Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still Excited for Subsuming?

Traumtulpe

When DE announced the system, I was very much looking forward to it. "Some Warframes don't have a single useless ability, a couple options will be amazing!"

With the Dev-Workshop, the hype only increased. "I can get amazing abilities like Larva on my favorite Warframe? Dispenser to satiate my hunger for energy?!"

Now that I have farmed and built all those Warframes, after being excited and planning what abilities to use on which Warframe: "Oh sorry, we didn't mean to actually give you good abilities. You will still be able to use them, but they will be worse than the original."

And with that Helminth went straight from "Omg, this is so exciting!" to "I guess I can replace useless garbage with something I might actually use."

Our own excitment brings disappointment, sad.

Anyways Im planning to try out Chroma elemental ward on froms replacing his 1 or 2 for some buffs. Giving Nekros well of life so he can heal would work good with his augment. I built other frames because I had the blueprints already somehow I guess Ill try it out how it works. But Im mostly goign to stick with what the 'vanilla' abilities 

1 minute ago, Ver1dian said:

[...]

"You cannot give Warcry away, Valkyr doesn't have anything else!"

"Giving Valkyr actual abilities besides Warcry is too much work, and nobody would want to subsume any of the others - how about we make subsumed Warcry garbage too? Great idea, me!"

We don't know the numbers anyway.

It could just be a 20% to 30% reduction on the few OP ones. The rest of the skills, some of which are good, are still there.

In any case, having a useful skill is better than a useless one.

First reaction to subsuming was despair:  DE seemed like they were washing their hands of reworking frames and making all 4 abilities matter on frames.  

Second Reaction to subsuming:  alright if Nekros is never getting fixed atleast I can make him more fun to play.   Petrify/Larva and lets rock.... stupid 1 subsumed ability limit....

Subsume nerf reaction:  Wow the guys who cant make 4 worthwhile abilities per frame didnt understand how game breaking and abused the subsume system was going to be,  shocker....

-------------------------

I dont giving a flying fart about steel path,  I just enjoy playing and helping others.   I cant say I would never take Damage/Speed buffs on frames but they were the least interesting to me.  However the nerf to Larva really hurts.  Larva already takes pure range build.  How many frames can support that?  

The sad fact is it doesnt matter if they nerf amazing abilities into the ground.   Some Warframes are just super boring garbage to play.  I'd replace everything except Desecraton on Nekros if I could.  INCLUDING AND ESPECIALLY the one he can feed to helminth... Terror  lol.  $#^$&&#%^* worthless.

I'm still excited about the system but they need to follow through on what they said about buffing the weak abilities. As of now they put some minor buffs on well of life and airburst and then called it a day. The reason they are nerfing those 6 abilities isnt directly because of how powerful they are but because of how much DE thinks they will be used in comparison to other abilities. There is still a lot of room to buff the trash abilities in the system to achieve the same effect.

Tbh it really killed my mood. I was actually really happy and excited to put roar, larva, and warcry on so many different frame, then that happens. 

Now I feel like it's any other mediocre update that I'll just play for mastery...

Of course I'm still exited, I can put a useful ability on Inaros.
I can't want to drive the little mecha skull things.
I will play again the starting new player things to see how they covered that thing.
New infested weapons.New infested enemies.Lore.Many other things perhaps.
I'm starved for anything new. 😄

I don't like "random" changes. They've nerfed 4 subsumed abilities. We know because we've seen the post in page EIGHTY of the Dev Workshop, which is read by maybe 2% of Warframe Community.

There won't be any disclaimer ingame. You'll have a prompt saying "Subsuming Mirage will give you Eclipse. You sure ?" on which you'll excitedly reply "Yep !". You'll have to discover the stealth nerf afterward.

Either all spells are nerfed upon Subsuming (ie xx% less efficiency, damage, range, duration than the original), or none. If Eclipse was too strong, which was probably true, then replace it with Sleight of Hands (and Rhino Stomp for Roar). But don't randomly nerf stuff. This S#&$ only means they definitely WILL nerf the meta after the update is live, which will suck.

Now I was planning to put Blood Altar on tanks just for the lulz (just imagine Inaros tankiness), but I very well know it will be nerfed into the ground in two weeks or so. What's the freaking point then.

What did people expect, this system is garbage, making future reworks even more problematic since they NOW have to also count in how it will work with Helmith.

They keep shoving in "content" makign it harder on them without there team growing to be able to handle all, on top of Covid still going on and not having full acces to there workplace.

Helmith and Deimos feels like a emergency plan since Duvari Paradox we not even hear anythign of anymore. Another blant open world with blant bountys and some more gimmicks which won't do much outside it's own conent again like Eidolon with AMP  and Fortuna with Orbs like the Archwing dispenser.

This will so fail since it trys to mix to much things and will cause trouble, guess what will happen despite weaker versions already, people will find OP metas and DE in response won't nerf just the Helmith ability but the main one it is based on because it is easier to tweak such right? Like they always do. People exploit metas and then people who not use it suffer from it due nerfs, Warframe in a nutshell.

On top of new frames counted in and or making ones that fill a role lore wise and not just some "cool" concept like we goten with the latest frames they tryingto fix wih Leviran which is poor as it is, if i want to read or listen i buy a audiobook and not play a game, Leviran lacks visuals. Something i fear with this system aswell, some blant explanation why we use it.

While Ordis allows it still despite clearly worried about it all the time and suddnely its room changes and the bed vanishes, this shows that DE clearly makes things up as they go, nothing is planned long on, look at Railjack promises and Lichs, still both not mixed and dropped already and them moving on to the next.

I would be more excited if I knew how some abilities, like Nourish Strike, Thermal Sunder and other abilities that require another ability or some meter functionality will work.

Also, some abilities have synergy which may or may not work properly, or perhaps not work at all or as advertised, again, Nourish Strike, as mentioned here:

Im still fine with it. When they announced it was only going to be certain abilities, and the ones they showed were both first abilitities i was less interested. Now the revealed lists has stuff im interested in more.

Generally im not looking at this as an 'make my warframes more op' system, but rather a 'replace abilities i never even use with some i might use' system. For example, i never bother with mesas' balistic battery. But maybe something that gives her some CC would be good.

Eh, no, I don't mind, these nerfs are more like the Bramma nerf, not really touching what makes it attractive in the first place if you a bit deeper, but it makes people consider other options at least. And better they do it now, before it goes live.

If a build really needs a damage buff (and in fact not many do), they will still do their thing even if slashed in half. Dispenser duration is not really an issue, Defy is not picked for its armor buff and larva range, even at 50%, is plenty for most rooms.

So, yeah, still excited!

Im still excited because I was never going to use things like larva or a damage buff because thats so bland to me. Turning every frame into "just an extra button to press or facing a choke then pressing a button over and over like every frame is nidus" does not appeal to me regardless of how strong it is. Because really, the last thing we need on a lot frames is more damage.

I pefsonally dont get excited just to deal more generic damage for 0 effort. It feels like a complete waste of a system. Thats not to say to avoid anything that buffs that damage but the abilities Im going for will likely be there to serve multiple purposes and at least offer more than just a damage boost.

Definitely, I wasn't in it for 'give the most generic damage buff to every frame' so most of what I want to try is still untouched and on the table.

That said, I'm a lot less likely to discuss combinations that I think will be good, as apparently that's their method of working out what to prenerf.

Archived