Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What gripes do you have with current Open World?

Zahnny

17 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

The number of random bugs that keep missions from being able to be completed.

Pretty sure all are able to be completed unless you have a console that fails to be accessible, but when you have a marker on a hill in the middle of no where and nothing of interest, but need to know that there's a cave entrance 400m away from that spot to get to it is just a terrible design...

44 minutes ago, Nailclipper said:

Mainly that they are not really open world, but just another (very large) instances.

I think there are should be dedicated servers to host these "open worlds" and people could come and go in/out of the map as they please. This does necessitate remaking the whole open world concept and system.

actually that would require to rework the entire in game code and the entire system as the game renders the position of every player on the map and detect the player simultaneously that is why relays get extremely slow when there is to much players or how the ai is capable to individually detect but emediataly choose what player to attack 

50 minutes ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

Pretty sure all are able to be completed unless you have a console that fails to be accessible, but when you have a marker on a hill in the middle of no where and nothing of interest, but need to know that there's a cave entrance 400m away from that spot to get to it is just a terrible design...

They aren't all able to be completed consistently and I am not on console.

Spy missions in Fortuna near the enrichment center have been failing consistently for me for days now.

Sometimes the bodies that need to be scanned never have a 4th body.

It's the procedural generation tripping over itself.

26 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

They aren't all able to be completed consistently and I am not on console.

Spy missions in Fortuna near the enrichment center have been failing consistently for me for days now.

Sometimes the bodies that need to be scanned never have a 4th body.

It's the procedural generation tripping over itself.

Ew.  I believe you.  I haven't been in Fortuna in a while.  I assumed it was the the plains non sense that so many players (especially new ones) get tripped up on....

il y a 24 minutes, DrivaMain a dit :

They shouldn't have remove PoE incursions. It adds randomness to the open world removing them just turns free roam mode into a big empty wasteland.

inb4 someone says "FoRcEd ConTeNT" when they waltz into an incursion.

The only thing that annoyed me about them was the constant voice messages, which I would've liked to be disabled.

20 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

inb4 someone says "FoRcEd ConTeNT" when they waltz into an incursion.

The only thing that annoyed me about them was the constant voice messages, which I would've liked to be disabled.

yeah incursions was better than what e have now but lotus constant messages were as annoying as nora night 

Only grip I have them really is out un-alive they feel. There is so much to be done to PoE and Orb Vails, it will turn the game into Warframe 2, but to be fair any suggestions to the game falls on deaf ears, so no point listing them.

They did say that Deimos is a much more smaller world and compacted to feel less "wastelandy" but I don't trust that one bit. 

I'd be up for some new bounties, particularly in OV ... I mean theres a spaceport that's crying out to be sabotaged  for instance and I definitely wouldn't say no to demolishing the temple either. It be much more fun than defending yet another coildrive 5 yards outside the labs. Even if its behind Vox rep, like the Spider fights it would be something.

Regarding coildrives, can we comandeer those, like we can with Dargyns? They look like fun to hoon around in.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Zahnny:

1. Bounties don't typically make you explore the whole map

The Orb Vallis on the other hand is pretty terrible. The Bounty locations are rather limited. I can't personally think of a time the Bounty has asked me to go inside the Temple of Profit or Spaceport, even less near those areas. Shame because I really liked the Orokin Dig Site location too. I don't know if this is a result of Bounties being placed based on player proximity and distance and that's why it's self-limiting but I really hope this is removed or attempts to give us bounties where it mostly doesn't currently.

2. Capturing Bases

One thing I liked about the Orb Vallis was capturing bases, through unfortunately there's...pretty much no reason to do them. There's no incentive besides wanting to fight some tougher enemies or if you like MD style missions.

The only thing you unlock is the ability to select a bounty from there and (maybe?) reduced enemies in that area. Which is rather pointless when you can just return to Fortuna, and heck you don't even need to enter Fortuna either since there's a Solaris member outside offering bounties. It honestly doesn't even feel like you did anything since only one Solaris member is there. Where's some Solaris holding the fort for a while?

I want it to feel like capturing a base means something. Even if you capture a second base after this, the previous one is under Corpus control once more. I'm not asking for them to be permanently captured, I think it makes sense to be repeatable and it'd be boring if they were permanently captured. Maybe put a 1 hour time minimum and let you capture all of them before it wares off. Maybe even some minor stuff like Resupply being here or a method of farming relics or some other reward.

In OV when you capture a Base you get new Bountie locations near the captured Base but as far as I know you can only select low level missions. So nobody does that. I don't understand why when you start from Fortuna there are only limited locations for the Bountie stages and not like POE where all locations on the map are in the rotation.

Would be better if you didn't need to get locked doing boring stuff like bounties, fishing and mining to craft anything. I would rather you get the materials from attacking/sneaking into bases and/or just killing enemies. And some event style thing. Like on deimos, they could make some infested pustule on the ground explodes and releases an army of infested and there is a hive in there which you go and eradicate. Then you get deimos specific materials as the reward.

Empty world , Im going to use Destiny as example here , Bungie did really good job at populating their open words with activitys everywhere you go . Patrols , lost sectors , public events and area related gimics and collectables .

