Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to match the materials to the original skin?

ZENGFRAME

Hey dudes, I'm working on a helmet, but somebody told me that the materials of my helmet didn't match to the original skin.

How can I deal with it? Just observe the channel(diffuse, roughness,etc) and than fix them little by little? 

What about the dust or scratch marks?

EomPByA.png

il y a une heure, ZENGFRAME a dit :

How can I deal with it? Just observe the channel(diffuse, roughness,etc) and than fix them little by little?

Yep
Same goes for dirt and scratches. It don't need to perfecty fit, but a list keeping the same tone on each channel, so it doesn't look off.
If you look at the Excalibur Arturius helmet or Mag Induction helmets, they have a more "stylised look" because of the cleaner materials and less scratches/dirt, bu they still fit because the overall tone on each chanel fits.

If you are not using substance painter and still want to add details, you can try to cut parts of the diffuse map from the original skin and and place them on yours.

16小时前 , lukinu_u 说:

Yep
Same goes for dirt and scratches. It don't need to perfecty fit, but a list keeping the same tone on each channel, so it doesn't look off.
If you look at the Excalibur Arturius helmet or Mag Induction helmets, they have a more "stylised look" because of the cleaner materials and less scratches/dirt, bu they still fit because the overall tone on each chanel fits.

If you are not using substance painter and still want to add details, you can try to cut parts of the diffuse map from the original skin and and place them on yours.

Thank you so much!

Archived