Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mildly curious: Good primary and secondary for Steel Path?

EmberStar

2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

If I play Steel Path at all (still haven't decided) then I'd just be clearing it solo.  Things that need multiple Warframes to work aren't really on my list - I avoid teaming on the normal star chart whenever possible.  I'm pretty sure Steel Path would just amplify everything I dislike about trying to team with random strangers.

I am soloing....I meant the numbers can/will reach numbers so high it looks like I'm using a sonar banshee.

Il y a 4 heures, taiiat a dit :

you can always increase the Damage of your Weapons.

I assure you, it is not possible, each mechanic and item in the game has limits, even factoring riven disposition and everything. When I tell you that most weapons are nogo in SP, it is because I've tryed some weapons that are mathematically ultra strong in damage with pretty much pristine min max builds and they were poor, if those weapons feel bad on SP mercury, how do you think weaker weapons behave?

Ash Prime built for Bladestorm, with Arcane Trickery and Arcane Fury

Hunter Munitions Opticor Vandal 

Kuva Nukor built for Viral + Heat

Venka Prime built for Hybrid Viral.

Since Viral increases damage done to health Bladestorm (true dmg btw) does more damage. Still one hit kills at 150+. Beyond that it will consume about 1 or 2 more Bladestorm marks.

15 hours ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

Ye, i found that out after somebody mentioned that in a reply lol. Its on my farm list but after i kill my current lich with the bramma

i got a fire one an it doesnt combine with the inate radation, an works quite well on survials xD make all them large groups easyier targets for my allies

My friend and I 2 manned the entire thing.

I ran Vauban with max durration and range. His vortex made any endless a cakewalk. Mix that with a bramma tuned to the enemies, beautiful. Secondary was a 100% status of enemy weaknesses or armor strip. Melee was a destreza with a crazy riven (215% crit chance, 120% melee damage) built for red crits. 

Friend ran Ash, swapping between fatal teleport and seeking shurikens. Latron with a status riven build. And secondary/melee to cover the rest of missing elements.

Went fairly well, only snag was derilect bosses, but once we tuned a very special build, we blew them out of the galaxy. 

12 hours ago, Galuf said:

I assure you, it is not possible, each mechanic and item in the game has limits, even factoring riven disposition and everything. When I tell you that most weapons are nogo in SP, it is because I've tryed some weapons that are mathematically ultra strong in damage with pretty much pristine min max builds and they were poor, if those weapons feel bad on SP mercury, how do you think weaker weapons behave?

i've heard all that hullabaloo before - people complaining that Railjack Grineer were unkillable, while i Killed them just the same as Enemies elsewhere in the game. much higher Stats technically, but did it really matter? idunno, it didn't seem to. Gokstad Officers before their immunity to Corrosive was fixed, eh, a little bit durable perhaps i suppose, but still died in a couple seconds.
and then all of the Enemies in the game got dramatically nerfed. all Enemies in Steel Path are weaker than Railjack Enemies in December, by quite a margin.

sure, there's some Weapons that occupy like, the bottom 20-30% of all Weapons that will never perform well, but that's neither here nor there, most Weapons are a ways above that.

il y a une heure, taiiat a dit :

i've heard all that hullabaloo before - people complaining that Railjack Grineer were unkillable, while i Killed them just the same as Enemies elsewhere in the game. much higher Stats technically, but did it really matter? idunno, it didn't seem to. Gokstad Officers before their immunity to Corrosive was fixed, eh, a little bit durable perhaps i suppose, but still died in a couple seconds.
and then all of the Enemies in the game got dramatically nerfed. all Enemies in Steel Path are weaker than Railjack Enemies in December, by quite a margin.

sure, there's some Weapons that occupy like, the bottom 20-30% of all Weapons that will never perform well, but that's neither here nor there, most Weapons are a ways above that.

I'm not complaining about ennemies hps man, I'm just pointing facts, you're free to enjoy the game how you like.

Went ahead and tried it.  Got as far as Lephantis, and the mission fails due to... taking too long? I guess?  Lephantis has always been a terribly designed fight, and Steel Path just adds another few million HP on top of the tedious suck that the fight has always been.  Maybe I'll try again later, maybe I won't.  I don't really care about the Mastery points enough to deal with this.  And no one else cares whether I finish it or not, so what's the point?

I have been using the Stalta and the Kuva Seer. They do really well.

If I use Nyx, then I take high fire rate ones like Baza Prime or Kuva Karak.

I mostly take AoE weapons when I take a warframe like Vauban.

As for melee, its usually the Skiajati. Sometimes I take the Orthros prime though.

Il y a 1 heure, EmberStar a dit :

Went ahead and tried it.  Got as far as Lephantis, and the mission fails due to... taking too long? I guess?  Lephantis has always been a terribly designed fight, and Steel Path just adds another few million HP on top of the tedious suck that the fight has always been.  Maybe I'll try again later, maybe I won't.  I don't really care about the Mastery points enough to deal with this.  And no one else cares whether I finish it or not, so what's the point?

If you had a problem like that with Lephantis, wait till you go the the Zealot Prelate.

The TRUE definition of bullet sponge.

As for lephantis itself, I just took weapons with infinite ammo like the Fulmin. However, I ended up using the Stropha heavy attack because that was doing more damage.

Also, there are no mastery points associated with the derelict.

