Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I do with Revenant? ;-;

Samhel

I mean... I have plenty of time in Warframe, MR27 and I got revenant years ago. But I could not really figure out what to do with him... Only thing I can do is use his 2. ability and just use my melee weapon or use my 2. and 4. but melee is faster. Allies can kill my thralls, my 3. doesn't really do much without the thralls however, and the ult's overshield giving function becomes unnecessary when 2. is being used. And the 3. ability's healing function becomes useless as well because of the 2. or the overshield from the ult if anyone ever took advantage of that. Lots of unconnected things and I just couldn't wrap my head around them. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make him more "fun" or his abilities useful? Mods, weapons and arcanes aren't a problem if I need anything special, but I really want to play this cool looking frame in a more unique way. Pressing just one ability after charges run out becomes boring very easily...

In before a certain forum user sees the Revenant signal in the sky and comes to tell you you should just delete him because he is straight trash, but also too OP and needs to be nerfed. And btw would you like to hear about how he doesn't think Revenant fits the Eidolon theme? 

He fits a more solo play style but can be great help in groups in mobile/def as you can turn a choke point into choas. And thralls are meant to die so allies killing thralls don't impact you as much as every thralls drop a pillar on death that does damage and converts more thralls letting you make the enemy focus on your tralls than the objective

Of course theres the all mighty nuke combos you have. Stun with mesmer, entrhall and reave and you'll basically chunk most of the enemies health since reave does true damage and percentage off the enemies health make him one the best lich killers

On first read it sounds like you got Revenant somewhat figured out . 🤔

But if you are looking for a place where Revenant can perform well, it's the Index. Mostly because of his #2.

Enemies in the Index scale up over time, but mesmer charges completely nullify their damage and stuns them for a respectable duration. Another big advantage Revenant has in the Index is the restricted number of enemies present, so his Mesmer Skin doesn't get overwhelmed within seconds.

Revenant aces the Index to the moon and back and is 100% viable for solo Prodman runs, if you want that poster decoration. Though granted there is also a Trinity build circulating out there that is a contender.

28 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

In before a certain forum user sees the Revenant signal in the sky and comes to tell you you should just delete him because he is straight trash, but also too OP and needs to be nerfed. And btw would you like to hear about how he doesn't think Revenant fits the Eidolon theme? 

I have been summoned

I use Revenent mostly for Mobile Defense and Rescue. While I know there are frames that can do it better, I find it rather enjoyable to start a fight among the defenders and just stand there and watch them duke it out. It also makes getting the capture target out of the prison area pretty easy when the Wardens are attacking everyone else. And Mesmer skin means I don't get hurt or CC'd in the process.

44 minutes ago, (NSW)Kokojo said:

I have been summoned

No. You answered the wrong call.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Max him for MR, throw him in the arsenal, play any other Warframe. It’s literally the most optimal way to play him.

There he is.

His Thralls got a major boost. So I just build them now. Allies kill them but the vortex they leave behind now converts others into thralls.

i don’t think thrall is his best move but it’s his only unique move so if your going to play him I would do that. Duration and range. Feel free to just spawn and kill 1 let the chaos start.

2 hours ago, elmetnuter said:

His mechanics come to life in survival missions. He is kind of like Nidus for me. His kit synergize really well when there is a lot of mobs to play with.

Yes he can survive easily till you don't find hundred of enemies with automatic guns.

2 hours ago, StormWolf1337 said:

Then you haven't been using him properly, his 2 is a boss humiliation button, his 1 is a mega-debuff and his 4 is a nuke for everything and especially those that're debuffed.

There isn't a single boss in game that Revenant cannot completely humiliate.

I bet You haven't seen trinity 2 with the augmented...

17 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Yes he can survive easily till you don't find hundred of enemies with automatic guns.

Indeed, normal MOT is perfectly fine but Steel Path MOT is not for him. He looses his Mesmer Skin stacks really fast because of the gunners and get one shot by a bombard. And that happens too fast to be able to use Rolling Guard invincibility frame constantly.

11 minutes ago, elmetnuter said:

Indeed, normal MOT is perfectly fine but Steel Path MOT is not for him. He looses his Mesmer Skin stacks really fast because of the gunners and get one shot by a bombard. And that happens too fast to be able to use Rolling Guard invincibility frame constantly.

The worst case is in arbitration with drones , he will lose all his skins immediately. Generally with rolling guard you don't have any problem if you remember to refresh it.

3 minutes ago, elmetnuter said:

You're mistaken. Having solo'd all of T4 Void in Steel Path with Revenant, I had no problem with him in Mot in Steel Path. He's perfectly fine in Steel Path.

