Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 19 - Accepted Items!

[DE]Taylor

We wait the Night Hunter Syandana 2 years (!!!) and now it's finally going to release. But... This changes (v3) are really needed? Seriously, we wait so long time for get THIS terrible, ugly syandana now? It's kidding? No? No, it's not a kidding. Because nobody laugh... I wait so long this awesome wings, but now... I see no reason for waste my money for this... Thx God I not bought skin for Nidus - I has a plans to do it after wings release. Well, now I save my money.

Спойлер

Oh man, oh man... What on earth happened to this skin?

I remember being ultra hyped to have this skin on my Excal in its earlier state:
PjO38B8.jpg

For comparison, here's what we will be getting ingame:
DB2B1AB5EA990EDCCA69771BAB17C94FB55F81BA

I'm not super fond of the excessive metallics on the new version (although they do make the helmet look much more distinct), but the real travesty IMO is the "plume" on Excal's helmet.

The feathery energy plume used to be so regal and glorious! But the version that we're getting ingame just looks so... I don't know... greasy? It's like the beautiful feathers were completely replaced with strands of wet, mayonnaise-slicked human hair.
It looks so sad.

Lol... Another "really needed changes"... Awesome skin was transformed to usual mediocrity... Just why?

I'm depressed now. Every time when we get something cool in workshop - we have big chances to not get it or get in "nerfed" form... Again and again... Tennogen not make me happy now like he make me some years ago...

On 2020-08-20 at 8:53 PM, Thor131 said:

Its a real disappointment to see YET AGAIN no Revenant skin chosen #framists

Hey man we had to have Excalibur cosmetic #55 (Yes that is the number). Revenant just doesn't make money as great as his tennogen and most of his cosmetics are. See you in round 20 for another Excal skin... And honestly based on the number of people asking about a Revenant skin it wouldn't shock me if he had the votes but not the wallets behind him...

On 2020-08-24 at 2:21 AM, Dark-Echoes said:

Hey man we had to have Excalibur cosmetic #55 (Yes that is the number). Revenant just doesn't make money as great as his tennogen and most of his cosmetics are. See you in round 20 for another Excal skin... And honestly based on the number of people asking about a Revenant skin it wouldn't shock me if he had the votes but not the wallets behind him...

you saw my post from page to right? he is rounding up to 2 years no tennogen knocking out nidus for the title.

On 2020-08-21 at 12:33 PM, (NSW)Finlaena said:

At least it's not yet more Ivara cosmetics... :T

ETA: As a thought for TennoGen Round 20... perhaps DE could incentive it as a round specifically for Frames that have less than 2-3 skins (counting Deluxe) or helmets? Like, Grendel, Hildryn, Revenant, Protea, etc. I mean, 20 rounds is pretty impressive, so why not make it something really special?

Saryn has more skins than Ivara though doesn't she?

That aside, I do love how Hildryn and Gauss got some skins this round. Garuda who had only around 2 skins before also got a new one this time which is exciting. I'm really liking all of the pieces this round even if I probably won't use them all due to them being either frames I haven't grabbed yet or I have other cosmetics I prefer over the newer ones.

On 2020-08-21 at 3:12 PM, Velitria said:

Seriously? The old Night Hunter Syandana is gone forever? I can legitimately count several people who now won't buy it because they only liked the original version. What made the old one good was it looked like wings that hung to the sides, it's amazing claw-like look, and the size feeling adequately proportional to the size of a frame. It was actually different than the other winged syandanas and now it looks like an infested syandana to go along with the Heart of Deimos update. My suspicion is that the wings would get in the way of the camera, but couldn't DE just allow players to adjust the camera to in turn allow more creative freedom? Please? I don't particularly like the new version and unfortunately don't see myself getting it. The rest of the skins look great but that really ruined it for me and a lot of people.

Spoiler

2020.08.21-10.19.png

The infested design for the wings are not as tall and (they were the same height as the head). There is only 2 "talons" instead of 3 and do not reach below the knees. I also liked the spine look in that metallic texture. I don't get it, they were bone/talon wings that looked so good. People want the old design and the new one, it would be nice to have the old one as well with camera modification capability in relation to each specific frame.

