Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silly Fanframe Ideas (Look At Your Own Risk)

FatViking

Hi, I am FatViking and these are Fanframe ideas thought of during council chat. 

We will start with the only not-so-silly idea, the corpus/science frame Alpha.

how i imagine it looks: it is rather skinny (like, volt skinny, with a long coat(think of a lab coat), a seemingly corpus made arm, as long with an energy pack on its back. its face looks similar to mags helmet (maybe make it more triangular).

its stats:

hp: average

shield: high

energy: High

Armor: low

Speed: average

stamina: average

Skills:

Skill 1, Study: Alpha marks 1/2/3 target/s in front of him, increasing damage dealt to them and slowing them down

Skill 2, Lab assistance: Alpha deploys a drone that lasts until it is destroyed (works in a similar way as a sentinel), the drone restores shields or deals damage (depends on what the consensus is,ranking the skill up increases the health of the drone)

Skill 3, Defensive matrix: Alpha reflects x%/x%/x% of the damage taken back at the sender while taking 50% of the damage (lasts 20 seconds at max rank)

Skill 4, Prototype: Alpha uses a prototype corpus weapon, dealing x/x/x damage in a straight line (can be aimed, can be used while moving, slows alpha down to walking speed, lasts 5/10/15 seconds, charge time is 5 seconds)

Edited by FatViking

im slightly fascinated by the 3rd power, but it seems a bit too similar to trinity's link 

the idea behind it is to return the damage to ALL the attackers, not just the one linked to you :3

anyone who shoots you gets the damage back to them with the power of science! >:3

my second not-so-silly idea: Vulcanus!

idea behind him is pretty much volcanoes and the molten metals within the lava volcanoes leave.

how i imagine it looks: i see him about as tall (maybe taller than) as rhino, with his Warframe seemingly covered in cooled down lava on certain parts of his body so it looks rock like, on his shoulders and leaking down his arms in small rivers is lava, on the back of his head there is seemingly an opening where you can see a glow and smoke coming out a bit (looks way cool in my head).

stats:

hp: high

shields: low

energy: average

armor: high

speed: slow

stamina: low

Skills.

Skill 1, Molten metal: Vulcanus hurls a ball of molten metal at a target that cools down rapidly, pinning the target to the ground.(target takes damage during the cooldown period due to the extreme heat of molten metal)

Skill 2, Cloud of ashes: Vulcanus releases a cloud of superheated ashes, burning all enemies in it or who enter it

Skill 3, Volcanic Growth:  Vulcanus punches the ground, causing a miniature volcano to grow out of the ground, the volcano emits a constant stream of lava for a few seconds before disappearing.

Skill 4, Eruption: Vulcanus hurls a glob of lava into an enemy wich expands and then explodes, hurling lava globs all around the original target. each target hit with these additional globs will suffer similar fates, just on a smaller scale with less damage, until no target remains or is close enough (lesser and lesser damage is done each time a wave of targets explode)

Edited by FatViking

Guest DeadGoanna

I like the sound of the Alpha Frame ^^

Especially the 3rd and 4th idea. 

Not sure about the probe though. Double hovers over your head would be cool to see =P

The 1st one with decreased speed would come in handy as well. Much like using freeze on a pistol. Would work better as an AOE though instead of a single or couple of targets. =P

Interested to see what comes of the second frame. ^.^

I like the sound of the Alpha Frame ^^

Especially the 3rd and 4th idea. 

Not sure about the probe though. Double hovers over your head would be cool to see =P

The 1st one with decreased speed would come in handy as well. Much like using freeze on a pistol. Would work better as an AOE though instead of a single or couple of targets. =P

Interested to see what comes of the second frame. ^.^

i'll take your suggestion to consideration, thanks ^.^

Third idea, Tactical/sniper/support gunner frame! name: Ghost(place holder name)(let the silly begin!)

i envision Ghost with the same type of body as Excalibur (not the same kind of suit, but body type), with shin- and wrist-guards, what looks like a bullet-proof west, and his legs seem to be dressed a bit baggier than the other frames. his face should look like something that could fit into, for example, ghost recon. he should also carry a small bag on his back (ammo takes space)

Stats:

HP: low

Shields: average

Energy: average

Speed: fast

Stamina: high

Skills:

Skill 1, Tactical Cover: Ghost jumps into cover, gaining accuracy bonus and damage reduction (takes advantage of any cover on the field, exiting cover turns Ghost invisible for few seconds (invis duration increased with ranks))

Skill 2, Point Strike: Ghost aims for the weak spot on his target, dealing x/x/x amount of damage to a single target

Skill 3, Ammo Drop: Ghost calls for a supply drop, replenishing his and his allies ammo

Skill 4, Suppressive fire: Ghost jumps into cover and starts shooting high-caliber rounds at marked targets (targets are marked by being seen by your allies)

Edited by FatViking

Well you asked for my input so here they are;

Alpha
I'm ok with his first power but I think the third power is o-p O_O
That's beyond all the tanky power of every other frames in this game specially if used against bosses.
Same goes to skill 2, If the drones were to only deal dmg and had no shield restore, it would make more sense as a skill.
The dmg for Skill 4 is also way too high

Vulcanus sounds like a really interesting frame.
I like the description of the powers, how they happens and stuff, however, I think skill4 is like a more op version of Nova's M-Prime...

Ghost doesn't interest me much... may be it's more for fps junky.
Not sure how Skill1 can be pulled in this game... what if the frame is in the open area... if the player can simply dash into cover like smart player do, this skill is not necessary at all... the benefit from it however, make it too op to be for first skill

Well you asked for my input so here they are;

Alpha

I'm ok with his first power but I think the third power is o-p O_O

That's beyond all the tanky power of every other frames in this game specially if used against bosses.

Same goes to skill 2, If the drones were to only deal dmg and had no shield restore, it would make more sense as a skill.

The dmg for Skill 4 is also way too high

Vulcanus sounds like a really interesting frame.

I like the description of the powers, how they happens and stuff, however, I think skill4 is like a more op version of Nova's M-Prime...

Ghost doesn't interest me much... may be it's more for fps junky.

Not sure how Skill1 can be pulled in this game... what if the frame is in the open area... if the player can simply dash into cover like smart player do, this skill is not necessary at all... the benefit from it however, make it too op to be for first skill

thanks for your opinion, i will take that valid criticism to heart

Metalhead

HP: High

Shield: Average

Energy: OVERPOWERED!

Speed: Very Fast

Stamina: High

Powers:

1)Growl: Knockouts and enemy

2)Fast Picking: 1000% Melee Speed

3)Pogo: Makes enemies pogo

4)HeadBanging: Move your head and kill your enemies with your hair!

Metalhead must have long hair.

Metalhead

HP: High

Shield: Average

Energy: OVERPOWERED!

Speed: Very Fast

Stamina: High

Powers:

1)Growl: Knockouts and enemy

2)Fast Picking: 1000% Melee Speed

3)Pogo: Makes enemies pogo

4)HeadBanging: Move your head and kill your enemies with your hair!

Metalhead must have long hair.

yay! finally someone uses this thread for silly ideas! let the silly begin!

Infested frame, Suvitan

looks: Suvitan has a default body structure(that of a mix of Rhino and Nova, female and male mixed inbetween, slender yet strong) as its default form, but each different shift provides a different increase in both parts of the visual appearance. Speed reducing the frame in size and making it more female and more acrobatic, whilst being in defense/offense makes the frame more bulky and slow(like the Rhino).

idea behind it: we need a shape shifter, infested seemed to work with us as it seems to change corpus and grineer and it is also a way to explain how the F*** they can extend their arms to attack

Stats:

hp: 125/350 starting/max rank (no mods)

shields: 125/400 starting/max rank (no mods)

Energy:50/75 starting/max rank (no mods)

armor: 175

speed: slow,fast

skills

Skill 1: Grineer Mutation(10 energy, switch in=5 and switch out=5): Form your hands together to take the form of a large scythe, getting rid of your ability to use primary and secondary weapons but adding a large area of effect knockdown/cc melee weapon with big melee damage for each swing.

Skill 2: Corpus Mutation(10 energy, switch in=5 and switch out=5): Form both of your hands into long-serrated blades, increasing attack speed and allowing you to shoot poisonous blobs of acid out of your mouth, poisoning enemies(The poison ignores armor, but it is not hitscan. A mix between Acrid and Torid, the projectile is small but once it hits, it explodes into a gas, although if hit on a target directly it'll poison it without AOE)

Skill 3: 

Skill 4: 

worked a bit more on this frame, utilizing some ideas Nelizar sent me.

thanks to another council member, Nelizar, an idea about this frame is that it shall be able to make its own melee weapons and therefore cannot carry normal melees.

Edited by FatViking

Icarus

HP: average

Shield: low

Energy: good

Armor: very low

Speed: very fast

Stamina: very high

Icarus is a slender male warframe with as little accessories as possible and as aerodynamic as can be done for a warframe. He has an almost ground down look for his front, but on his back he has small panels that open when he's sprinting or in the air to reveal a set of six small thrusters, three on each side of his spine. On the back of his ankles is a mechanism that opens up and uses a series of tiny thrusters to stabilize him in the air, making it much easier to fire weapons while in the air. Also, because of these, then by holding down the spacebar while he is in the air would activate the thrusters and let him glide, reducing his falling speed by 50-60%. Also, by holding shift as well, he could 'sprint' in the air, using the leg thrusters to change the angle which he is at, which would let him glide forwards at 50% more speed, but the reduction to his descent speed would only be 30%. 

On his back would also be a slim cylindrical tube-like canister that would run down his spine and be connected to the six thrusters, with tiny wiring or something going down to the thruster-mechanism on his feet.

Powers:

1) Windblade: Icarus does a melee attack that sends out a wave made out of air formed like a slim blade that has a width equal to three heavy Grineer standing side by side. The wave goes on until it hits a wall or a cover, then the part of it that hit the wall or cover dissipates as a small gust of wind, the rest continues until it hits a wall or a cover, it doesn't stop when it hits an enemy. The wave would deal as much damage as a charged melee attack, with a percentage increase in damage based on the level of the mod. (0%-5%-10%-15%) Additionally, if he hits an enemy with the melee attack itself, then it will be a guaranteed critical against that enemy. 

If Icarus is wielding a dual-weapon, this power only makes one windblade, not two.

2) Airdash: Icarus dashes at quadruple his sprinting speed (4x) forwards a distance determined by the level of the mod (5,5-7-9,5-11 meters) while surrounded by a vortex of air that deals damage to all enemies within (1-1,333...-1,6666....-2 meters) of him in the dash equal to his charged melee attack damage with a percentage increase in damage based on the level of the mod (10%-15%-20%-25%). Enemies that collide with him are knocked back, his course doesn't change. Icarus does not have to be in contact with the ground or a wall to do this, he can dash with this through the air. If he does dash while in the air, then he retains 30% of the momentum boost until he lands.

3) 

4) Too close to the sun: Icarus causes the nuclear fusion core that powers his thruster mechanism to overload, and a second after casting the ability, he would eject it out of the cylindrical unit on his back. The white-hot core would fall straight down and detonate on impact, creating a huge blinding explosion that could be described as a miniature sun bursting. The explosion would do great damage to enemies in a certain radius (both the damage and the radius would increase depending on the level of the ability) and launch Icarus in an arc depending on his position in comparison to the center of the explosion. (the maximum distance he would go and the speed would increase with the level of the ability. Yay! Physics!)

Once Icarus has deployed his core, however, his entire thruster system goes offline, making him fall faster than normally because of the added weight of it, he moves much slower and he can't use abilities number 2 and 3 because they depend on his thruster system. His backup energy system will go online and sent all auxilary power to nanites that would be focused on creating a new nuclear fusion core in his cylindrical unit, making it start to glow. In 30 seconds, he'll be allowed to use his thruster system again and loses the debuffs that were applied to him.

------

Any ideas for ability 3?

Edited by Pyjamalama