Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hot take: it makes zero sense to use the most OP loadouts/builds/frames/rivens/arcanes imaginable and then turn around and complain that warframe is too easy or we're too powerful.

(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

Also should point out that I started gate tanking with Banshee as well. Took off Adaptaion and am using armor strip mod.

its a smart move for me because I already have her fully umbralled out with 2300ish effective hp, so whenever I get in the red with a lot of S#&$ going on around me, casting her 1 resets her shield gate with a Decaying Dragon Key equipped. Plus aim it in the direction of the most S#&$ going on is a smart move that I should have been doing anyway.

Playing this way in steel path really trained me how I should have been using banshee all along, but the challenge just wasn’t there.

And ofc she has silence so moving around the map is no issue.

On 2020-08-23 at 8:50 AM, (PS4)Yggranya said:

I wouldn't even call it a "combat system". It IS nothing but spamming buttons, because the enemies can't do anything but stun-lock you or get stun-locked by you. That's why all big enemies/bosses stagger you with every melee hit they make, so you wouldn't be able to melee them. Pointless, as then you just run in circles and shoot them until they die. Ugh.

Anyone can use deconstructive arguments to sound logical but it doesn't make it so. 

People spam E because they dont want to use the other combos for whatever reason. 

You can choose to use different combos for tactical or CC reasons. 

Just because you're not capable of understanding this doesn't mean "the combat system is spamming E".

Also, you seem to not even be aware you can mod yourself/use abilities to avoid or mitigate the number of stagger and pushbacks you encounter, which is once again, your lack of knowledge and has nothing to do with the game. 

46 minutes ago, Hokibukisa said:

Also should point out that I started gate tanking with Banshee as well. Took off Adaptaion and am using armor strip mod.

its a smart move for me because I already have her fully umbralled out with 2300ish effective hp, so whenever I get in the red with a lot of S#&$ going on around me, casting her 1 resets her shield gate with a Decaying Dragon Key equipped. Plus aim it in the direction of the most S#&$ going on is a smart move that I should have been doing anyway.

Playing this way in steel path really trained me how I should have been using banshee all along, but the challenge just wasn’t there.

And ofc she has silence so moving around the map is no issue.

interesting, i have to use her 2, as her one doesn't fill my shields with the dragon key equipped 

5 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

I realized later i had the wrong dmg mods lol. Still though, thats basically the game for me lately.

The emissary was worse and i was in a public group. 😬

Try this, Nyx with 125% for using 2nd ability, Redeemer built for crit dmg/corrosive and you can 1 shot each of his phases. The mission takes about 3 minutes with the only annoyance using temporal blast on the manics to slow them down to kill them easily.

14 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

interesting, i have to use her 2, as her one doesn't fill my shields with the dragon key equipped 

It takes 150% from brief respite and 160% from augur. I use message and reach on banshee and a stat stick pistol with the other two augur mods.

but yeah easiest to work it into you playstyle/build with just brief respite and cast a 50 energy ability.

2 minutes ago, Hokibukisa said:

It takes 150% from brief respite and 160% from augur. I use message and reach on banshee and a stat stick pistol with the other two augur mods.

but yeah easiest to work it into you playstyle/build with just brief respite and cast a 50 energy ability.

Stat stick pistol, well I learned something new 🙃

looter shooter, such as warframe, is built on two mechanics: looting and shooting (duh).

If I have to forgo half the point of the game, ergo the rewards, to make the shooting even slightly enjoyable, there's a massive issue with game design. Suggesting that the current situation is normal or desirable is beyond ridiculous. Especially when a game that advertises itself as a "fast-paced, space ninja experience" devolves into "standing still and letting AoE/CC deactivate enemies". 

I, and many others, come here for the breakneck union of firearms, melee and abilities, not the sleep-inducing "camp in a spot spamming 4 and E to shorten the unbearable grind, until I have nothing more to grind and leave".

3 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Anyone can use deconstructive arguments to sound logical but it doesn't make it so. 

People spam E because they dont want to use the other combos for whatever reason. 

You can choose to use different combos for tactical or CC reasons. 

Just because you're not capable of understanding this doesn't mean "the combat system is spamming E".

Also, you seem to not even be aware you can mod yourself/use abilities to avoid or mitigate the number of stagger and pushbacks you encounter, which is once again, your lack of knowledge and has nothing to do with the game. 

Using different combos is still just spamming, melee has nothing else. Some stances have CC on every combo, so you don't need to press anything but a single button and you still just mash the button as the only way to fight is to do as much damage as possible.

I wonder if you have ever played a game with an actual combat system. I can just use atlas and be immune to all stagger and knockdowns but that just negates what little combat there might be as you could use dodges/blocks to avoid/counter the enemy attacks. "it's a horde shooter!" Yes, it is. Doesn't mean it needs to be dull if DE was willing to try.

Not to mention that i tried meleeing protea and died to some 3-4 hits from its melee with nidus. Also super powerful bleeding effect that standing in ravenous didn't help much. Why bother trying?

3 hours ago, Hokibukisa said:

Yeah dude there’s a lot of math involved trying to figure out what works. Channeled abilities don’t seem to restore shields.

so this would be hard to pull off on non-cc frames, so it works fine on nyx most of the time. Nyx’s problem is moving around, so I’m actually planning on putting Silence onto her.

if protea doesn’t have CC you might consider resonator, as I’ve already tried gate tanking on Octavia with the same strategy while ONLY using resonator and Amp (no invis) and had no issues, except when moving from area to area.

If Protea DOES have cc, then yeah try gate tanking and maybe silence for moving around the map.

I'm not sure about all those terms, but her 1st & 2nd ability is Crowd controlling. Especially her 2nd (Blaze artillery) stun enemies a lot (if not kill them). With her 3rd (Dispensary) & Arcane Eruption will knockdown enemies.

Archived