Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you sculpt symmetrically on parts that are outside the symmetry point.

Goosmo

Hi, i'm currently using zbrush to make a harrow skin. He has some parts that are symmetrical, but are outside the symmetry point. I need help with the elbow parts on harrow. For example on harrow veles. The elbow part is somehow symmetrical. The uv's aren't mirrored either, so i can't bake the normals symmetrically. 

74121bd491b5835483f73ef3d66a9510.png

3 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

I just dragged the part into the X axis center, mirrored and remeshed it, sculpted on it and dragged it back in it's place, sculpting later with local symmetry on. 

2 hours ago, MistakeNotMyCurrentState said:

What Vulbjorn said you need to duplicate  center it by hand sculpt then return it to the correct location it sucks a little but this is your best bet.

I see, do you know if there is a way to rotate it, so it's exactly 90 degrees on the axis? Or do you just rotate it close enough.

Edit: found out you can do it with the transpose tool. Anyways, thx for the help!

il y a une heure, Goosmo a dit :

I see, do you know if there is a way to rotate it, so it's exactly 90 degrees on the axis? Or do you just rotate it close enough.

Edit: found out you can do it with the transpose tool. Anyways, thx for the help!

You just do it approximately, anyways it won't be noticeable in the final baked texture.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived