Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Purely Defensive Frame Idea (Received Alot Of Praise From Council Community)

PandoraOneZeroOne

Okay, so this may just sound like rambling and i will inform you all that this half-baked idea has come (from the dark corners of my antidepressant addled brain), to me at 3 am in the morning.

Now I may be crazy, but I was just randomly throwing ideas into Council chat with a view to spark conversation and everyone responded pretty positively to my idea, stating it was unique and suggested I post it here for you developers.

So, here goes..

Basically my purely defensive frame idea was inspired by a thought I had  about Diablo II and specificaly magic (blue) items in the game with a particular status. The status i am referring to is the "Thorns" attribute on which some belts ,rings and even armour often addorn.

This ability within Diablo II essentiallly reimburses or retaliates back to the enemy a percentage of the damage dealt to the character.

My idea is thus.

A purely defensive frame with no offensive skills (an idea borrowed from the very tactical frame Loki), but unlike Loki would be a damage soaker. Essentially the ultimate Tank with Abilities ranging from soaking up damage and returning a set percentage of the damage soaked up back to the enemies (not the full amount like Nyx).

Now I realise that this wouldn't be viable in the higher levels as the damage just wouldn't be enough to really count toward anything so I also came up with the idea that maybe the same Ability (Let's call it "Retaliate" for the sake of this theoretical exercise) would also incur a penalty on enemies, like say weakening their weapon damage or possibly just slowing them in much the same way as snowglobe or infested impedence does.

Now the second power idea that came to me, which at this point in time is my final idea was one that basically prevents bullet fire hitting the frame and returns it to them (retaliation as the main theme i have in mind) in a similar way to Nyx's "Absorb"  to deal 1:1 damage.

As you can see my idea isnt fully fleshed out and I wasn't initially going to even bother posting it so you DE guys could see it, but people in Council chat convinced me I should put it here and thus, it is done.

I thank you greatly for your time and look forward to the result of this.

Even if you don't borrow my idea, I'd be overjoyed if it gave you inspiration for your own new and unique frames. in the future

Keep up the good work DE.

We know you care

-Tabs-

P.S if i come up with anymore ideas for this particular frames abilities I'll add them as they come to me.

Edited by Androgirl101

If you're serious about this, you want the Fan Concepts or a similar forum.

This forum is for feedback concerning existing warframes and their abilities.

How often do DE check those, compared to warframe feedback. Not as much. This is a unique idea and I think it'll  get more attention and eyes here. I also think ideas like this one count towards Warframe feedback, and not just existing ones.

1) you do not take damage on high level because your bases are covered by snowglobe and bastille.

2) we already have nyx.

one more thing, i don't need less damage from enemy and i don't need them move slower also. makes little sense.

Edited by Althix

1) you do not take damage on high level because your bases are covered by snowglobe and bastille.

2) we already have nyx.

Nyx? Nyx isn't defensive at all! Nyx is more of a passive frame, a background support you might say.

snowglobe? bastille? this frame idea, brilliant as it is, could be EVEN better than those 2 skills since the idea behind it is to be the bullet sponge.

you offend the author and me by thinking nyx can be a bullet sponge better than this idea. >:c

How often do DE check those, compared to warframe feedback. Not as much. This is a unique idea and I think it'll  get more attention and eyes here. I also think ideas like this one count towards Warframe feedback, and not just existing ones.

It's probably going to be moved there by a Mod anyway, so it's best to start there. The Dev's look at fan art and concepts plenty, or did you miss them talking about and sharing stuff from them?

because you are lacking experience.

you can have Nyx under blessing effect of Trinity and under energy vampire effect at the same time. And when Nyx is using absorb entire party are shooting at her with let say Ogris.

And i don't really care did i offended author or not.

Edited by Althix

It's probably going to be moved there by a Mod anyway, so it's best to start there. The Dev's look at fan art and concepts plenty, or did you miss them talking about and sharing stuff from them?

I was told to post here..

Why is everyone mad at me? I didn't even want to post this idea. I knew it would make people hate me.

-Tabs-

because you are lacking experience.

you can have Nyx under blessing effect of Trinity and under energy vampire effect at the same time. And when Nyx is using absorb entire party are shooting at her with let say Ogris.

And i don't really care did i offended author or not.

What did i ever do to you? I did not want to post this idea and I am now greatly regretting that I did. Leave me alone. I did nothing to deserve your ire or the abrupt "no" you gave me.

