Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Start With New Supporter Packs

[DE]Helen

People are getting really salty here! 😳💦

DE, you did such a great presentation of that upcoming content, people got hyped and even some old veterans and tubers announced coming back for the expansion.

You just can´t throw nerf after nerf at your community and expect them to be happy about it. Can´t you sort out those things before you announce them? Don´t you see that disappointed players are not good for your marketing?

Scrap that MR reduction, scrap those ability nerfs and instead buff those skills that are actually never used because they are BAD. It´s a game, let´s have fun! 

Steel path is hard enough to be a challenge even with an unnerfed Roar or Eclipse - as long as you can only have 1 of each offensive or defensive skills. Pump up that difficulty and leave the good skills alone. Rework those few really bad "donation" skills and make them good. The community can help, if you don´t have any ideas. And if this takes a while, so be it... 

8 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

what got nerfed?

Just abilities like Roar, Eclipse and a few others that got announced that they will be less powerful from helminth compared to their original versions because DE is expecting them to be the overwhelming majority of the picks.

Personally I'm not one to miss something I have never actually owned, but others were already salivating from the idea of throwing Roar on Mesa / other kill frames.

Maybe. Probably not though. I didn't buy the Empyrean Pack because of how bad Empyrean was on release and I didn't want to support or rather reward that kind of rushed out update quality. If it was a paid expansion in a different game I wouldn't have bought it either. Then I forgot about the pack and Empyrean is another island that feels abandoned after it was revised. No reason to support that.

In this case - considering the recent development - I'm also not sure if I want to support it yet and I'll rather wait to see how invested you guys are yourselves to make it a good and exciting constant part of the game before paying to support it. Why should I care to support the Helminth System (which is the main interest for me personally with this update) to make it great if you might not care as much as I do or rather follow a design philosophy I don't like. Seems only fair to me to not support something I don't like.

I'm just trying to explain why I'm rather cautious with spending my money on this right now. Do whatever you want. It's your game.

Cool and all but can someone at DE please address what's going on in the Dev Workshop thread regarding the Helminth changes. Maybe the nerfs can be understood but the MR requirement needs to be reverted. Otherwise it's just another system on top of another system that's given way too early in what's already overwhelming for early players. And maybe change the abilities regarded if there gonna be a problem. 

DE: Here is a thing that is going to piss off pretty much all our players and shows how disconnected we are with the game we are making (if you think capping any amount of armor is going to make people pick decoy, you have lost the plot).

Also DE: Here is a bunch of stuff for you to buy with REAL money.

22 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Just abilities like Roar, Eclipse and a few others that got announced that they will be less powerful from helminth compared to their original versions because DE is expecting them to be the overwhelming majority of the picks.

Personally I'm not one to miss something I have never actually owned, but others were already salivating from the idea of throwing Roar on Mesa / other kill frames.

sounds fair to me. Rhino still got his regular roar, so Mesa's weaker roar is not nerfed

50 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

c164063673c06376b71f1900529005eec8177870

Considering DE's $ #'rs have been down the last couple years, I would say there is a fair to middling chance it might work. In North America there is a saying, "Money talks and BullS#&$ walks". Translation, we have the money, give us crap, we walk away. Seems familiar does it not?

Great. Now non-prime stuff will cost real money as well. And you don't even support regional pricing. Thanks for the disappointing news. I was really looking forward to those revolver-style skins. Oh well. I'll be sure not to get excited about anything cosmetic from now on. I hate Path of Exile's monetization and now Warframe is turning into the same. GG DE.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Grimsley Clause said:

What is going on with the marketing, QA, and balancing departments right now?

Seems like all 3 have gone completely tone deaf.

DE as a company has been like this for awhile. It seems like no one is talking to each other. Why piss off fans a day before asking them to buy stuff? Madness.

Archived