Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to FIX the Helminth problem.

-Onyx-Phalian

Ok DE, look. We all know that you want to keep the game balanced and want everyone to have fun, there is NOTHING wrong with that at all. Though if there wasn't a problem than we wouldn't' be talking here now would we? I am sorry to say but your current method of "Balancing" the game isn't helpful for either you (DE, the company) or us (The players).

It's bad for you because you seem to have a very itchy trigger finger on the nerf bat and are willing to swing at anything that moves (NOT saying that's what you actually do, just that is what it seems like from the player base). On the other hand it is bad for players as you have stated that the abilities nerfed in Helminth were ones we were excited over the most. Do you want us to keep our excitement away from you? Do you want us to never discuss how to help each other become stronger with things like builds? I don't. That's a 1 way street to a toxic community. 

There is also the MR Rank drop from 15 to 8. This is actually a very bad thing for 2 reasons. 
1. New players are already bombarded with a LOT of mechanics from quests, to soon 3 Open World areas, to Archwings, to Railjacks. Adding Helminth to the resource grind would overwhelm a new player with grind and have them leave the game. Not to mention that MR 8 isn't hard to get to. 
2. Veteran players have felt ignored for literal years now.  So when we were told we were getting something special, it was like Christmas only to have that crash and burn a week later as we were told the MR would drop by half. It suddenly went from getting a large gift for Christmas to getting a single gift but being told you had to share it with your little brother who also got several things for himself. 

So, how do we fix this? 
Well there are actually quite a few things that you can do and I would be more than happy to list them.
1. This should go without saying, UNDO THE NERF! Make those abilities back to their prime. These would still be popular either way. But how to make the other abilities look like viable choices? We'll get there.
2. Increase the MR requirement from 8 to 12. This should make it so the player has to be decently skilled and understand all of the mechanics of the game before they can go switching abilities as well as having enough of the required resources to keep the Helminth Happy. 
3. This is the most important one, BUFF THE OTHER ABILITIES. Either give them better stats or add gimics to them. AN example would be for Helminth Tesla Nervos would instead of spawning 4 Nervos, now spawn 6 or for Helminth Terrify to make it so feared enemies to have a chance to be open to finishers when running away. These are off the top of my head but they are meant to be sort of like mini-Augments. It would make the weaker abilities much more tempting while leaving the top 6 untouched. 

8 minutes ago, -Onyx-Phalian said:

There is also the MR Rank drop from 15 to 8.

Yea, that's terrible. I can just imagine all the new mr 8 players which will cry because they have no enough resources to endure the costs or the difficulties of a mode they should never have access to begin with. 

Please don't speak for us. I have no issues with the adjustments. 

There is no issue at all, really. There are just entitled angry people on the forums that are unpleasable.

The MR 8s will realize once they get to the Helminth that they don't have enough resources to participate, and they will have to go do some farming. If they do have the resources? Good for them, nothing has changed as they clearly put their time in to acquire said resources.

The abilities that were adjusted will be improved with the mods already going onto your frame. You'll live even though you cant have a 40 meter Nidus pull.

There's a Helminth problem?

it's not even out yet...I'd much rather DE be conservative about what they release and buff later if warranted. Post-release nerfing causes even more whining.

12 minutes ago, -Onyx-Phalian said:

We all know that you want to keep the game balanced

lol, yeah this game is totally balanced pre-Helminth. 🙂

The only way to "fix the Helminth problem" is to promote Kickbot to the forums and get it to shut down all "Heres how to fix Helminth without the logical nerf to op powers" threads immediately.

Anyone who wants the nerfs reversed has an agenda, and we can all see it clear as day.

22 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Just replace the entire system with a /killall function and call it a day.

I'm not even being sarcastic, I honestly and depressingly would expect this to be something people would/will want at some point.

If DE joked about this and then said they thought it was too powerful, people would rage that DE was taking their beloved kill all switch away and they have to quit WF

Who knows what OP ideas that DE has floating around development, just waiting to "to nerf it and take it away" before we even know about it!

The horror!

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Please don't speak for us. I have no issues with the adjustments. 

There is no issue at all, really. There are just entitled angry people on the forums that are unpleasable.

The MR 8s will realize once they get to the Helminth that they don't have enough resources to participate, and they will have to go do some farming. If they do have the resources? Good for them, nothing has changed as they clearly put their time in to acquire said resources.

The abilities that were adjusted will be improved with the mods already going onto your frame. You'll live even though you cant have a 40 meter Nidus pull.

You obviously haven't read the article as not all of the changes are simple "Reduced Range" or the such, several are hard caps such as with Helminth Defy. No amount of modding would be able to change that. And what's wrong about wanting every ability to be viable? Rebecca herself stated at Tennocon that several Helminth abilities would be different but later it was stated that the abilities would be buffed, not just the Helminth versions. So simply giving the weaker abilities a variation to make them more viable would not only have DE keep their word but also increase the pool of abilities players would use. 

5 minutes ago, -Onyx-Phalian said:

You obviously haven't read the article as not all of the changes are simple "Reduced Range" or the such, several are hard caps such as with Helminth Defy. No amount of modding would be able to change that. And what's wrong about wanting every ability to be viable? Rebecca herself stated at Tennocon that several Helminth abilities would be different but later it was stated that the abilities would be buffed, not just the Helminth versions. So simply giving the weaker abilities a variation to make them more viable would not only have DE keep their word but also increase the pool of abilities players would use. 

It was either this or nerfing them later after people already subsumed their frames then getting the backlash from that.

The update isn't out so no one has an excuse to go rage mode. 

Just now, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

It was either this or nerfing them later after people already subsumed their frames then getting the backlash from that.

The update isn't out so no one has an excuse to go rage mode. 

This ISN'T rage. It's a calm dialog. We have both seen DE be ridiculously quick to go for the nerf bat. Remember the Khora nerf during the Scarlet Spear? That's I would admit is a large source of annoyance but I want to have a civil discussion. 

Also the suggestion about how to help the Helminth system was to not only point out a still ongoing problem (quick to nerf and forgotten veterans), but also give a possible solution in hopes to hear either other solutions or even possible ideas for the Helminth variations of the abilities for DE. I would admit the ideas I had were off the top of my head but were only meant to be examples to get my point across. 

I still remember the thread that complains how helminth system will ruin the balance. With all the jelly people getting jelly and salty of how people enjoying the game, every skill will be nerfed to the level of '2 meters Pull range". That's the "balance" in the eye of the jelly people. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

ffs can you guys take these posts to feedback? like seriously if you want actual change, use the feedback forum ffs

Hey. You mind showing where that is? Because on mobile clicking on the feedback section brings me here.

You can't get angry if it literally leads here. 

Archived