Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minor Macro question

Xardis

Question

Some time ago I made a post along those lines: DE should add the option for holding melee attack button to translate it into using melee in terms of full auto. The reason for it being that all attacks exept heavy attack require just spamming melee attack alone or with forward movement, with aiming or with both. Someone replied that in the absence of DE adding that I should just make a Macro for that. Eventuatly, today, I did exactly that, a very simple Macro script that spams "e" when I hold "e".

Now, my question is this, is this safe for me to use? I know DE is to some degree against game playing itself, but I just dont want to destroy my finger by spamming when I want to got full melee.

3 answers to this question

Personally I'd say that this would be fine, since you are still holding the button to do the attack.

Brozime has a macro for semi auto weapons set up to rapid click for him.

It would be different if it was a macro to constantly melee without you touching the buttons.

I have seen multiple people on Youtube and in the game that use such an autorepeater and didn't get in trouble yet. DE's stance on that has been repeatedly stated as being that you can't have things that automate playing the game but replacing the press of a button with another press of a button is fine

Archived