Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Start With New Supporter Packs

[DE]Helen

Please don't steer noobs towards a pack with nidus in it. 

we have enough issues with player education and understanding of mechanics, how to mod, etc. giving them a frame that tanky at the beginning will kill any motivation for them to learn how to mod, how to pick the right frames for the right situations, etc. etc.

On 2020-08-20 at 5:06 PM, Airwolfen said:

So you'd rather have roar on your frame and then have it nerfed? Odd choice.

Because lets be honest here, most people were shocked roar even made the list because it was known it would be nerfed anyway if it was to make it in.

the problem isnt the nurf, its that instead of changing the power out for a different one, they kept it and nerfed 

and they said most powers would have a buff applied to them so that waisiting half a day building a frames parts, then 3 days crafting the frame then another full day sacrificing it, then dumping over 200k more resources, just to get a bad power would be bad 

think about that for a second, the nerf isnt the problem here, the nerf is the topping on a mud pie 

I am pretty disappointed that you guys started to focus on weapon SKINS over adding new weapons to the game, what happen to you guys in the past you were adding new weapons almost every second week, now you add only pretty much during big updates, which is a LOT less then in the past.

1 hour ago, Culaio said:

I am pretty disappointed that you guys started to focus on weapon SKINS over adding new weapons to the game, what happen to you guys in the past you were adding new weapons almost every second week, now you add only pretty much during big updates, which is a LOT less then in the past.

this 100%

Id rather not support a dev team that burns the hype train before the content has even relesed i mean it was one if not the most moronic idea that you guys have ever come up with not even letting the players play it and give there feed back on it and then tweeking it from there no you had to nerf it without player feedback

People who are complaining that Helminth abilities got nerfed need to grow up. You shouldn’t get but thier over something being needed before it has even been released.  It’s not like you spent any resources on it. Not to mention if anyone has been paying attention for the past few years in Warframe, if anything seems super op or powerful at first don’t get exited because it will be nerfed or changed. That’s just how balancing works, just like how the more popular a weapon is the weaker the rivers are and the less likely you are to get a good high stat. It’s how things like power creep and meta white knights are prevented 

9 hours ago, Culaio said:

Because production has slowed down now that their is som much in the game as well as having to constantly fix thing a on top of making more new and complex things

6 hours ago, (XB1)toughdragon17 said:

Id rather not support a dev team that burns the hype train before the content has even relesed i mean it was one if not the most moronic idea that you guys have ever come up with not even letting the players play it and give there feed back on it and then tweeking it from there no you had to nerf it without player feedback

First off anything I’m development is subject to be changed. Second Anyone with any knowledge about how this games balancing work knows that meta and op thing get nerfed no matter what whenever DE feels like doing it. Also there a TEST CLUSTER who now play- test things and provide feedback so yes they have player feedback. The moronic idea here is the fact that people think that just because they want their overpowered Setups means that DE has to obey their commands and wishes.

1 hour ago, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

First off anything I’m development is subject to be changed. Second Anyone with any knowledge about how this games balancing work knows that meta and op thing get nerfed no matter what whenever DE feels like doing it. Also there a TEST CLUSTER who now play- test things and provide feedback so yes they have player feedback. The moronic idea here is the fact that people think that just because they want their overpowered Setups means that DE has to obey their commands and wishes.

the test custer is player only, and is only open before na update is dropped after its announced, wich isnt the case here, and even if it was, it would take 24 hours to sacrifice a frame, it would have to be 30 seconds on the test cluster, with no frame bild times to even test it wich it isnt 

23 hours ago, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

1 i know that development is subjected to change but they only changed it after everyone was set on hay these are the only good skills so lets get these and insted of changing the lower picked skills to be buffed up to the higher picked skill levels like they sead they were going to do they just nerfed everything into the ground 

2 there was no test cluster for this update no player feedback where ever you saw there was a test cluster for this update was a lie 

3 the annoying thing is them nerfing somthing before it even comes out and thinking that its a good idea to do so and thinking people would be fine with it

On 2020-08-22 at 6:59 PM, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

Because production has slowed down now that their is som much in the game as well as having to constantly fix thing a on top of making more new and complex things

the thing is that it started before production slowed down, last tenno reinforcement happen july of last year and even then frequncy droped a lot, I believe that frequnecy of tenno reinforcment droped during 2018.

2 hours ago, Culaio said:

the thing is that it started before production slowed down, last tenno reinforcement happen july of last year and even then frequncy droped a lot, I believe that frequnecy of tenno reinforcment droped during 2018.

Yep because that’s when a lot of DE lays started to happen and DE got backed up with a ton of big projects and some of which aren’t finished. Not to mention aside from 2020 stealing their studio, the game has. Advanced a lot and thier are a lot more weapon then there were before to the need to constantly design and release new weapons has gone down.  On top of the fact that most of the more recent weapon all have some cool gimmicks or side abilities instead of being a generic point and boom boom gun which also slows things down 

Cool, but did you guys really waste a new weapon potential by making that double barrel pistol a skin? Really? I'm getting tired of this. After Heart of Deimos can you guys go back to the game and finish most of the new stuff you just put out there? Can we have better relays? The silence that goes inside them is deafning! Can you make relays the social hub area for players instead of an occasional trip to go get something there? Can we have a proper PvP? Can we have good rewards inside PvP? Can we have a new PvP mode? Something like gambit from D2 would be nice. Can we have different and unique new missions? Can you come up with a better reward system? Can you make a system that you get a higher chance to get rare rewards at the cost of higher levels or modifications for bounties? Can we develop the PoE and Orbe Vallis story? Can we get new engaging boss fights? Can we just get rid of the MR based daily rep? It's really harsh on new players, or just come up with a better reason for players to want to have higher MR. I'm not asking for new stuff, I'm asking for better polished normal gameplay, I'm asking to improve the stuff that you already made and players have to play it all the time.

