Still Excited for Subsuming?

3 hours ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

I would be more excited if I knew how some abilities, like Nourish Strike, Thermal Sunder and other abilities that require another ability or some meter functionality will work.

Also, some abilities have synergy which may or may not work properly, or perhaps not work at all or as advertised, again, Nourish Strike, as mentioned here:

Ehh somebody remembered it 😄

No, I'm not. Ever since I saw  the ability list, I knew it was going to be trash.

Roar and Warcry, as excited as people are for them, are EXTREMELY BORING ABILITIES. They give you a stat boost and nothing else, they are the least interesting part of the game and they are not only overrated, they are pointless if you have strong weapons.

Trust me, as someone who probably has somewhere near a thousand hours on an umbra-strength Rhino alone, Roar is something I rarely bother or need to use. It provides very little entertainment to the game. I use Rhino because he makes me immune to all the crowd control.

I'm not saying it to deny people these abilities, if you think you'll have fun with them, I'm very happy for you. My problem is that DE gives us the most bland trash from every frame they could possibly pick, because they're scared that someone might make an overpowered build with tidal surge or charge from some crazy combo.

Them nerfing Larva is a kick in the gut, it absolutely needs all the range it can get, otherwise it's pointless to even take. I know one guy that even spent plat in advance on a Nidus because of it (and the grind is pretty terrible).

I thought this system was supposed to be a fun reward. Turns out, it's another half-assed system that they're scared to give to us, because we might break their precious game and fragile egos.

• Like 2

So let me get this straight. 

we can't subsume ultimate abilities, we can't pick which abilities we want out of the other three, and the handful of abilities that would be great on other frames are now getting nerfed.

do i have this right ?....this is idiotic and they should not nerf those abilities and let us enjoy our creativity of how we use the abilities.

I mean FFS i'm playing steel path and i do most of it solo and having new abilities on frames could make it a bit easier.

• Like 3

Personally I’m not fan for this while I’ll give DE props and credit  that it was a very creative idea that creates variety. The thing I don’t like about it is that every ability that a warframe has is unique to the warframes personality. Switching the abilities in my veiw kills the uniqueness and identity of the warframes. I’m excited for the new open world and the updates itself but not really for Subsuming. Instead DE should buff the weaker and ineffective abilities instead.

Edited by (NSW)JJA209
  • Like 1

I still don't understand if you have to subsume a frame every time you want that ability in a different frame. Because that becomes pure insanity...

Edited by bibmobello

In general, I was never excited for this system. As soon as they said it'd only be one ability from each frame, they would pick it, and we could only have 1 swapped ability at a time... I lost interest. Either make it a "build-a-bear workshop" or don't bother at all. And I completely understand why they wouldn't do that, so I don't see the point in the system at all. As some have opined, it seems like a band-aid for poor abilities instead of properly reworking what needs reworked. Now, with some abilities functioning differently, or less powerfully, it's going to lead to even more balancing problems going forward as they have to balance two versions of many of these abilities.

I've read the dev workshop. I've watched the streams where they talked about the system. And I still for the life of me cannot understand exactly what they were trying to accomplish with this. The system does not let us lego-frame, it doesn't let us customize in the manner that players intend when they say "customizable warframe abilities", it only lets us trade one frame ability for one ability from a curated list, and some of those on the list dont even work as well as their originals. Some of the abilities on the list aren't even all that interesting: I used to play Oberon quite a lot and from what I experienced, and saw, no one plays Oberon for Smite: all his builds are built around Hallowed Ground and Renewal. So, it's highly unlikely that anyone one is going to swap in Smite vs something like Roar or Warcry or Breach Surge, etc... Though, I might drop Smite on my Oberon and pick up Well of Life, making Oberon a better healer and support frame than he is now.

Someone mentioned that Nekros is practically worthless except for Desecrate, and in my experience that holds more or less true. One ability, of Four, is actually useful. Being able to swap for an ability from another frame isn't going to make him less useless: he still has two more worthless abilities that need swapped out as well, but can't be. Nekros has exactly one use for me: Defense and Survival with my gaming partner on a Pilfering Khora. Otherwise, he never gets used and this system isn't going to change that.