-Tabs-

I'm an avid Diablo player as well, went through all three multiple times.  I like it and here's my 2 cents...with a little Devil's advocate too

The damage soaking is an excellent idea but reminds me of Trinity and Rhino's Iron Skin  Its tricky because at the moment we have a lot of frames with similar, but not exactly the same abilities.  So finding a fit for this without treading on those is the hardest part.

The the damage retaliation is a pretty awesome idea.  Although it has a combo feel of Snow-globe and Absorb.  Once the range and damage percentage is ironed out it should be a smokin' Retaliation.

One thing I can add is Auras, like Trinity's blessing, Rhino's Roar and Volts Speed are too few.  Wearing a certain element should be able to "Retaliate" against a certain effect all the better.  Assume its 50-60-70-80-90% damage reflected, adding a flame repellent mod should give you, maybe 15-25-35-45% against fire damage (napalm included) and so on...

Certinaly something against Railgun MOAs...PLEASE lol..

The "Tank" element looks like it will be stuffed into the Berserker somehow, and Rhino is pretty close to it already, so that might need more of a "absorb allies damage" approach to be relevant.  

The idea there being a frame that attracts the attention (aggro) and takes a beating while the rest get a few seconds of being ignored.  Long enough for a single player to revive another I'd say.  A sanctuary area is asking too much as it would unbalance the game.  This should work far better.

How does the name "Durus" from Latin to mean strong or enduring? or Casso to destroy, annul or make void?

Please comment away.  Thanks for sharing with us!

Edited by Humz

I'm an avid Diablo player as well, went through all three multiple times.  I like it and here's my 2 cents...with a little Devil's advocate too

The damage soaking is an excellent idea but reminds me of Trinity and Rhino's Iron Skin  Its tricky because at the moment we have a lot of frames with similar, but not exactly the same abilities.  So finding a fit for this without treading on those is the hardest part.

The the damage retaliation is a pretty awesome idea.  Although it has a combo feel of Snow-globe and Absorb.  Once the range and damage percentage is ironed out it should be a smokin' Retaliation.

One thing I can add is Auras, like Trinity's blessing, Rhino's Roar and Volts Speed are too few.  Wearing a certain element should be able to "Retaliate" against a certain effect all the better.  Assume its 50-60-70-80-90% damage reflected, adding a flame repellent mod should give you, maybe 15-25-35-45% against fire damage (napalm included) and so on...

The "Tank" element looks like it will be stuffed into the Berserker somehow, and Rhino is pretty close to it already, so that might need more of a "absorb allies damage" approach to be relevant.  How does the name "Durus" from Latin to mean strong or enduring? or Casso to destroy, annul or make void?

I really like your idea about the retaliation against certain elements. Maybe the other two abilities should be against fire and beam or something? I don't know. It's probably a dumb idea.

-Tabs-

Edited by Androgirl101

I didn't know there was a rule regarding warframe abilities, this section is warframe feedback, and ideas are a kind of feedback, so I see this post in the right section.

The "Tank" element looks like it will be stuffed into the Berserker somehow, and Rhino is pretty close to it already, so that might need more of a "absorb allies damage" approach to be relevant.  How does the name "Durus" from Latin to mean strong or enduring? or Casso to destroy, annul or make void?

I'm not the author of this post but, finally, something legitimate.

As already stated, wrong forum.

I'd be interested to know the concepts for the four powers though. Although it would be purely defensive, you would have to have either a team buff or enemy debuff for this frame to be truly useful to the team. 

Whilst the concept of something that sort of takes all aggro and takes no damage is nice, we already have single powers that negate all damage (Blessing and Snowglobe) so this sort of frame would need other benefits  to make it worthwhile.  

I was told to post here..

Why is everyone mad at me? I didn't even want to post this idea. I knew it would make people hate me.

-Tabs-

I'm not even remotely mad at you. In fact I'm trying to help you! That is a very odd reaction. You really wouldn't be getting this response if you had put it in the right place.

I didn't know there was a rule regarding warframe abilities, this section is warframe feedback, and ideas are a kind of feedback, so I see this post in the right section.

You see incorrectly. It's an idea for a whole new Warframe, which is a concept. Feedback is responding to stuff that already exists.

I'm not even remotely mad at you. In fact I'm trying to help you! That is a very odd reaction. You really wouldn't be getting this response if you had put it in the right place.

You see incorrectly. It's an idea for a whole new Warframe, which is a concept. Feedback is responding to stuff that already exists.

Well, I didn't know...

I was told by the council to post it in the feedback forum. I didn't even want to post it.

-Tabs-