Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mildly curious: Good primary and secondary for Steel Path?

EmberStar

2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

You must be using a different stance and build than I have equipped then.  Since the stance rework Venka Prime for me has been slow and awkward to use, with way too many weird animations.

Sounds like Malicious Raptor, maybe.  Try Vermilion Storm.  Much freer movement and more forgiving of mistakes.  Personally I like all three claw stances a lot, but I'd bet Vermillion is the easiest to love.

3 hours ago, bibmobello said:

You use tysis to spread status and a venka with gas+bloods rush CO berserk, reach and primed bane of infested. The best stance are vermillion storm and malicious raptor, don't remember which one i used because i change them very often but i prefer malicious raptor.. Arcane strike helps too but it's already a fast weapon.

He is not(totally) immune to status and he is weak even against slash damage  so slash weapons are faster.

56 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Sounds like Malicious Raptor, maybe.  Try Vermilion Storm.  Much freer movement and more forgiving of mistakes.  Personally I like all three claw stances a lot, but I'd bet Vermillion is the easiest to love.

I just had time to make a quick check.  It looks like my Venka Prime were set to use Four Riders.  I'll try switching to one of the others.

I just use guns with very high status spreading potential.

Crits on guns is rather lackluster on SP outside of a few very niche options. 

I primarily use them to prime CO on the melee. 

Surprisingly I use high crits on my melee to increase the CO potential and go on minimum status for the maximum damage. 

My Basmu (that does heat aoe to group, and electric to single enemy which by its nature affects groups by default) along with no need to reload with discipline, no ammo, self heal and aoe damage is probably my most used and effective weapon. 

A high status rattleguts with arcane charge to provide the other set of statuses if ever needed or when I have to carry something. 

It's so very effective it can be like a crutch so I stopped using it for some time. 

i am late to the party, but i want to talk about how instead of looking at specific weapons you should loo at the underlying principals.

the struggle is, amongst the higher levelled enemies, the massive boost to their defences on top of it. To adress this, there are 2 methods. The first is reduction and removal of defensive mechanics (eg corrosive proccs on armour, magnetic on shielding) which will make the enemies much easier to deal with - along with matching elemental damage to get the sweet, juicy damage multiplier (corrosive damage does 75% more damage against ferrite armor [most grineer units] - until you strip their armor, in which the damage type changes to viral/slash).

the second method is damage bypassing. In a world where an enemy has infinite armor, corrosive procs rdeuce armor by up to 80%. Which means they still have infinite armor. To damage enemies in this situation, youll need a way to ignore armor. In this situation, you could probably still kill the enemy with slash proccs which when combined with viral proccs do some decent damage, as slash does "true" damage and viral will multiply that damage. For shields, toxin damage will directly bypass shield - which amy help deal with tough corpus units.

as for good weapons, many great suggestions have been made, crit weapons with appropriate elemental combos and bane mods will do great work. Status weapons will bring great utility, and hybrid weapons tend to be versatile - able to do most categories rather well. Melee weapons do reing supreme in the latter category, between blood rush and weeping wounds you are able to take advantage of relevant status effects (usually viral/slash) and go hard into crit and its affiliated damge multipliers.

if you want some suggestions:

Spoiler

most kuva weapons

Primary:

• supra vandal
  • tigris variants
  • acceltra
  • ignis wraith
  • exergis
  • soma prime
  • amprex

Secondary:

• atomos
  • pyrana prime
  • akbolto
  • pox
  • akarius
  • pandero
  • mara detron

Melee:

• several zaw setups - sepfahn nikana is great
  • kronen prime
  • redeemer prime
  • galatine prime
  • fragor prime
  • orthos prime
  • honestly  could keep going here, many melee weapons are great (becaus eof the mods mentioned already) that mean this list is probably the longest.

then there are weapons with specific setups that are good, like mutalist cernos with split flight and the bronco with dizzying rounds - niche weapons with powerful effects

For me Steel Path was mostly a melee affair. Having said that, my most used primaries were Kuva Chakkhurr, a Tombfinger kit-primary and Tiberon Prime. Secondary, I used mostly Kuva Nukor and to a lesser extent Pox and Pyrana Prime.

Then again, a large part of Steel Path was dealt with by Baruuk's Serene Storm which deals ludicrous amounts of damage.

Hildryn makes a lot of weapons work, since she can peel both armour and shield. I run her with crit/status hybrid kuva kohm (59% cold), crit/status hybrid kuva nukor (57% magnetic), and either Nikana Prime or Rakta Dark Dagger (vs Infested). 

Kuva Nukor was initially built for CO primer purposes but found that it just rips through things decently enough while effectively locking them down with heat status so that's my go-to lazy weapon. 

I'm at SP Sedna now. 

My main weapon of choice to deal with all normal enemies in SP is the Phantasma. It offers the Ignis playstyle with WAY more power. Combine it with an Adarza kavat for the flat CC increase and maybe Arcane Rage for even more power and you will literally melt everything in your way 😉 I have a nice riven for it (Cd, multishot, additional heat damage), but if you replace this with the Primed Cd mod for shotguns, you should be fine, too. Virus,heat,radiation against Grineer/Infested, magnetic, radiation, heat (due to riven) against Corpus. I highly recommend to increase the mag size, but personal preference. The ammount of status procs is insane, definetivly give it a try, a severely underrated weapon imo. For melee, I use my Dark Split Sword (Dual sword stance) with a riven and the Kronen Prime.

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

In the past i did the stupid mistake to spend almost +300 formas among primaries and secondaries, i will never do the same error again.

Never say never.

How are you going to master kuva weapons then?

In any case, you can build one a day so it isn't any too difficult to save up during content drought.

