Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let us have Dojo NPCs

Dronecon

I don't see this talked about very often, but I always thought it would be awesome to have NPCs that could be put in the Dojo. I wanted to put up a request for this, a couple of ideas, and give others who also share an interest in having Dojo NPCs. My first idea is that the NPCs would have three "modes" you can put them in.

The first would be a stand still mode, were in they will, obviously, stand still, and you can apply any animation that specific model has. (example; the solaris workers hammering a way in Fortuna, or the charger bashing on the glass in the Red Vail room) The next mode would be wandering, where the would sandbox around the room, and this would also play into my second idea, which will be stated further down. The Third mode would be a pre designated routine mode, in which once you enable it the NPC will disappear and you will be put in their place, after which you'll have your weapons enabled, and your double jump, bullet jump, and wall run\cling disabled (exceptions can be made for the last one, such as those new infested that can walk on walls an ceilings) in this state as you go around the room doing things your actions will be recorded, and at anytime if you return to the starting point, which will be marked, you can stop and the actions you took in that state will be repeated in a loop by the NPC. (potential extra idea. You could have your abilities reenabled, but have them be the abilities of that NPC instead)

The second idea I had was to make interaction points, spots at which NPCs that are wandering or on a routine could interact with something and be able to have set animations play. This would allow for a NPC to add more life to a build without having to be a blank slate wandering aimlessly or somebody who stands there all day every day doing the exact same thing. I should note that this and the wander mode were more just ideas based around wanting something between having to chart out routines yourself and having to just let an NPC sit there.

The third idea I had was to make it so that NPCs could serve a functional purpose, such as being able to work on a room or research project to speed them up, or being able to be a sort of third party for the merchants around the different lobbies, allowing you to buy from those merchants through a NPC in your Dojo.

The fourth and final idea I had was to make it so that there are vehicles that the NPCs could interact with. This would be something like the hover platforms in the drydock. I don't have many ideas on how this might work, but it would be cool to see non the less.

All right, that's all the ideas I've got for now. Tell me what you think down in the comments, and post some of your own ideas, as I'd love to hear them. Stay safe fellow Tenno!

• 3 months later...

I'd like to have Dojo NPCs in other than the drydock. But I think the walking ones will be hard to work on since those cleaning drones is still wonky(forgot the right word) when you put them in your dojo. 

I agree with the animation/poses/emotes though since I feel like dojo will still feel lifeless if they just stand there like statues.

The interaction thing is also good

Im not sure with your third and forth idea, since the latter will also have the problem I stated at the beginning(if those will be moving).

Now for my idea for what kind/faction of NPCs are Ostrons, the Solaris people, Red Veil and the other NPCs in the relays, Converted Kuva Lich, or NPC model of the members of that clan.

34 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

They said in an old devstream that they didn't want to because some players would put them in "suggestive" poses

Worst excuse I heard them make so far.

You can abuse anything. You could make symbols or curse words out of anything in the dojo or use the already existing statues over there for the exact thing mentioned.

Spam or flood the chat, insult people etc.

Using limbo, loki, titania etc. to abuse, you could refuse to extract on speed run relic maps. What if I used the 'g' key to mark a standard item as a joke?

I mean really what can't you mess with if you wanted to.

By that logic we really need to shut the whole game down, because somewhere there might be someone doing something.

I'd rather have them say it like it is, "not a part of our priorities right now, sorry".

18 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Worst excuse I heard them make so far.

You can abuse anything. You could make symbols or curse words out of anything in the dojo or use the already existing statues over there for the exact thing mentioned.

There is a difference however between an inappropriate symbol, word or shape. And something that can be considered borderline XXX rated content. DE doesn’t want any sexual implications in the game. What people will say in chat is one thing and trolling in missions is nothing comparable.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

There is a difference however between an inappropriate symbol, word or shape. And something that can be considered borderline XXX rated content. DE doesn’t want any sexual implications in the game. What people will say in chat is one thing and trolling in missions is nothing comparable.

Is there? Sounds like the same thing to me.

What is the difference between "xxx" and "inappropiate symbol, word or shape". And are you saying it's okay to have a swastika on the wall of the dojo.

What if I ask in game chat if people found the loot at the 'g spot'? (if you know what that is lol) Or I named my kubrow "mike hunt"?

What if I crouch next to another player's crotch, while they do an emote dance?

What if I do erotic roleplaying at a relay in a private chat, with a guy claiming to be a 40-year-old truck driver from new jersey... and they turn out to be under 21?

Sounds like a really, really bad pr narrative that holds less water than a colander. So I call developer apologism on this one.

All that aside, if you really wanted to introduce ncps, there are any number of options you could take to prevent tampering with them.

Block the permission to craft items in a certain radius around them, remove user control over them, put them inside a room or a structure where you can't reach them etc.

Where did it even say, they had to give you the options to even open the door to make it possible to begin with?

3 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

They said in an old devstream that they didn't want to because some players would put them in "suggestive" poses

8bsA.gif

This makes no sense. First of all, why would you leave acess to manipulate in-game predefined animations? Second, why we have decorative NPCs in Dry Dock then?

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

have a swastika on the wall of the dojo.

What if I ask in game chat if people found the loot at the 'g spot'? (if you know what that is lol) Or I named my kubrow "mike hunt"?

What if I crouch next to another player's crotch, while they do an emote dance?

What if I do erotic roleplaying at a relay in a private chat, with a guy claiming to be a 40-year-old truck driver from new jersey... and they turn out to be under 21?

Well to start off:

1: swastikas didn’t belong to the nazis, they belong to Buddhists 

2: you can do both those things and be banned or forced to rename your kuburow respectively 

3: that’s not inherently inappropriate unless you intend it to be. Most places are crowded with ransoms so it can be attributed to the fact of you just being a weirdo.

4: that’s a private chat, DE doesn’t interfere with them unless they seriously infringe the rules. Even if they are under 21 you have no real way to know how old they are and even so there’s nothing that can be done about it, on top of the fact they lied and it’s not that uncommon either.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

If you cant stand the heat, stay out the dojo.

This is still a terrible excuse. Simply because you can combine any dojo piece to effectively create whatever you want. I could combine a bunch of pillars and grineer gas tanks and make a giant dong in the main hall.....whats the difference?

Not to mention dojos are largely a private affair. No ones ever going to see anything comical except you and your friends. Again. Who cares?

4 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

It's a bit of a weak excuse, especially considering DE regularly features Dojo decorations in "suggestive" poses. There are plenty of big tiddy anime waifus made out of decorations already. Just spawns some NPCs and let them roam around on their own, no placement needed. Maybe an NPC barracks room could be added as a prerequisite for NPC spawning.

1 hour ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

The fact of the matter is you are trying to shoot down a good suggestion by being a developer apologist, so don't come around town saying I don't have a point, when you are quite clearly not even debating.

Like I said, they should just be honest, that they don't have the time to spare with their resources or there isn't enough profit in it or whatever.

It's always an insult when people try to lie to your face, as if you don't deserve better. Just keep it real is all.

56 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

The fact of the matter is you are trying to shoot down a good suggestion by being a developer apologist, so don't come around town saying I don't have a point, when you are quite clearly not even debating.

Where did I say it was a bad idea? That I wanted to shoot down your suggestion? That you didn't have a point?

I'm waiting

7 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

"We don't want our players putting NPCs into suggestive poses"

Designs Warframes with massive codpieces and big bootys

Players create giant d***s and other naughty objects in Dojo anyways

Archived