Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Start With New Supporter Packs

[DE]Helen

As of the announcement of this pack, i've uninstalled the game (no one cares, i know).

Played this game for 5 to 6 years, fell in love with Warframe because it felt like a true f2p, and i was able to obtain everything in game, cosmetics included, without paying any real life money.

As of lately though, things have changed, between more and more island content updates, questionable nerfs and now real money or twitch prime exclusive cosmetics (i know prime accessories are obtainable only with real life money, but that's different), i feel like Warframe has lost its kind f2p soul and replaced it with questionable at best, predatory at worst marketing schemes.

I'll be removing myself from the game, since DE is no longer the company i've loved and respected since the early days of Warframe.

Best of luck to everyone.

I don't mind cosmetics at all being only purchasable with real money, you have to fund your game somehow, but tying these to specifically showing support for the Heart of Deimos, after just dropping that you were applying corner-case nerfs to Helminth subsumed abilities means I would never choose to show any support for this patch.

Abilities should not function differently on different frames, that's just another level of complexity and confusion, that in general you say you want to get away from, either choose different abilities to give, or withdraw the nerfs from these and buff other abilities in the system, but nerfing these abilities when you apply them to other frames is confusing and just feels bad, in general DE nerfs things WAY too much and WAY too often, it's really been sapping the fun out of the game.

1 час назад, Sylonus сказал:

I don't mind cosmetics at all being only purchasable with real money, you have to fund your game somehow,

You know plat is also cost real money and once you go into 5 digit numbers of platinum seeing $ only packs that beside cosmetics give also another batch of useless platinum is infuriating.

I would be way less mad if they sold for money just cosmetics excluding platinum , for me it is just a waste of money.

After the bad reception to the upcoming Helminth nerfs, I just hardly feel hyped for a cosmetic pack (and a very lackluster ephemera) with mandatory plat stuffed in to inflate the price AND make it a real-money purchase.

I'll wait to see any updates on the helminth situation, as well as this pack's IRL pricing.

1 hour ago, Kefirno said:

So, is this cash only or not? DE giving up on plat economy is not a good sign.

These types of packs have always been cash only. Been around for years. And, if you actually looked at what you get in them, you will see that you also are buying plat. Why would they let you pay plat for more plat?

Just now, SoulEchelon said:

And, if you actually looked at what you get in them, you will see that you also are buying plat. Why would they let you pay plat for more plat?

I mean, cosmetics purchasable for plat separately or in cash bundle with plat and other goodies as better all-in-one deal for those who also want plat. That's how sane devs usually do it.

Never paid attention to those bundles before, whenever cosmetic items caught my attention it was available for plat (except tennogen ofc).

Just now, Kefirno said:

I mean, cosmetics purchasable for plat separately or in cash bundle with plat and other goodies as better all-in-one deal for those who also want plat. That's how sane devs usually do it.

Never paid attention to those bundles before, whenever cosmetic items caught my attention it was available for plat (except tennogen ofc).

As stated: These packs - both with cosmetics and with plat - have been around for years. Nothing has changed other than what's being given in them. Now I will say I do hope the cosmetics are obtainable ingame as well, but if they aren't - they aren't. I give slight leniency here because this is a F2P game and the cosmetics have no direct effect on gameplay. If this was a full priced 60 dollar game or subscription-based mmo, I'd raise a pitchfork too.

6 minutes ago, ToaSirian said:

This is that Chinese monetization kicking in!!!!! I hope it never gets worse that this..

tenor.gif?itemid=5707607

Please read the above statement and educate yourself.

1 минуту назад, SoulEchelon сказал:

As stated: These packs - both with cosmetics and with plat - have been around for years. Nothing has changed other than what's being given in them. Now I will say I do hope the cosmetics are obtainable ingame as well, but if they aren't - they aren't.

Could you please remind me those , coz furthest PoE like supporter pack with exclusive mtx is empyryan one.
Previously there were starter packs with mods , boosters , plat and simple recolor skins.

Just now, Marmelade said:

Could you please remind me those , coz furthest PoE like supporter pack with exclusive mtx is empyryan one.
Previously there were starter packs with mods , boosters , plat and simple recolor skins.