The arm chair Revenant experts (not necessarily you) like to imagine they understand Revenant by playing him for 20 minutes and reading the Warframe wiki about his abilities. They always miss the dot... it's always these vacuum scenarios about enemies with automatic rifles or Moas or whatever... they always forget about the stun effect, the fact that most enemies generally have bad accuracy, and that Revenant players are going to leverage his Enthrall.

I mean, let's be real... look at all these enemies with automatic rifles not shooting at me in Steel Path *gasp*

Spoiler

Em83IGY.jpg

That's how you play him in that picture. You don't walk into Steel Path Corpus Ship Survival (because that's actually harder than Mot for Revenant) and just use Mesmer Skin. That's not how you play him. But by all means, continue to perpetuate complete nonsense about Mesmer Skin based on mistaken gameplay or lack of any real experience whatsoever with Revenant.

2 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

The worst case is in arbitration with drones , he will lose all his skins immediately.

He clearly need a mechanic that refresh his Mesmer Skin like Nova has one to refresh for her 1. You can refresh one Mesmer Skin stack by Reaving through a Thrall but... In high density missions, that will make you Reaves constantly and still loosing the stack fast anyway: not a solution.

8 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

The worst case is in arbitration with drones , he will lose all his skins immediately.

Yeah... sure. But let's remember that arbitration drones do not magically nullify enemies currently under Enthrall. So if you're playing solo and you're playing him right, you're usually going to have a small collection of minions to distract enemies that are otherwise under the protection of arbitration drones.

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

You're mistaken. Having solo'd all of T4 Void in Steel Path with Revenant, I had no problem with him in Mot in Steel Path. He's perfectly fine in Steel Path.

The arm chair Revenant experts (not necessarily you) like to imagine they understand Revenant by playing him for 20 minutes and reading the Warframe wiki about his abilities. They always miss the dot... it's always these vacuum scenarios about enemies with automatic rifles or Moas or whatever... they always forget about the stun effect, the fact that most enemies generally have bad accuracy, and that Revenant players are going to leverage his Enthrall.

I mean, let's be real... look at all these enemies with automatic rifles not shooting at me in Steel Path *gasp*

Reveal hidden contents

Em83IGY.jpg

That's how you play him in that picture. You don't walk into Steel Path Corpus Ship Survival (because that's actually harder than Mot for Revenant) and just use Mesmer Skin. That's not how you play him. But by all means, continue to perpetuate complete nonsense about Mesmer Skin based on mistaken gameplay or lack of any real experience whatsoever with Revenant.

Hola! What? I suck at Revenant? I am the fist to know. I did not come here to spread misinformation, I am describing what I experienced in my limited play time with him.

19 minutes ago, nslay said:

Yeah... sure. But let's remember that arbitration drones do not magically nullify enemies currently under Enthrall. So if you're playing solo and you're playing him right, you're usually going to have a small collection of minions to distract enemies that are otherwise under the protection of arbitration drones.

i played revenant even in SP mot for 1  hour with a random guy probably testing how strong his valkyr is, dying 3  or 4 times, i had a revenant with 1 forma and a 3 mods on twin krokur (level 0) killing half his enemies , dying 0 times and 0 damage received. It' has a pretty easy mechanics , using rolling guard refresh his skin. Tried solo in SP kuva destruction till 6 waves i died once and a i sweated a bit because i didn't have any energy mod on him but i can kill everything with one or 2 hits.

yes his 1 helps a lot during some situations,if you have some formas on it, i don't. There is nothing complicated about him, it's not equinox with 8 different abilities  to remember .

WHy should i  make all this potpuri with Revenant to play solo when i can just use ivara and smoking a cigarette?

Just now, bibmobello said:

WHy should i  make all this purpuri with Revenant to play solo when i can just use ivara and smoking a cigarette?

i played revenant evn in SP mot for 1  hour with a random guy probably testing how strong valkyr is dying 3  or 4 times, i had a revenant with 1 forma and a 3 mod on twin krokur (level 0) killing half his enemies , o damage received. It' has a pretty easy mechanics , using rolling guard refresh his skin. Tried solo in kuva destruction till 6 waves i died once and a i sweated a bit because i didn't have any energy mod on him but i can kill everything with one or 2 hits.

Good. Play Ivara and smoke a cigarette then. More power to you! I think that's great! You can still manage a lot with Revenant even in counter-intuitive scenarios like the one you mention. And sure, if you are caught without some Thralls in a solo Corpus arbitration, you could be in a lot of trouble (you're actually probably more in trouble from Comba/Scrambus bugs than arbitration drones). That said, as long as you can maintain some thralls, you can workaround those annoying drones.

Yeah, I never got into Rolling Guard, though I think it's a good choice. I use Natural Talent instead. Jump casting Mesmer Skin with a cast speed mod seems to do the trick for me... and it makes the rest of his kit feel much better.

Archived