All the people complaining about skins over new weapons need to just deal.  There's hundreds of weapons.  We have almost no universal skins.  I have been literally begging for this.  

Unfortunately, just like the bundle-only deluxe skins aren't available for separate purchase, these will probably be real money bundle only not available separately OR with plat, which is not a choice I'm willing to support.

I'm also not really willing to support this update considering it's once again Nerf or Nothin'.  We got two incredibly minuscule buffs to two abilities, one of which is still going to be a bad ability.  

On 2020-08-22 at 12:55 PM, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

snip

Look at you, triple posting.  I'm sure they're going to give you a cookie or something for so readily coming to their defense.

15 hours ago, Z4kurn said:

Cool, but did you guys really waste a new weapon potential by making that double barrel pistol a skin? Really? I'm getting tired of this. After Heart of Deimos can you guys go back to the game and finish most of the new stuff you just put out there? Can we have better relays? The silence that goes inside them is deafning! Can you make relays the social hub area for players instead of an occasional trip to go get something there? Can we have a proper PvP? Can we have good rewards inside PvP? Can we have a new PvP mode? Something like gambit from D2 would be nice. Can we have different and unique new missions? Can you come up with a better reward system? Can you make a system that you get a higher chance to get rare rewards at the cost of higher levels or modifications for bounties? Can we develop the PoE and Orbe Vallis story? Can we get new engaging boss fights? Can we just get rid of the MR based daily rep? It's really harsh on new players, or just come up with a better reason for players to want to have higher MR. I'm not asking for new stuff, I'm asking for better polished normal gameplay, I'm asking to improve the stuff that you already made and players have to play it all the time.

Can I just point out a few things about your post:

TL;DR: You want warframe to be a game it isn't designed to be.

Before anything else, you say you're not asking for "new stuff", but you ask for a new pvp mode, new different and unique missions, better reward system (which implies better new rewards). Just pointing out the first inconsistency, now on to the main course!

Relays are the social hub area. Find the mandachord in there if you think it's too silent. Due to the network structure of warframe, they will never be the default waiting space. It would require a massive amount of recoding as well as server upgrades, and would notably screw up their system of pushing updates / hotfixes, unless they have some god-tier code there.

As for the proper PvP, it would require dedicated servers, which is, again, incompatible with their main network design. Also, PvP has good rewards. Conclave is literally the only place in the game where you can get some unique mods (some of which do work in PvE) as well as fully built warframes that don't cost platinum. Which is honestly kind of ridiculous.
Also, they did the new PvP mode thing back in 2016, and, unsurprisingly, almost no one played it. Warframe isn't a PvP champion-style shooter. Try Overwatch or Quake Champions if that's your jam.

They've recently made Disruption, before that they released Bounties, infested Salvage and Defection (oh how I loathe that last one). Come up with some good, and easy to implement, and lore-wise plausible suggestion for new mission types, and you can complain about this, but they do make new and unique mission types. It's just something very hard to design and then implement, and that doesn't even guarantee players will like it or that it will be any good (cfr. respectively salvage and defection).

Can you come up with a better reward system? That's balanced? Allows for a sense of progression without giving you the keys to the kingdom? They have an endless reward increase on relic missions + void traces to increase drop rates. Is it particularly good? Sometimes, but it's better than nothing, and the fact is, the progression in warframe isn't that bad. If it was, less people would keep playing. As for better chance for rare parts, why should they? The drop rates aren't too bad in this game, and more importantly, there's a bad RNG counter in this game in the form of plat trading. Take it from someone who has never seen Harrow Systems BP drop, despite running 70+ C-rotations on Saturn defection. Usually you should get it within 10 rotations. I farmed it that long on principle, but if you don't like something in this game, you can farm something else and trade it to just buy the thing, most of the time. I would love a system that allows you to manipulate drop rates, but it's both a stupid thing to do, and the game already has a way around it built in anyways. There's absolutely no reason they would ever want to implement anything of the sort. (If only for the economic implications on the game's economy).

Develop the PoE and Orb Vallis stories where exactly? We know how they came to be, mostly, and why things are the way they are there. We even have some quests and story elements that significantly impact those area's (e.g. the spoders in Orb Vallis).

For a mob shooter game, warframe has some very good boss fights. The fact remains this isn't a boss fighting game. If you want that itch scratched, I suggest Dark Souls, Monster Hunter: World, Shadow Warrior, Shadow of Mordor, Darksiders, to name but a few.

No, we can't get rid of daily MR reps. It's to stop players from burning out on the game immediately because they don't have self-control. And to stop veterans from burning through new content in 2.5 seconds. The only place I have a problem with the daily cap is focus, since the whole system just requires a ridiculous amount of investment, that it's not even funny.

This game has some very polished gameplay, and they do have mainline updates to do the kind of polishing you ask for. I suggest you look up the patch notes for the mainline update in february this year. It happens, but the fact is, mainline updates aren't the most popular when it comes to player retention, so tbh, we can be glad they care enough to do them at all.

Archived