Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Struggling to do the kuva lich maps

peteed1985

Question

So I can't solo defence missions unless I use khora but then if kuva lich spawns khora gets owned by the lich and dies 4 times to it and I fail. Nothing I can do but fail if he spawns. Spy or Capture are fairly easy as ivara but if lich spawns I can't beat him as her either because of the lack of damage. So I just have to leave him.  As Wukong I can do sabotage and exterminate and the like and he can handle the lich but right now none of those are there only defence and excavations and interception and hijack and the like that I can't handle.

First time doing lich and trying to get it done for kuva bramma lol got a 59% toxic dmg one atm as my first ever thing.

12 answers to this question

Do other content and leave the lich for when you are capable of defeating it.

Statistically speaking, you should avoid defenses and mobile defenses due to the elevated risk of mission failure, there is a chance that players (you or others) spawn a lich with radiation effects and since most players can't have a safe gameplay when affected by radiation, you risk a mission fail due to someone destroying the terminal/pod, such missions should be the very last ones you should do and only when you have no other option should you do them.

6 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Do other content and leave the lich for when you are capable of defeating it.

Statistically speaking, you should avoid defenses and mobile defenses due to the elevated risk of mission failure, there is a chance that players (you or others) spawn a lich with radiation effects and since most players can't have a safe gameplay when affected by radiation, you risk a mission fail due to someone destroying the terminal/pod, such missions should be the very last ones you should do and only when you have no other option should you do them.

Been playing on and off for like 10 years or w/e (idk how long it's been but it feels like that long ago lol) but I still have no way of knowing what i'm capable of lol. Started this and it's harder than I expected. I'm finding most missions in game any frame that can survive has crap damage and any frame with good damage just goes splat too fast to get time to do damage. It really sucks and I have no idea how to fix it.

11 minutes ago, peteed1985 said:

It really sucks and I have no idea how to fix it.

Stop trying to solo missions you cannot. Valkyr works well enough for Lich missions. But you’d need a friend to help on defence. I’d also suggest leaving any defence type missions until last. They take too long, especially when solo.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

Stop trying to solo missions you cannot. Valkyr works well enough for Lich missions. But you’d need a friend to help on defence. I’d also suggest leaving any defence type missions until last. They take too long, especially when solo.

This.

People post this all the time - trouble soloing liches.  Sure, I can solo liches, but not something I choose to do. 2 players make it easy, 3 or 4 are not needed. Doing it solo is a pain up the (whatever).

EDIT: 3 or 4 is best while you're collecting murmurs.

It's probably worth a shot to ask in recruiting chat for someone to help kill your lich. It's free murmurs for them, especially since you will be stabbing your lich every time it appears.

edit: Actually, do you have your murmurs maxed out? You really should, especially now that you've levelled up your lich to the point where you have trouble taking it down. If you don't, then hop into a murmurs group until you do and then ask them if they can do your missions.

You are using Khora, the Lich shouldn't be killing Khora, I've done quite a few Lich at level 5 with her.

What I do when the Lich turns up I use Ensnare on it and shoot it in the head only, they hate crits, I use my Knell pistol, Lich dies fast you get on with the mission.

Like mentioned above leave those types of mission until last.

Edit:
If you need help hit me up, in-game name same as forums.

If you run solo, and I usually do 99% of the time, you can use any number of frames to just nope the lich right out of the defence target area, or just distract the hell out of it. Loki switch teleport/decoy, Saryn molt, Revenant enthrall, Octavia mallet/resonator, etc. Plenty of ways to keep it occupied with anything other than what you're defending.

1. I think you mod/play style of your khora is wrong.

2. For defense cheese you can use octavia max range. Stay invisible and go afk or something. 

3. If u think u or your defense objective can not take the damage enemy make, then put osprey specter and ancient specter. 

Goodluck. 

Possible defense nodes solutions:

1. Mesa with max efficiency and highest fire rate on her regulators (use Arcane velocity and energize if you have, but don't need). Try to get Exodia brave from Hok in cetus (gives you energy on heavy attack kills from zaws).

2. Wisp, build for strength and range with strength as priority. 

3. Trinity 

I use Mesa with corrosive regulators (with all possible fire rate mods and R5 Arcane Velocity) to cheese the lich. Or when I am bored with mesa, I use Revenent's Reave to deplete shield of lich. Also using khora for defense is a good option, I rarely use it but Khora hits like a truck.

However, if you need any help for lich farming ping me in game. It is the same username.

you lack mods as far as I can tell 
all the frames that you described are completely capable of soloing the content with little to no effort
also khora's 2 can hold down the lich and you can finish him with no danger to yourself 
gather more mods, look at builds online and then try again, liches are really easy 

Archived