent. 
  • Next, those enemies randomly drop time extending drops, which are barely visible. 
  • Finally the drop chances are as low as 11% which leads to frustration. 

Could DE fix their current content before they push out another update and warframe?

4 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

About half of missions the Hand portal doesn't work at all. 

I have literally never seen this happen, and I farmed protea twice, as well as the weapons several times. are you sure it wasnt something like someone already used it?

Just now, Miser_able said:

I have literally never seen this happen, and I farmed protea twice, as well as the weapons several times. are you sure it wasnt something like someone already used it?

I've seen it happen just today while famring Protea for a second time for the Helminth update - first time was right after the Deadlock Protocol landed. I did around 10 runs before having to log and it looks like we couldn't interact with golden hands when a certain spawn tile was selected by the game algorithm. Or at least that's what we conjectured.

8 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Premade group and I was usually first to the hand. Maybe it's a recent development. 

24 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Premade group and I was usually first to the hand. Maybe it's a recent development. 

my second time farming protea was about a week ago, so still fairly recent. I guess it could have popped up in the derelict shift update?
do you know what position the hand was in? it changes when it has already veen activated and cant be used again.

Can't say I've had issues since I got all my drops from it. Last I did Granum Void was about a week or two after the update so any issue since they is likely client-based or part of a recent update.

Be thankful the drop rates are not lower. 11% is fairly generous in Warframe.

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

my second time farming protea was about a week ago, so still fairly recent. I guess it could have popped up in the derelict shift update?
do you know what position the hand was in? it changes when it has already veen activated and cant be used again.

I'm 1000% sure. I'm talking missions up for 30 seconds that the entire team started together. Palm still facing towards the panel as if to make a portal.

It's something since Derelict Shift. There's a few bug report threads on it. I just picked a bad time to start this farm I guess. 

The Derelict Shift slightly broke the Golden Hand. I was lucky to finish farming Protea's parts just before it launched, but I have indeed experienced them not working every now and then.

I also agree with the points in the OP. It was an absolute chore getting her parts, but I'm glad I enjoy playing Revenant, because his 4 absolutely trivializes Granum Void. It's even faster than taking Mesa.

On 2020-08-16 at 9:38 PM, ENGINEEEEER said:

• Next, the spawns of enemies in the void is wildly inconsistent. 

Definitely noticed this right here. The spawns work for you and Squad Mates just fine until all of a sudden in another run, you would be wondering “where’s the enemies at?” And you don’t get enough kills to reached Rotation C for a Protea Part. Very annoying.

My group and I are experiencing all the same frustrations. Golden hands don't work, enemy spawns in the Granum Void are sparse and don't drop extra time enough, and in at least 30 runs we have gotten a single part for Protea. We are strong arming it hard but it is no longer fun.

• 2 weeks later...

all of these issues are still present as of heart of deimos. i was gonna ease myself back into the game with the fairly easy goal of getting stahta, but i really don't enjoy "will it drop" RNG and "will it bug" RNG stacking on top of each other

On 2020-08-16 at 9:44 PM, Miser_able said:

solo player here having said issue

4 hours ago, continue said:

solo player here having said issue

I have this problem as well. It seems like the hand is broken for approximately a third of the missions that I run. I play on "friends only" by default, nobody has ever dropped into one of the hand runs that I've attempted.

In fact, if it weren't for the Revenant tip posted above, I wouldn't even bother in the first place. My first attempts with my usual Loki were so disheartening (not even reaching half the kill counter) that, combined with the utter bullS#&$ damage resistance of the coin carriers (a 10-3 multiplier), I just gave up entirely.

WRT the hand being broken, i saw speculation in another thread that the console doesn't work if you get this spawn tile (as opposed to the one with a statue of granum):

Spoiler

9LcZPDP.jpg

5 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

the utter bullS#&$ damage resistance of the coin carriers (a 10-3 multiplier), I just gave up entirely.

i believe the DR is on shields only, so you could use nyx to strip the shields instantly with +25% power strength since it's percentage based (and then redeem the coin during a different mission with a different warframe). toxin DOESN'T work even though this is literally its only job.

but yeah i had been using octavia to more or less auto-clear granum void so it's very noticeable when spawns are bugged 

On 2020-08-16 at 9:44 PM, Miser_able said:

It's been consistently happening to me since Sunday.  I am unable to run the Sabotage Jupiter mission back to back, log in, complete the void mission and sabotage, when I go back in the console will not reset and is permanently off.  Last night it was off on my initial attempt, jumped into the phobos mission and that one was working.  May coincide with me completing the Deimos quest line this past weekend.  Solo playing as well.

On 2020-08-16 at 10:19 PM, Miser_able said:

I can confirm that the hand was in the palm open to you position with the console off, I'll grab a pic of it tonight if it happens.

• 2 weeks later...

This bug occurs, I believe 100% of the time when you spawn/start in the room with the big standing coin/circle rotating in the middle of a big room. Some missions seem to force you to spawn in such room, I can't tell which.

Apparently it has been over 1 month now the since this bug is here and this makes farming Protea all the more frustrating with it's absurdly low drop chances.

Archived