Prime packs. They also cost real money and provide accessories, cosmetics, and plat. The community asked to have just the prime accessories be purchasable, which had DE introduce that pack into the mix as well.

53 минуты назад, SoulEchelon сказал:

Prime packs. They also cost real money and provide accessories, cosmetics, and plat. The community asked to have just the prime accessories be purchasable, which had DE introduce that pack into the mix as well.

Question here not about prime packs since no one have problems with them.

Give me solid examples of not prime packs.

15 minutes ago, Marmelade said:

Question here not about prime packs since no one have problems with them.

Give me solid examples of not prime packs.

Why? They're both cash only packs that provide accessories, plat, and cosmetics. One is focused on primed warframes and the others are focused on updates. You're trying to split a pea.

Только что, SoulEchelon сказал:

Why? They're both cash only packs that provide accessories, plat, and cosmetics. One is focused on primed warframes and the others are focused on updates. You're trying to split a pea.

no it's you who are avoiding answer, people here arguing that there is more direct cash packs as time goes on and your only defence here right now Prime packs existed.

Yes they(prime packs) existed and USD packs for each content patch and not Prime warframe did not and you constantly say here that they existed and bring as example prime packs.

When they added kuva liches they added expensive plat bundle with mivek armor that i like and happy with , now they add real money mtx with content patch and what i am supposed to do with tens of thousands of pebbles i have ? buy more of them with mtx for real money with nothing to spend on ? waiting on next real money pack or next twitch prime mtx i can't get ?

Just now, Marmelade said:

no it's you who are avoiding answer, people here arguing that there is more direct cash packs as time goes on and your only defence here right now Prime packs existed.

Yes they(prime packs) existed and USD packs for each content patch and not Prime warframe did not and you constantly say here that they existed and bring as example prime packs.

When they added kuva liches they added expensive plat bundle with mivek armor that i like and happy with , now they add real money mtx with content patch and what i am supposed to do with tens of thousands of pebbles i have ? buy more of them with mtx for real money with nothing to spend on ? waiting on next real money pack or next twitch prime mtx i can't get ?

I've already answered you. You're just refusing to accept my answer, and now you're beginning to sound incoherent. Let me spell it out for you as someone who has been here since before they even began issuing prime packs.

1. Prime packs have been around for years. They provided primed warframes, accessories, cosmetics, and plat.

2. Few years ago, due to community outcry, they began issuing primed accessories packs. These cost far less, but had only cosmetics.

3. The packs you suddenly have a problem with have also been around for quite some time, though not as long as the prime packs. Guess what they offer? Accessories, cosmetics, and plat. Just like the primed accessories packs. Only these packs are not themed around primed warframes - they're themed for certain updates.

All of these packs cost real money. Primed warframes can of course be obtained ingame. Primed accessories/cosmetics cannot. Same generally goes for these update packs, though - as stated in an earlier post - I do wish we can obtain them ingame through gameplay. Is this what you're getting at? You want the items in these packs for free? Well guess what - I do too. I want them through gameplay or, at the very least, through plat so I can do some ingame trading to get them. The difference between us however, is that I know how F2P monetization goes. Having the ability to trade cash currency means many of us also have the ability to get whatever we want in the ingame market "for free" so long as we play the game and trade. DE needs to push some sort of real, cash-only merchandise so they can keep turning a profit. That's the way this works here. Just be glad it's all cosmetic and not a pack of pay2win crap other games love to shove down their players' throats.

If you don't like these packs, that's perfectly fine. If you don't want to buy it, that's perfectly fine too. Personally, I've only bought one prime accessories pack and have never bought any other. Everything I've stated up until this point other than my opinion on F2P monetization has been information. That's it. You brought it upon yourself to randomly attack me for it in your now deleted posts. So kindly step off, you're legit barking up the wrong tree.

15 minutes ago, Marmelade said:

You again coming with prime packs and prime packs accessories and please don't assume you are playing way longer then me ) me not buying founder badge doesn't mean i did not play at that time. 

I see that you didn't read my whole post. Either read all of it or this conversation ends now.

Archived