Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who is ready for War cry radial javelin Excalibur?

Midas

1 minute ago, Tsoe said:

if only radial javelin had some uses without augment

Does melee even need the augment to hit hard in the first place?

I always see people playing up Furious, but honestly Melee already hits like a bus, does it really need even more on top of that?

8 minutes ago, Midas said:

This combination is going to be a mess!

Radial Javelin's augment's math works like roar now, making it all the more terrfying. In combination with chromatic blade and war cry, you'll truly be the master of blades.

pfft, plz you think that is worst try Syran with warcry for it probably work faster killing everything.  Then again we got Ivar with her exalted bow for she just need replace that homing arrow for the fact and that is about it basically just bring out the bow and just shotgun your way there, then again try warcry with Mesa for everything is done by done.  Bringing back more, it could work every single frame anyway like frost's replacement of his 1 with warcry bring back that old meta.

1 hour ago, Midas said:

This combination is going to be a mess!

Radial Javelin's augment's math works like roar now, making it all the more terrfying. In combination with chromatic blade and war cry, you'll truly be the master of blades.

I dunno man. But I’m gonna put roar in place of Mesa’s 2 just to see if it makes her 1 worth using. 

Just now, Aldain said:

Wanna join me in the Null Star club?

Because that's what I'm doing.

Actually I was thinking Roar or Defy. I remember posting a replacement idea for Javelin that was basically Defy. Now I’m realizing DE has no intention of giving Excal a tank ability because of how new player progression works and if Excal can tank then Rhino becomes irrelevant to a new player.

2 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Yeah that ability seriously needs a buff otherwise I think it would be a good ability if it did more damage like the rest of Excalibur’s kit.

just scalling with mele mods would be perfect

or with 300% statut chance

Radial Javelin has to be on par with damage as the old World on Fire. Is only good for taking care of low level enemies. I have tried it, yes, i placed EVERY SINGLE POWER STRENGTH MOD I could on Excalibur, plus Growing Power, Pax Bolt for the extra power, and even at over 300% Power Strength, Radial Javelin cannot take down lvl 50 enemies.

Radial Javelin either needs a massive boost of damage, a form of scaling, or a complete rework from the ground. I can see this ability being replaced by a subsumed ability or a helminth ability because of how underwhelming and weak it is.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Wanna join me in the Null Star club?

Because that's what I'm doing.

... uuh if you want defensive ability nothing comes close to resonator.

You cast resonator -> nothing attacks you.

It basically turns off AI

Also you need really high strength for null star to be worth a damn

Im still thinking about which ablitity i choose for replacing the Radial Javelin, either Chroma's Elemental Ward or Mirage's Eclipse sounds promosing for my play style, but Nova's Null star also doesn't sound half bad.

Il y a 9 heures, Hokibukisa a dit :

Also you need really high strength for null star to be worth a damn

I made the mistake too. It scales with duration for orb count(5% reduction per orb) and the latch range is from ability range. So if you want consistant damage reduction you need to play a ranged build, have low power range and high power duration(basically you need narrow minded maxed at the bare minimum). Strengh doesn't work. On paper it is still strong because it leads to 90% damage reduction if minmaxed.

OT, I don't know what I'd use on excal, I think the frame is too far behind it does too poorly at everything. The issue with exalted blade is that it is already strong enough at what it does but honestly not that good enough anyway. You will never get a better buff skill than radial javelin augment for damage, you can get something that stacks with it but nothing that would do better, especially in steel path where density is high. In the other hand if you remove exalted blade from your gameplay loop, there is absolutely no reason playing excalibur, it's kind of do that or play something different atm.

The issue with melee is that CO is so good that mashing exalted blade is not something that would justify a frame atm, exalted blade spells like khora's 1 and gara's 1 are generally more powerfull at clearing stuff due to kit synergies, Excal just toss waves in front of it, wich is not particulary relevant in 2020 ^^. (disclaimer: still perfectly fine for newer players, it will shred content for you)

I really miss super jump, it was so fun :).

Archived