I'm glad I enjoy playing Nezha and Titiania with their default kits: this system has nothing for me.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Personally I’m not fan for this while I’ll give DE props and credit  that it was a very creative idea that creates variety. The thing I don’t like about it is that every ability that a warframe has is unique to the warframes personality. Switching the abilities in my veiw kills the uniqueness and identity of the warframes. I’m excited for the new open world and the updates itself but not really for Subsuming.

ya know you could just not do this moving abilities around on warframes then. 

1 minute ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

I know that I can choose to and not. This merely just a criticism of subsuming.

oh yeah i understand and hell i'm trying to make the best of this news.

i don't know how bad the nerfs will be to the abilities but i do know i'm gonna be real picky about what frames i subsume because each one you do its still a day you gotta wait to get the ability.

7 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

I still don't understand if you have to subsume a frame every time you want that ability in a different frame. Because that becomes pure insanity...

You subsume the warframe once and can put its ability on any amount of frames you want, as many times as you want, as long as you pay the material cost to do so (feeding the mouth).

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

Hey garbage?Do you like to use mesa right? Put cloak arrow and you can shot everything without aiming or being hit (but if they release new enemies able to see invisible frames)!!!

Hey I didn't say they were *all* garbage. Just several of them. Im glad there's some good ones left alone but some of the garbage ones are still garbage.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA:

Hey I didn't say they were *all* garbage. Just several of them. Im glad there's some good ones left alone but some of the garbage ones are still garbage.

Dont say it too loud or they'll swap Ivara's arrows for Navigator due to the arrows being a "signature ability" and nerf the buff-augment ones from Volt and Oberon for being the next best meta picks 🙄😬

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

Dont say it too loud or they'll swap Ivara's arrows for Navigator due to the arrows being a "signature ability" and nerf the buff-augment ones from Volt and Oberon for being the next best meta picks 🙄😬

Yes that's the reason every time i play with someone they ask me why ivara can deal 99% damage and (MR29 with tons of formas on it)mesa 1%(because prowl bonus+headshot+12X navigator+empowered quiver+piercing navigator+faction mods can kill "almost" everything in game). The only useless ability ivara has it's noise arrow (and in fact they gave them to everyone) and the artemis bow being a bit weak but not being properly useless. Cloak arrow on every frame means breaking the game.

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

way: If Shy is able to take yet another TennoCon Demo like she did the railjack ones and just beep over features with a big red X because you didn't put them in the game, then TennoCon is just one giant Conjob. I don't want this system to be another emotional letdown to deal with again.

THIS is what i think of when i think of TennoCon at this point: 

way: If Shy is able to take yet another TennoCon Demo like she did the railjack ones and just beep over features with a big red X because you didn't put them in the game, then TennoCon is just one giant Conjob. I don't want this system to be another emotional letdown to deal with again.

THIS is what i think of when i think of TennoCon at this point: 

And there you have it folks. If this YouTuber can squeeze content out of nitpicking things then obviously DE is incompetent. 

Here's a novel idea. Why don't you play an update and decide for yourself if it's enjoyable. "Promises" or not, players should judge Helminth based on what they themselves find enjoyable. Not if some YouTuber thinks they have enough material to rant about for a half hour.

1 hour ago, Smilomaniac said:

Roar and Warcry, as excited as people are for them, are EXTREMELY BORING ABILITIES. They give you a stat boost and nothing else, they are the least interesting part of the game and they are not only overrated, they are pointless if you have strong weapons.

Well Melee speed increase can save quite a lot of weapons that are way too painful to play without (imo), or way too underpowered if you have to slap Berserk+Fury

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

Well Melee speed increase can save quite a lot of weapons that are way too painful to play without (imo), or way too underpowered if you have to slap Berserk+Fury

Yes, which is why I wrote strong weapons. Sure, they can help make up for bad/fun choices I agree.

I'm as excited as before since I didnt expect Roar or WC to be part of the subsuming. The balance done to them also makes sense, since the system doesnt force us to give up a #3 skill to fit in Roar for instance. I'll likely use Roar on the frames I intended to use it on when it was revealed as a subsume. Larva may not be used as much, but that depend how much of a range reduction it recieves. It will likely still end up in my Khora build, but may not see use in builds where I have no extra range stat. Dispensery nerf doesnt matter to me, the duration is still long enough on the frames I'll use it.

I'm glad they decided to tweak the numbers before release instead of after, less crying regarding "but mah forma!" or whatever similar thing people can complain about with Helminth and nurfs.

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Hypernaut1:

And there you have it folks. If this YouTuber can squeeze content out of nitpicking things then obviously DE is incompetent. 

Here's a novel idea. Why don't you play an update and decide for yourself if it's enjoyable. "Promises" or not, players should judge Helminth based on what they themselves find enjoyable. Not if some YouTuber thinks they have enough material to rant about for a half hour.

Being able to put a fat red X on about 80% of features shown and explicitly discussed is not "nitpicking". Go ahead, compare the Railjack Demos to what we got. Compare the original vision of a "Kingpin System" to the TennoCon Demo, to the Release Version, to the "final" state in the game with the second wave of weapons being added. Not even Ubisoft downgrade what they show that much xD

Which is why i was so incredibly happy about this year's reveal being much smaller in scale and much closer to release - and yet even with less than a month before a pre-delayed release date apparently it's still possible to overpromise and subsequently pull a pre-release nerf. At this point how am i supposed to be anything BUT cynical about what's shown in these Demos? It never arrives onto my harddrive as discussed!

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

Being able to put a fat red X on about 80% of features shown and explicitly discussed is not "nitpicking". Go ahead, compare the Railjack Demos to what we got. Compare the original vision of a "Kingpin System" to the TennoCon Demo, to the Release Version, to the "final" state in the game with the second wave of weapons being added. Not even Ubisoft downgrade what they show that much xD

Which is why i was so incredibly happy about this year's reveal being much smaller in scale and much closer to release - and yet even with less than a month before a pre-delayed release date apparently it's still possible to overpromise and subsequently pull a pre-release nerf. At this point how am i supposed to be anything BUT cynical about what's shown in these Demos? It never arrives onto my harddrive as discussed!

It is. I saw the railjack video. Watched it maybe once or two times more. When it was released, I just played the updated. I didn't go back to a 2 year old video to MAKE myself disappointed and rant. Criticise what's released, not rage about what's not. 

Those videos are garbage and low effort. 

Things don't always match their development video. That shouldn't be a suprise to gamers. 

6 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

When DE announced the system, I was very much looking forward to it. "Some Warframes don't have a single useless ability, a couple options will be amazing!"

With the Dev-Workshop, the hype only increased. "I can get amazing abilities like Larva on my favorite Warframe? Dispenser to satiate my hunger for energy?!"

Now that I have farmed and built all those Warframes, after being excited and planning what abilities to use on which Warframe: "Oh sorry, we didn't mean to actually give you good abilities. You will still be able to use them, but they will be worse than the original."

And with that Helminth went straight from "Omg, this is so exciting!" to "I guess I can replace useless garbage with something I might actually use."

Most of the useless garbage will still be better because at least there will be a synergy or two within the kit.

The devs are nerfing all the stuff that either has synergy outside its original kit, or just does what it does well independently of the rest of the kit. That's the only stuff that was ever going to be worth using in the Helminth system. Devs don't know how their own game works, but I sure seem to know how the devs work: I predicted the system was going to be useless for this exact reason, and they're going out of their way to ensure that's the case by snuffing out the few abilities that might actually stand above the rest.

I'm not excited for anything they're doing now.

• Like 3
vor 2 Minuten schrieb Hypernaut1:

It is. I saw the railjack video. Watched it maybe once or two times more. When it was released, I just played the updated. I didn't go back to a 2 year old video to MAKE myself disappointed and rant. Criticise what's released, not rage about what's not. 

Those videos are garbage and low effort. 

Things don't always match their development video. That shouldn't be a suprise to gamers. 

And at that point showing off big annual demos to 250k+ viewers and not delivering on it is exactly why i slammed it as a Conjob, false advertising, call it whatever you want. Deliberately making "reveal" presentations of stuff you don't deliver is not okay. Fortuna was saved by excellent lore, music, character writing and landscape. Railjack was not saved by its beautiful skyboxes because of just how utterly broken it was. The Old Blood was SO far away from the original vision i don't even think you can still call it a kingpin system, it's a "Weapon farm with 4 hours of extra high level missions pressing X" system.

I'm now very very worried HoD is going to be more Old Blood or Railjack levels of "not as shown" than Fortuna levels of "not as shown". Doesn't mean i think it will have NO good aspects, i'm still 100% convinced i'll love the lore, landscape and new enemies. But how long is that going to keep me interested it their biggest reward structure reveal EVER just got gutted before it even released?

For a demo that set out to NOT overpromise, this was a failure already.

• Like 4