Just now, Aadi880 said:

If you had a problem like that with Lephantis, wait till you go the the Zealot Prelate.

As for lephantis itself, I just took weapons with infinite ammo like the Fulmin. However, I ended up using the Stropha heavy attack because that was doing more damage.

Lephantis takes longer than emissary.

3 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

I don't fight Lephantis often enough to be sure, but I think it uses some of the rules for objects.  I had the impression that critical hits don't work, and I know it's immune to status procs.  I got timed out because the only weapon that was doing any visible damage at all was the Imperator Vandal which I happened to have built for Corrosive.  None of the random Infested dropped ammo for it so every time I emptied it I had to spend almost five minutes plinking at Lephantis with a Pax Charge primary kitgun.  And then I apparently totally screwed up by killing the Corpus head first, which I guess is the one that spits out the spawner cocoons.  Destroying the other heads doesn't count as "Kills," and the timer ran out before I could kill all three heads in the second Lephantis phase.

To the extent it matters (not at all,) my plan was to clear the Derelicts before they drop Heart of Deimos.  Then I'd only have to do whatever new nodes they add for it to be marked as "complete."  (Which might be just doing a Steel Path bounty for Mother for all I know.)  If it's worth Mastery then yay, and if not then that "world" is still checked off and I can go back to clearing the rest of the star chart.  I might have misunderstood the rules, but I thought that "finishing" the Steal Path starchart was worth a total of about 27,000 Mastery.  Mostly I just want to clear the mode and be done with it.  If I got enough Steel Essence to get the operator outfit that would be nice, but it's apparently super unlikely without actually farming for it.

21 hours ago, taiiat said:

RJ enemies were tough, but not due to boosted base stats or lvls, but due to dynamic innate DR (which got removed). It was largely not an issue though, since they came in small numbers.

8 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Lephantis takes longer than emissary.

6 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Dunno about that.

Lephantis took me 3 minutes. Emissary took me 20.

What would you suggest as a good Warframe for fighting the Zealoid Prelate?  I think I read in another thread that the Infested are a pain to fight in Steel Path because their version of Toxin damage slices right through player health.  (Something about one-shotting Inaros, I think.)  It would be helpful to know if there is an option that doesn't rely on Rivens or Arcanes.  (Since the handful I have of either are mostly in the "not worth equipping" category.)  I've checked a couple of runthrough videos on Youtube, but they seem to rely on Arcanes I don't have, or vastly different builds for Warframes than I ever use.  I'm pretty sure I saw at least one that might have been using Primed Sure Footed.  I have that mod, but since I've never even considered ranking it up and I only have about 4000 Endo at the moment, it's not something I'd be able to use even if I wanted to.

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

What would you suggest as a good Warframe for fighting the Zealoid Prelate?  I think I read in another thread that the Infested are a pain to fight in Steel Path because their version of Toxin damage slices right through player health.  (Something about one-shotting Inaros, I think.)  It would be helpful to know if there is an option that doesn't rely on Rivens or Arcanes.  (Since the handful I have of either are mostly in the "not worth equipping" category.)  I've checked a couple of runthrough videos on Youtube, but they seem to rely on Arcanes I don't have, or vastly different builds for Warframes than I ever use.  I'm pretty sure I saw at least one that might have been using Primed Sure Footed.  I have that mod, but since I've never even considered ranking it up and I only have about 4000 Endo at the moment, it's not something I'd be able to use even if I wanted to.

Just use revenant  if you want an easy play,( inaros without any arcanes is meh, you can see it  during grendel missions.) You don't need any riven at all, just use one of the weapon with + MR10 requirement with a slash damage, consider the best one are +MR12.

BTW they can't one shot inaros at SP level but if you don't have any mods on him...

4 hours ago, ShortCat said:

RJ enemies were tough, but not due to boosted base stats or lvls, but due to dynamic innate DR (which got removed). It was largely not an issue though, since they came in small numbers.

and having upwards of quintupled Health as to other versions of the same Enemies, and to some having increased Armor as to other versions of the same Enemies.......

Players are certainly asked to Kill Enemies which are most of the way to original Railjack Enemies, sure. making some Endless Gamemodes more tedious than they normally already are, even if a Player is well geared and Killing many Enemies per second.
but that's not directly in front of dealing sufficient Damage, that's more unrelated to Damage really.

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

Just use revenant  if you want an easy play,( inaros without any arcanes is meh, you can see it  during grendel missions.) You don't need any riven at all, just use one of the weapon with + MR10 requirement with a slash damage, consider the best one are +MR12.

BTW they can't one shot inaros at SP level but if you don't have any mods on him...

It's not that I don't have any mods, it's that I don't build around Corrupted mods.  I build so all numbers go up.  Literally the only build I have that uses Corrupted mods is a Slow Nova built for high power strength and duration to use Null Star as damage reduction.  I would never team with her, mostly because I'm tired of being screeched at by people who think all Nova is Speed Nova... even in missions where that seems like a bad idea like Interception.  I do not own a Speed Nova build.

I don't have Arcanes because I don't feel like paying thousands of platinum, and so far I have deeply disliked any game modes that drop them.  (I ran Raids / Trials exactly zero times.  I have only fought the basic Eidolon a few times, and hate it.  I did Scarlet Spear enough to get the unique weapons, and no more than that.)

Archived