15 hours ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

Does the kuva nukor chain enemies like atomos?

ya its part of its gimick
The Kuva Nukor is the Kuva variant of the GrineerMicrowaveGun Nukor, with improvements to its already high critical multiplier and status chance, and increased critical chance, magazine, and range, but with marginally lower damage. Its beam has also gained the ability to chain between multiple enemies.

2 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

ya its part of its gimick
The Kuva Nukor is the Kuva variant of the GrineerMicrowaveGun Nukor, with improvements to its already high critical multiplier and status chance, and increased critical chance, magazine, and range, but with marginally lower damage. Its beam has also gained the ability to chain between multiple enemies.

Ye, i found that out after somebody mentioned that in a reply lol. Its on my farm list but after i kill my current lich with the bramma

Finished SP solo, and as you've read most of the good primaries and secondaries still work like they did before, but best to mod for the faction you're playing against. Slash, viral and heat are still a decent base-line, but the primed faction mods really do help a lot. Corpus are definitely the strongest faction in the regular SP missions and for them magnetic and toxin on one of your weapons is not a bad idea.

Just remember that the ammo-inefficient rapid fire weapons with decent status chance are best used to prime, which are a boatload of ranged weapons really, and this is not a bad thing to use them for? Yes, melee is king but that said with the right riven or build, everything can kill rapidly.

For both primary as well as secondary, most of the kuva weapons are excellent. Bramma, of course, but Tonkor, Chakhur and Khom are brilliant as well. Ignis Wraith and Phantasma are great, and I loved the Exergis, Secura Penta and Acceltra too. Oh, and the Stahlta is a lovely newcomer I have come to appreciate a lot.

As for secondaries, the Nukor was mentioned. This thing is beyond good, and well into full-on broken, enjoy it while it lasts! The other kuva secondaries as well, Brakk and Stubbas really are good stuff. Pirana Prime also remains a top contender, as does Tombfinger and Catchmoon to be honest, even if no one else mentioned them until now, they are still pretty awesome. Dizzying rounds Bronco is pretty cool too! 

Phantasma, vortex Vauban, and a stropha crit build with PPP swapped for CO. Why go to them when you can toss a vortex into a group of enemies, reach max combo in 3 hits...provided they're grineer so they live...then light them up with heat, viral, and radiation...they're already magnetized from vortex and impacted from stropha.  Then watch a sonar banshee build damage numbers fly

Primaries are pretty useless these days (relative to secondaries and melee). Kuva Nukor with a Condition Overload melee is so, so far ahead of everything. You can slot in a Ferrox for some CC, that's what I did. But I hardly use it when things die so fast. 

Otherwise, you're looking at Stropha (way better then Redeemer for high enemy density), any nikana, Balla Zaw dagger, or Kronen Prime. Long story short, you don't want to be wasting your time stripping armor in Steel Path. Either entirely bypass it with slash damage, use an exceptional frame like Ember to armor strip the entire room instantly, or blow everything up with Condition Overload.

The Kuva Nukor on its own, on a weapon platform like Nova or Wisp, is enough to melt a room of lvl 300 enemies in 3-4 seconds. 

These weapons are just so far ahead of everything else that...yeah. it's not even close. 

Primaries: Very high burst weapon damage (Lenz, Bramma). You will go nowhere with a weapon that has standard mechanics and bad ammo economy is obnoxious. Alternatively very high status rifles like Quellor or dera vandal with viral fire procs(it kills stuff definitely but it is not very fun or quick ^^). A fully moded with a -5% perfect riven on Kuva Quartakk for example feels dull in sp :). If you play rhino, a viral hunter munition bane mod ignis wraith works ok against greeners and will destroy infested and corpus as well with elem swap ^^

Secondaries: Kuva nukor is the only secondary I know that performs in SP, and it performs VERY well

Melee: venka and kronen prime are above for everything but there are other decent CO weapons and heavy attacks are an option

1 hour ago, Orblit said:

Phantasma, vortex Vauban, and a stropha crit build with PPP swapped for CO. Why go to them when you can toss a vortex into a group of enemies, reach max combo in 3 hits...provided they're grineer so they live...then light them up with heat, viral, and radiation...they're already magnetized from vortex and impacted from stropha.  Then watch a sonar banshee build damage numbers fly

If I play Steel Path at all (still haven't decided) then I'd just be clearing it solo.  Things that need multiple Warframes to work aren't really on my list - I avoid teaming on the normal star chart whenever possible.  I'm pretty sure Steel Path would just amplify everything I dislike about trying to team with random strangers.

il y a 1 minute, taiiat a dit :

why would i pick Weapons specifically for Steel Path? whichever Weapons i already like, i'll still like.
i can always add more Damage to my Weapons since we have so many ways to do so.

that's the entirety of my 2cents.

Because SP scalling for one faction in particular is too high compared to what primaries and secondaries do fairly. However you are free hiting sponges if you like the skin of your weapon that much. However it is certain that most primaries and secondaries are garbage for this content atm.

39 minutes ago, Galuf said:

Because SP scalling for one faction in particular is too high compared to what primaries and secondaries do fairly. However you are free hiting sponges if you like the skin of your weapon that much. However it is certain that most primaries and secondaries are garbage for this content atm.

you can always increase the Damage of your Weapons.

i was indirectly alluding to that i'll pick whatever Weapons i feel like using and delete the Enemies either way, because of the Stats we have available.

Personally running with Wukong, Exergis, and a Stropha. Clone does well with the exergis for support. Stropha is just fun personally. Either that or risking with a quick run with a Saryn, and Regen Molt augment + Lesion 100% status with Healing Return so I don't die too much. Khora for the tedious defense maps. Works well enough so far upto Jupiter. 

Archived