In game player market

RazerXPrime

Oh yea the interaction is great:

I'd like to buy x

Ok Inv

Trade

Ty

Some people don't even say anything.

Also, kind of ironic. You're responding with implying interaction is important, but you're saying I should not interact but search instead. Thanks for that one.

11 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Something like this has probably been brought up

demi moore GIF

5 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

You're responding with implying interaction is important, but you're saying I should not interact but search instead.

Rule of thumb, always search for a topic first before you start a new one.

You don't have to explain how a forum works. And no you don't have to search to see if a topic exists in order to start one. In fact starting one that has been created before is perfectly fine. You can by all means disagree with me, but if everyone shared your opinion you'd have little conversation left in the world, since most things have been discussed before. It'd be a very very dull place.

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

You don't have to explain how a forum works. And no you don't have to search to see if a topic exists in order to start one. In fact starting one that has been created before is perfectly fine. 

You would be correct if you added something new to the discussion.
But you just asked why we are stuck with the current trading system. And for that you could have used the search function. Aside from that DE has already said that they wont implement an auction house. So why would they implement it now after your post? óÒ

At any rate, the answer has been given - DE does not want a system where you can progress by setting something up, then walk away and do nothing .  For much of it's existence, that kind of thing was the big bane of Warframe's existence.  Steve described it as the game being played by Homer Simpson's drinking bird. 

The current system, whatever else it might be, does require player engagement. 

Let me help you explain where you went wrong. I posted a topic which was posted before and has been answered. Cool.

What you could have done (drum roll) is say "Hey RazerXPrime, it's a question that has been raised quite often in the past, but DE has been very adamant about not implementing something like this as they want to have player interaction at the core of the trading system."

But you choose to be short and rude telling me what I should do. Yea kind of off-putting and now we have a whole topic full of this nonsense because you couldn't simply answer my question. Costs way less energy being nice. You should try it some time.

Just now, RazerXPrime said:

Yea kind of off-putting and now we have a whole topic full of this nonsense because you couldn't simply answer my question.

But I did answer your question.
Your question: Why don't we have this other system that removes all the interaction between people.
Answer: Because DE wants the interaction between people.
Additionally I gave the advice to use the search function because you already admitted that this topic came up on multiple occasions.

You then went on to being rude. Why would I then be nice to you if you aren't nice either.
My first answer wasn't rude in the slightest. It was simple, it was direct.

4 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Costs way less energy being nice. You should try it some time.

Actually that's wrong. Being nice requires the usage of more words, which means it costs more energy. My initial answer was way more energy efficient than being nice. Just look at that endlessly long example you just gave.
And these additional posts are just for fun and for the post count and because I'm bored right now.

Btw. now you are telling me what to do. Ironic isn't it?

The fact of the matter is that there's no good reason not to implement a proper trading system in the game. The 'arguments' against it have been discussed and debunked countless times.

The fact of the matter is that the idea and anyone talking about it is going to be relentlessly attacked by legions of hardcore fans ("fan" being a short for "fanatic", not a good thing).

Just now, SordidDreams said:

The fact of the matter is that there's no good reason not to implement a proper trading system in the game.

The fact of the matter is that the idea and anyone talking about it is going to be relentlessly attacked by legions of hardcore fans ("fan" being a short for "fanatic", not a good thing).

Yea I kind of got the idea that DE wanted a social aspect in the trading system, but there are way to work with that and still have a market. Having a market would increase trading a lot. And you can always go with the option to have it be more profitable to trade 1-1 or to reduce trading tax for 1-1 trading. Well whatever, there are multiple options. In the end I don't feel it's a good way to spend my time to post 2 plat stuff on warframe.market and having to jump into a dojo with an 800ms ping person that can't speak English and take forever to get this stuff done. Of course this is not always the case, sometimes it's nice and fast, but other times it's just an arduous experience and it stops me from using it.

Although it could be a tactic from DE and indirectly force people to buy more plat. Well thinking about it now that is probably exactly the reason they haven't implemented the market. Interactions my a$$. It's about the money they would lose if they make it more convenient.

20 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I kind of got the idea that DE wanted a social aspect in the trading system,

That's one of the debunked counter-arguments that always get brought up that I was referring to. I don't buy it for a second, unless DE considers "WTB X" and "inv pls" to be social interaction. Hell, you did that debunking yourself already.

I don't feel it's a good way to spend my time to post 2 plat stuff on warframe.market and having to jump into a dojo with an 800ms ping person that can't speak English and take forever to get this stuff done. Of course this is not always the case, sometimes it's nice and fast, but other times it's just an arduous experience and it stops me from using it.

