Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who is ready for War cry radial javelin Excalibur?

Midas

14 hours ago, Aldain said:

Does melee even need the augment to hit hard in the first place?

I always see people playing up Furious, but honestly Melee already hits like a bus, does it really need even more on top of that?

Oh no, melee doesn't need the augment. It's just a fun augment for either regular Exalted Blade or playing a favorite melee with more focus on using Excalibur's 1 and 2 over his 4. Completely unnecessary, completely fun. Combining the two together is just meme territory, and I'm all for it.

Personally it's going to look like this for me, probably. Chromatic Blade + Defy Build, Radial Javelin build unchanged, Eternal War Build or something.

3 hours ago, Galuf said:

I made the mistake too. It scales with duration for orb count(5% reduction per orb) and the latch range is from ability range. So if you want consistant damage reduction you need to play a ranged build, have low power range and high power duration(basically you need narrow minded maxed at the bare minimum). Strengh doesn't work. On paper it is still strong because it leads to 90% damage reduction if minmaxed.

OT, I don't know what I'd use on excal, I think the frame is too far behind it does too poorly at everything. The issue with exalted blade is that it is already strong enough at what it does but honestly not that good enough anyway. You will never get a better buff skill than radial javelin augment for damage, you can get something that stacks with it but nothing that would do better, especially in steel path where density is high. In the other hand if you remove exalted blade from your gameplay loop, there is absolutely no reason playing excalibur, it's kind of do that or play something different atm.

The issue with melee is that CO is so good that mashing exalted blade is not something that would justify a frame atm, exalted blade spells like khora's 1 and gara's 1 are generally more powerfull at clearing stuff due to kit synergies, Excal just toss waves in front of it, wich is not particulary relevant in 2020 ^^. (disclaimer: still perfectly fine for newer players, it will shred content for you)

I really miss super jump, it was so fun :).

I agree for most of your points but... pls don't bring back super jump.

Just now, vegetosayajin said:

he is not to squishy

He can get one-shotted by a rank 5 lich even with ~1800 armor and adaptation. Compared to any frame with DR he is squishy. Even mesa is tankier than excal, while being a (superior) ranged DPS who doesn't really need to be tanky in the first place, compared to a melee frame who has to be tanky simply because the nature of being melee implies he'll take more damage by default.

8 minutes ago, Ender140 said:

Yea but heavy attacks don't have waves

Instant heavy slam heals you to full, what else do you want from a single healing mod?

2 minutes ago, GREF_TM said:

He can get one-shotted by a rank 5 lich even with ~1800 armor and adaptation.

No.He can get 2 shotted if you stay still afk, but not if you are active.
I also fought it and with way less armour(but with adaptation).Yes, I died once because I was not alert but apart from that his 2 saved me from the mobs that were a bigger thread than the lich.

Just now, vegetosayajin said:

Yes he can. Unless you roll like a madman to get 75% DR from it, which obviously prevents you from doing damage, some lich weapons and abilities do enough damage to work through his 1070 HP and 1876 armor in one shot. 

31 minutes ago, GREF_TM said:

He can get one-shotted by a rank 5 lich even with ~1800 armor and adaptation. Compared to any frame with DR he is squishy. Even mesa is tankier than excal, while being a (superior) ranged DPS who doesn't really need to be tanky in the first place, compared to a melee frame who has to be tanky simply because the nature of being melee implies he'll take more damage by default.

Instant heavy slam heals you to full, what else do you want from a single healing mod?

try arcane ultamatum+ quick thinking instead of adaptation. he is way tankier due to his high energy pool. i regularly survive 2 shots from rank 5 grabs like that 

32 minutes ago, GREF_TM said:

Correct. But I said the waves are fun. Not; the only viable move. Yes heavy slams heal you with life strike. But when you reach higher levels your gameplay would be jumping over and over for slam attacks. He isn't very tanky. His actually pretty squishy compared to other melee warframes.

28 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

I also fought it and with way less armour(but with adaptation).Yes, I died once because I was not alert but apart from that his 2 saved me from the mobs that were a bigger thread than the lich.

you mean shield gating? Yes you are correct you get 2 shotted. Just like other squishy warframes.

4 hours ago, Galuf said:

In the other hand if you remove exalted blade from your gameplay loop, there is absolutely no reason playing excalibur, it's kind of do that or play something different atm.

At the same time, there is pretty much no reason to play exalted blade build when you can just use baruuk, unless you're doing an extremely short ~2-3 mission. Desert wind S#&$s on exalted blade big time, the gap in power level between these two exalted melees is insanely enormous. Baruuk has better survivability too. The only downside is his gameplay loop of stacking restraint, but managing restraint meter i's more of an annoyance than it is an actual problem.

His best ability overall was his blind IMO, and now you can throw it on any frame that can fit it and use it in conjunction with a good melee, most of which can compete with EB, but at the same time don't take an ability slot and cost no energy. Giving away blind was like giving away warcry.

As it stands now already, a well modded melee weapon is overkill for any content available in the game, I suppose SP being used as a reference now. Other than that, the only things augment may be used for are endurance runs and killing sentients without stripping their defenses.

I suppose if you don't have fully upgraded mods for a maximized build, or wanna use weaker melee weapons, this provides a nice option to increase their power, especially while leveling.

30 minutes ago, GREF_TM said:

At the same time, there is pretty much no reason to play exalted blade build when you can just use baruuk, unless you're doing an extremely short ~2-3 mission. Desert wind S#&$s on exalted blade big time, the gap in power level between these two exalted melees is insanely enormous. Baruuk has better survivability too. The only downside is his gameplay loop of stacking restraint, but managing restraint meter i's more of an annoyance than it is an actual problem.

His best ability overall was his blind IMO, and now you can throw it on any frame that can fit it and use it in conjunction with a good melee, most of which can compete with EB, but at the same time don't take an ability slot and cost no energy. Giving away blind was like giving away warcry.

Yea. But I'm still going to use both of them anyways. I like Valkyr's armor and I like Umbra's... scarf. And Exalted Blade looks cool. Not very powerful; pretty underpowered actually if you ask me. But I like how he looks. And Valkyr to me is what Excalibur's stats should've been. So having Excalibur with Warcry and Valkyr with radial blind is a pretty fair deal to me. Excalibur can cover his lack of survivability in a way, while Valkyr can get some diversity in the form of an actual useful cc.

Now they can both scream at DE for not reworking them and them needing to trade skills with each other just to be note worthy. Pretty cute actually. They kinda complete each other in some way. They still both need a rework tho.

19 hours ago, Yakhul said:

Radial Javelin has to be on par with damage as the old World on Fire. Is only good for taking care of low level enemies. I have tried it, yes, i placed EVERY SINGLE POWER STRENGTH MOD I could on Excalibur, plus Growing Power, Pax Bolt for the extra power, and even at over 300% Power Strength, Radial Javelin cannot take down lvl 50 enemies.

Radial Javelin either needs a massive boost of damage, a form of scaling, or a complete rework from the ground. I can see this ability being replaced by a subsumed ability or a helminth ability because of how underwhelming and weak it is.

utilize with exalted blade CO augment works like a charm.

Archived