And while I have gripes with Destiny 2 to , I still wish DE's version of open worlds would be less empty .

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

Would be better if you didn't need to get locked doing boring stuff like bounties, fishing and mining to craft anything. I would rather you get the materials from attacking/sneaking into bases and/or just killing enemies. And some event style thing. Like on deimos, they could make some infested pustule on the ground explodes and releases an army of infested and there is a hive in there which you go and eradicate. Then you get deimos specific materials as the reward.

Tusk Thumpers (PoE) and the two Orb bosses (Vallis) do reward you with a bunch of crafting resources when you defeat them.

5 minutes ago, Nailclipper said:

Tusk Thumpers (PoE) and the two Orb bosses (Vallis) do reward you with a bunch of crafting resources when you defeat them.

Tusk thumpers: run in circles, "fun"! I would rather fight the grineer soldiers and take their bases and/or capture/destroy some material towing vehicles out in the open than hunt these dull blobs. They all act the same, it just takes time to destroy them. I admit it's still better than fishing/mining, but not by much. And they don't drop all materials, like breath of eidolon, so you can't avoid bounties.

And if you want to do vallis bosses, you need to first do million bouties to be allowed to do them, so no thanks ( at least i think they need the final standing level in solaris united?). Even if they don't require full rank, i still don't want to do a single bounty, so it doesn't really matter. Also, i doubt they are much better than thumpers, with invulnerability being the thing DE puts into every boss. Of course, as long as DE is unwilling to rework the "balance" of the game, nothing will and nothing CAN change. Which is to say: meh...

Open world in general is badly executed in most games, some collectables at best meaningless sidequests, etc.

I hate open world games in general, it is personally to much, i not want ot sink countless hours in a game, i want a goal i can finish really, enjoy the game for what it is.

Elders Scrolls as example, the worlds are amazing but the main story often drowns in it, open world games feel for me like it tries to distract of its poor gameplay and lore often, of course we have good ones also like Witcher or so aswell but, overall it feels lazy, bigger means better, right? This is waht open world is, big empty maps with not much to explore if any at all, repetitive fetchquests or in this case bountys.

Even the hubs feel empty, the same animations, repeating on static "NPC's" NPC in "" becasue they are not interactable, so just decoration. No events, changing world or invasions or so, GW2 Open World Events come to my mind here, world slightly changes with them. Yet here? What does it change if i take over a Fortuna base, kill or capture the Eidolon with Cetus? Nothing have meaning, i rather had more nodes with missions because this is the essence of Warfame, repeatable missions but in a open world it not fits simply.

GW2 again, one map has traders affected of how ccuh events are made and how bases are holded, this could be for Cetus, trading easier and cheaper as exampel as  ranks, the safer the plains are the cheaper things could be as mere example. But sadly it is a glorified update as the others just to have and show something "big".

2 hours ago, (PS4)joehan1287 said:

In OV when you capture a Base you get new Bountie locations near the captured Base but as far as I know you can only select low level missions. So nobody does that. I don't understand why when you start from Fortuna there are only limited locations for the Bountie stages and not like POE where all locations on the map are in the rotation.

the capure base level is a cording with the level of the bounty you accept on fortuna if you go with no bounty the bountys will be set to the lowest one

My only issue is that with the changes to how Electrical procs work, Vallis enemies have basically become Sentinel Murderers.

Seriously, it's not fun when my support drone (which isn't even armed) pops just because I got caught in two ground-pounds and the proc AOE ticked its health down without me being able to do anything about it.

This is something I’m not hyped for, when they showed POE and Fortuna at tennocon I probably was the only one that wasn`t exited for it which am glad I wasn’t because the updates were not a big deal.

If you going to make an open world their has to be fun things to do it in and not be empty and boring plus them has to be a fun way to travel in the environment.

Some ideas;

·       Add fast travel at certain locations.

·       If you mark an area to get to, make a mini game out of it similar to k-drive races that could give standing for ALL syndicates or depending on how quick you get to the location will determine how much resources you could receive or it could be a random buff.

·       Add some side mission on them with interesting NPC.

·       For the hart of demos make the maconan people from nidus` quest be the npcs.

·       Maybe add a new mission type for each open world.

·       Have random wild life roaming around like horizon zero dawn.

·       Make k-drives how more of a use in the open worlds.

·       The mechs that operator pilots, give us the ability to customise the parts and their colour (atm they are ugly looking).

Like I said before, I don`t care about the open world I’m more interested in what comes with it like operator amps, arcanes, weapons, new weapons etc.

Here is a post talking about my opinion on the next update.

This is a game about WARframes, where space ninjas use a gigantic armory of guns and weapons to slaughter masses of faceless goons in extremely pretty acts of gigantic violence. 

I really really #*!%ing hate that the game makes me go fishing and mining. I want to slaughter hordes, and get new weapons to slaughter newer hordes. I don't want to sit with a plinky little sundrill looking for a pretty gem. It's so insanely stupid that this is mandatory. I've hated the entire open world system for so long that I haven't touched it until now, and I'm MR 24 and have been playing the game for 2+ years (ever since it came out on switch)

Archived