That's the real reason. DE likes it that way. One of the other debunked counter-arguments is that a proper trading system would make trading too easy, too many people would try to sell, and prices of everything would bottom out. Trading being a giant PITA prevents that from happening, for precisely the reasons you just described. And yes, if you implemented a trading system in a completely thoughtless way, that would happen. Anyone with more than two brain cells would design such a system to prevent it from happening by imposing restrictions. Hell, those already exist in the form of the daily trading limit. If trading were made easier, that limit would have to become stricter to compensate and maintain supply and demand in balance.

Point is, inconvenience is not a valid mechanism for balancing an online game's economy.

it could be a tactic from DE and indirectly force people to buy more plat

That's also part of it, IMO. WF is quite pay-to-win, almost anything you want you can buy for real money by buying plat and then trading it to other players for the items you want. Thing is, it's not obvious. It took me quite a while to realize how many of the supposedly gameplay-earned items you can actually buy with money. I'm not sure if making trading easier would be beneficial to DE (more people buying plat to trade) or harmful (game making its pay-to-win nature more obvious and driving players away). And I don't think DE know either, and that's why they don't want to change it. The current trading system is basically an old, hastily thrown together placeholder; AFAIK it's the only old system that's never been reworked. But it works, in the sense that the game is popular and making a profit, and they're afraid to touch it for fear of screwing it up.

This will never happen.

PoE and WF have both learned the lesson of WoW, if you have an auction house, your currency is worthless because bots take over.

This is why they want you to interact.

This will never change.  Do not waste your time, it will never happen.

23 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Although it could be a tactic from DE and indirectly force people to buy more plat. Well thinking about it now that is probably exactly the reason they haven't implemented the market. Interactions my a$$. It's about the money they would lose if they make it more convenient.

I'm inclined to believe making it more convenient would actually force people to buy more plat, not the other way around.  Trade by itself just moves plat around, doesn't remove it from the game, so it doesn't affect the plat supply at all.  Convenient trading would make supply of pretty much everything tradable go up though.  That would drive plat prices for everything down.  But the things from the market would be unaffected.

So, the end situation is that players who don't spend actual money on plat end up with a much harder time getting enough plat through trade to cover slots and other market purchases.  And people who are willing to spend actual money get more value from the plat they buy since prices on everything tank.

If this is their evil plan to make more money, it's Dr.Evil level "Why make billions when we can make millions?" poor planning.

Well I would definitely make more plat than I do now because now I refuse to use it. In fact I raised my prices so I don't get bugged every 10 seconds I'm in a mission. When I first started I posted stuff on the market and got pounded with requests. I was like ok I'm selling this for way too cheap. But getting a sales request, responding, rushing to the end of the mission to help the guy/girl out only to find they already bought it from another player is kind of annoying.

I think it will balance out and not make them more or less money if they do invest in a better trading system. As more people would sell, more people would make plat through this system than they would through the external market. Not only the offerings go up, but also the type of offerings. Sure prices go down, but you would sell more items as well.

4 minutes ago, Phatose said:

So, the end situation is that players who don't spend actual money on plat end up with a much harder time getting enough plat through trade to cover slots and other market purchases.  And people who are willing to spend actual money get more value from the plat they buy since prices on everything tank.

I'm not so sure it would happen as you imagine. Getting to the point where you can earn the plat you need/want by trading is a major milestone for WF players. Maybe a price crash would motivate players to spend, but maybe it would motivate them to play a different game instead. The genius of WF's business model is precisely that it leverages item farmers to benefit DE by allowing you to trade the premium currency. Every single online game has a shadow economy of people farming up items and selling them for real money, and every single studio that runs such a game tries in vain to stamp that practice out. DE did the exact opposite, they integrated buying farmed items for real money into their business model, except of course it's DE rather than the item farmer that gets paid the real money. But the item farmer has to get something worthwhile in return, or else they won't bother farming and they'll spend their time playing some other game. And if item buyers can get more for their money, they'll burn through the available content faster and move on to a different game as well.

hace 9 horas, RazerXPrime dijo:

Something like this has probably been brought up, but I'd like to know why this game doesn't have an in-game player market where you can post stuff to sell or buy and let it work that way like other games have. It's much more convenient.

After Tencent buys out the owners of DE , we will eventualy get the market (that riven market has to get easyer to grow some way or another) .

As for why right now we don't have it... my guess is tecnical capabilities of implementing a system that won't forget what items you put inside ( you don't want a fallout 76 premium container that delets what ever you put inside do you now? )

hace 9 horas, WhiteMarker dijo:

Because DE wants people to interact.