New Version.

Spoiler

2020.08.21-10.22.png

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying it's not what the people wanted, voted for, and were literally asking to buy. One option is to take both versions and release the other version as another item. I'm almost positive the creator has a backup of the original design that kept getting changed till accepted. This really feels like DE killed the old idea and the new one is legitimately a different Syandana.

Personally I think the updated version is much cooler. The original looks like generic wings, which are already on my "not going to bother with this ugly thing" list. At least the updated version looks more organic and infested-like.

On 2020-08-22 at 9:57 PM, Scruffel said:

Actually, side question, what Faction did you assume that the Syandana was originally then it apparently wasn't Infested before?

I would like to know who in DE thinks that the current version is infested? It has no biological bits folding in properly togher like infested did/do/will based on more of the post deimos previews, it has clean mechanicsl led lights growing RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the grey bits along with random clean chains and bent plates.
Thats not how any infested weapon or enemy looks. You either got infested parasite on muddy version of weapon/dead enemy, weapon cracked from the inside with infestation/infestation breaking out on half of the body or completely transformed new creature.

On 2020-08-22 at 9:57 PM, Scruffel said:

The changes were made a while before the item was accepted, not the other way around. Look at the update notes to get a clearer picture. Unless you mean "accepted" in the sense of "many people accepted this as the definitive version of the item".

Nope, the changes were done within week of 19 approved reveal and used the momentum and approval of V2 to get in. It wouldnt have even 1/5th of the votes/approval without V1 and less than 1/20th without V2 of the syandana. Its just a shame DE and the artist ruined 2 solid infested wings for babys first failed anatomy lesson kitbash.

1 hour ago, Andele3025 said:
On 2020-08-22 at 3:57 PM, Scruffel said:

Actually, side question, what Faction did you assume that the Syandana was originally then it apparently wasn't Infested before?

I would like to know who in DE thinks that the current version is infested? It has no biological bits folding in properly togher like infested did/do/will based on more of the post deimos previews, it has clean mechanicsl led lights growing RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the grey bits along with random clean chains and bent plates.
Thats not how any infested weapon or enemy looks. You either got infested parasite on muddy version of weapon/dead enemy, weapon cracked from the inside with infestation/infestation breaking out on half of the body or completely transformed new creature.

... You do know what you're replying to right? It's a statement I made in regards to someone only referring to the new version of the Syandana as "Infested", even though the previous versions were also Infested. With a TennoGen item, you have to try and stick to a specific Faction, or at least allude to one. Which is why I was questioning what they considered to be the Factions of the previous designs. I'm not sure why you decided to respond to me in regards of what DE believes in Infested for TennoGen (which in case you are wondering, here the link to their Faction Style Guide where you can go down to Infested and check for yourself: https://www.warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-creator-art-style-guide

Also, I am confused on what you mean by "infested did/do/will based on more of the post Deimos previews" because not only was the item even updated before TennoCon 2020, and before the update released, but it wouldn't have even been able to work with the Deimos/Grey Strain style before the release of the update and/or confirmation by DE to create items related to them (which by the way, I believe it should be fine due it being a sub-faction). It would be like trying to submit a TennoGen item for Xaku from the time their concept art was shown.

Nope, the changes were done within week of 19 approved reveal and used the momentum and approval of V2 to get in. It wouldnt have even 1/5th of the votes/approval without V1 and less than 1/20th without V2 of the syandana. Its just a shame DE and the artist ruined 2 solid infested wings for babys first failed anatomy lesson kitbash.

What are you even saying here? There's so much wrong.

That first sentence is extremely false. The design that was shown during the Round 19 Winners Reveal was the new version, not the old one. And also, the V2 of the item was not approved, it was denied before, so it wasn't and couldn't have been used as a submission. And what "momentum"??? Popularity or traction does not matter for an item to be accepted.

