Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ballistica Opinion

.xTB_Kenshin

I won't talk much about it's effectiveness, I care the most about how easy or not easy it is to level a weapon.

I always jump to mercury or venus to try out new gear. Since we have a survival mission on mercury it's the place where I get the first ranks. In cases like galatine it was pretty easy to get it up fast. The polarity allowed it to apply a charge speed on it, the charge damage made it even possible to fight some higher enemies.

Ballistica is different for me. I prepared my frost prime to do a little solo survival on mercury to see what ballistica can handle. Maxed shields, armor, health etc., don't have to care about surviving. I didn't enjoy any second of it. The time between each "burst" is too high, the charge has an annoying "break" between each charge (bows etc. don't have this). I wouldn't mind these points if the reload or charge speed was higher.

Without mods this weapon can't handle anything. That's my opinion. It's now rank 22, no potato and no matter what kind of mods I use I'll have to stay at mercury. This will be definately even harder to rank up for casual players with semi-maxed mods.

Of course I could spend money to apply a potato or get an affinity boost, but I don't think the need of this should be as high as it is with this weapon. Asked some clan members to help me on kiste, some molecular prime and stomp-spam for the exp leeching, I was disappointed. Two runs and two levels. Usually get at least 15 ranks from two kill-spamming kiste runs (20 to 25 in one run, 25 to 28 in another is pretty much the usual standard).

As for now I'm very happy to be able to sell this weapon soon. I only care about the mastery. This is only my opinion. My feedback. I don't care about other opinions.

So if you dont care about others opinons why do you even wrote this post ?

Do I have to repeat myself? This was posted in the feedback section, I said it was my feedback. I did not post this in general discussion (or kindergarden playground as it seems to be one sometimes).

My ballistica was just another build/lvl/ sell weapon (mastery ranking weapon).

In comparison to other secundary weaps in the game this is just anotehr entry level weap. Did a few runs with her in Cyath and Kappa but i barely used it during the process since it's not very practical for me to use. I must admit that when one fully levels it, potatoe's it and slaps a couple of formas on it can stand as pretty ok weap.

P.s. I sold it like a minutes ago not even worth the whole tatoe forma trouble doesn't fit my playstyle anyways. 

Do I have to repeat myself? This was posted in the feedback section, I said it was my feedback. I did not post this in general discussion (or kindergarden playground as it seems to be one sometimes).

I also shared my pov with you cause i agree with u but this was a pretty innapropriate remark dough.

Threads are started for discussion, not a one-off comment.

I like the weapon because it is different from any other sidearm.

Threads are started for discussion, not a one-off comment.

I like the weapon because it is different from any other sidearm.

But he said he only posted this in regards to "Feedback" which is what this section is for. You guys can argue as much as you want but he's not going to care. This is his feedback on using the weapon and he's posting this to DE so they can read it. Is it hard to understand that?

Btw I'm building the weapon and I read on the storepage that it had 10 damage but on the Wiki it was 25. Which is more correct? 

But he said he only posted this in regards to "Feedback" which is what this section is for. You guys can argue as much as you want but he's not going to care. This is his feedback on using the weapon and he's posting this to DE so they can read it. Is it hard to understand that?

Btw I'm building the weapon and I read on the storepage that it had 10 damage but on the Wiki it was 25. Which is more correct?

I won't talk much about it's effectiveness, I care the most about how easy or not easy it is to level a weapon.

I always jump to mercury or venus to try out new gear. Since we have a survival mission on mercury it's the place where I get the first ranks. In cases like galatine it was pretty easy to get it up fast. The polarity allowed it to apply a charge speed on it, the charge damage made it even possible to fight some higher enemies.

Ballistica is different for me. I prepared my frost prime to do a little solo survival on mercury to see what ballistica can handle. Maxed shields, armor, health etc., don't have to care about surviving. I didn't enjoy any second of it. The time between each "burst" is too high, the charge has an annoying "break" between each charge (bows etc. don't have this). I wouldn't mind these points if the reload or charge speed was higher.

Without mods this weapon can't handle anything. That's my opinion. It's now rank 22, no potato and no matter what kind of mods I use I'll have to stay at mercury. This will be definately even harder to rank up for casual players with semi-maxed mods.

Of course I could spend money to apply a potato or get an affinity boost, but I don't think the need of this should be as high as it is with this weapon. Asked some clan members to help me on kiste, some molecular prime and stomp-spam for the exp leeching, I was disappointed. Two runs and two levels. Usually get at least 15 ranks from two kill-spamming kiste runs (20 to 25 in one run, 25 to 28 in another is pretty much the usual standard).

As for now I'm very happy to be able to sell this weapon soon. I only care about the mastery. This is only my opinion. My feedback. I don't care about other opinions.

Am I the only one thinking that this guy is DEFIANTLY stupid?

25 is corect

I agree with you, The Ballistica isn't a really good weapon, I thought it'd be worth using, but it's really.. Bad.

Agreed, even at rank 30, it still performs badly when compared to other top tier secondaries. it's slow, not handy at all, and not enough powerful to counter these drawbacks. Disappointed....

Agreed, even at rank 30, it still performs badly when compared to other top tier secondaries. it's slow, not handy at all, and not enough powerful to counter these drawbacks. Disappointed....

So every new weapon needs to be a powercreep

reminds me of the hind when it came out 

Sound to me like you tested the weapon without Lethal torrent / Gunslinger, or you wouln't be complaining about the charge time. So your feedback is worthless.

The 25. 

OP is also quite right about how clunky the Ballistica feels with its slow speed between bursts and charge shots.

100 armour ignoring damage per shot if you charge it. That's the main feature of this weapon, the burst is a neat addition to make it feel different and also happens to be pretty much on par with the Aklato. So, it has either a 4 round burst equivelant to 4 shots from an Aklato or the best ammo economy of any pistol. This weapon also scales perfectly fine, it does more damage per shot than a Paris, thanks to better mod options and my Paris can handle level 90 enemies just fine.

If you don't like the bow weapons you won't like the Ballistica, that's that. This weapon isn't, wasn't meant to be and shouldn't be the new Acrid and that's just fine.