Bro... its gous like : "want to buy x at Y coz used warframe.market" ... " ye invi " ... <--trade done--> " tx gl hf " ..."tx gl hf" ... i interact more with lifeless machines than this wtf

hace 9 horas, WhiteMarker dijo:

I have no idea where your attitude is coming from.

Maybe OP has an attitude problem ... but you have a even bigger one ... just saying...

hace 9 horas, RazerXPrime dijo:

You don't have to explain how a forum works. And no you don't have to search to see if a topic exists in order to start one. In fact starting one that has been created before is perfectly fine. You can by all means disagree with me, but if everyone shared your opinion you'd have little conversation left in the world, since most things have been discussed before. It'd be a very very dull place.

That my friend is caled Reposting and maybe on redit you get some brownie points but here you get a trip to the salt mine of thous that posted about this in the past.

hace 8 horas, Phatose dijo:

At any rate, the answer has been given - DE does not want a system where you can progress by setting something up, then walk away and do nothing .  For much of it's existence, that kind of thing was the big bane of Warframe's existence.  Steve described it as the game being played by Homer Simpson's drinking bird. 

The current system, whatever else it might be, does require player engagement. 

Octavia.... Saryn

hace 8 horas, WhiteMarker dijo:

Actually that's wrong. Being nice requires the usage of more words, which means it costs more energy. My initial answer was way more energy efficient than being nice. Just look at that endlessly long example you just gave.

Probably what the americans where thinking before hiroshima and nagasaki. That said ... i do agree with you at some level.

8 minutes ago, kaotis said:

Bro... its gous like : "want to buy x at Y coz used warframe.market" ... " ye invi " ... <--trade done--> " tx gl hf " ..."tx gl hf" ... i interact more with lifeless machines than this wtf

Still more interaction than selecting an item from a list in an auction house.
What people also miss is that the making of warframe.market is also some form of player interaction. DE said in the past that the like that people do stuff in and for warframe.
If we had an auction house we would have none of that. Warframe feels way more alive because of the current system.
It doesn't matter if any of us think that the current system doesn't really count as interactions. DE thinks it does and DE's word is what matters. The same with people saying that the game isn't in beta anymore and DE couldn't use that reasoning anymore. Doesn't matter what people think. DE says so and that's it.
Could DE change their mind? Maybe, but unlikely when it comes to some topics.

10 minutes ago, kaotis said:

Maybe OP has an attitude problem ... but you have a even bigger one ... just saying...

Never said I don't have one. But OP just straight up came at me and at the same time they are demanding niceness. That's not how things work in the world.

10 minutes ago, kaotis said:

Probably what the americans where thinking before hiroshima and nagasaki. That said ... i do agree with you at some level.

Technically dropping these two bombs were more energy efficient. Without the bombs they would have needed to talk about the conditions of Japan's surrender and such things. 
And at the same time these bombs were used as tests...
So it's not that easy to say what the more energy efficient way would have been.

9 hours ago, Phatose said:

I'm inclined to believe making it more convenient would actually force people to buy more plat, not the other way around.  Trade by itself just moves plat around, doesn't remove it from the game, so it doesn't affect the plat supply at all.  Convenient trading would make supply of pretty much everything tradable go up though.  That would drive plat prices for everything down.  But the things from the market would be unaffected.

If this is their evil plan to make more money, it's Dr.Evil level "Why make billions when we can make millions?" poor planning.

The prices might not go down ... market manipulation might be a thing. Not to mention riven market... when a new owner of riven sees his riven going for 2k ... forget the 20 pl for an unroled random riven...

hace 25 minutos, WhiteMarker dijo:

Technically dropping these two bombs were more energy efficient. Without the bombs they would have needed to talk about the conditions of Japan's surrender and such things. 
And at the same time these bombs were used as tests...
So it's not that easy to say what the more energy efficient way would have been.

I didn't say it wasen't an energy efficient way to end that conflict. I made that remark from a moral point of view  🙂

Spoiler

Acording to historians because of the japanese military ideals , the war would have continued for another 4-6 ish months and the loses would have actualy been greater. With that said probably less civilians would have died as a result of direct combat but more in the long run coz of famine and lack of infrastructure.

hace 19 minutos, WhiteMarker dijo:

Had one. It died in march.

Sad to hear man  q,q , stay strong ! 

16 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Something like this has probably been brought up, but I'd like to know why this game doesn't have an in-game player market where you can post stuff to sell or buy and let it work that way like other games have. It's much more convenient.

Isnt that what the warframe.market already dose?Plus the trading isn’t that bad on warframe. It’s just that it’s easier to buy than sell.

Archived