Again, look at the update notes of the item. The one on July 17th was when it was updated to V3, and then there were changes after the Deadline from DE's quick feedback for the item. By the way, the "changes after the Deadline stuff" is the same thing with many other items that got accepted. You can see it for yourself here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/1478716861

Second sentence is also very false because votes do not matter as well. And the third sentence is just unnecessary, and apparently puts the blame at both DE *and* the artist. How revolutionary and rude.

Just now, Scruffel said:

here the link to their Faction Style Guide where you can go down to Infested and check for yourself: https://www.warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-creator-art-style-guide

Yes, and it breaks their own guidelines on infested items (actually fits sentient rules more of pseudo organic with non-anatomical geometrical shapes with extra rubbery texture and tech bits that meld/grow from the rest).

Just now, Scruffel said:

Also, I am confused on what you mean by "infested did/do/will based on more of the post Deimos previews" because not only was the item even updated before TennoCon 2020, and before the update released, but it wouldn't have even been able to work with the Deimos/Grey Strain style before the release of the update and/or confirmation by DE to create items related to them (which by the way, I believe it should be fine due it being a sub-faction). It would be like trying to submit a TennoGen item for Xaku from the time their concept art was shown.

Dude, V3 was made on the 5th/mere 3 weeks ago. We were shown off the models of the deimos enemies over a year ago with deimos circa 7 months ago when it was merely dubbed "infested asteroid tileset update" on devstream (along with some miniboss updates to be soonTM). And the point you missed is that V3 version of it ISNT following how infested design was and still is as confirmed by deimos (despite increase of C&B sacs on enemies themselves).

Just now, Scruffel said:

That first sentence is extremely false. The design that was shown during the Round 19 Winners Reveal was the new version, not the old one. And also, the V2 of the item was not approved, it was denied before, so it wasn't and couldn't have been used as a submission. And what "momentum"??? Popularity or traction does not matter for an item to be accepted.

No V2 was used to get through public approval/workshop upvotes. V3 meanwhile managed to tank the approval and awards it got from steam workshop (which carried over from V1 and V2 and which is a major factor in what gets passed based on prior tennogen rounds). And we know form prior tennogen rounds thats the main and essentially only real criteria DE has for tennogen items, unless someone already has a long established frame series that passed.

Yes, and it breaks their own guidelines on infested items (actually fits sentient rules more of pseudo organic with non-anatomical geometrical shapes with extra rubbery texture and tech bits that meld/grow from the rest).

It certainly does not fit the Sentient aesthetic by default from it's color palette and usage of materials. If you read through the guidelines, it would be very obvious that is not the case.

Dude, V3 was made on the 5th/mere 3 weeks ago.

So the item was updated on August 5th after the July 20th, 2020 Deadline and got accepted? That's not how that works at all. Please re-read my post and look at the update notes, because you are spouting blatant misinformation.

We were shown off the models of the deimos enemies over a year ago with deimos circa 7 months ago when it was merely dubbed "infested asteroid tileset update" on devstream (along with some miniboss updates to be soonTM). And the point you missed is that V3 version of it ISNT following how infested design was and still is as confirmed by deimos (despite increase of C&B sacs on enemies themselves).

Again, you wouldn't even be able to work on the aesthetic in the first place because it wasn't officially released. I have no idea why you keep on misreading what I simply typed. And that last sentence does not make sense because again Deimos wasn't released yet, and it wouldn't make sense to gauge an item based on something that was released after it. I don't get why you are so fixated on this.

No V2 was used to get through public approval/workshop upvotes. V3 meanwhile managed to tank the approval and awards it got from steam workshop (which carried over from V1 and V2 and which is a major factor in what gets passed based on prior tennogen rounds). And we know form prior tennogen rounds thats the main and essentially only real criteria DE has for tennogen items, unless someone already has a long established frame series that passed.

Again, votes, popularity, public opinion, whatever does not matter for an item to get accepted. And it is absolutely not the main criteria that DE uses if you even read the OP's bottom segment:

If you have a favourite item that didn’t make it, don’t fret! There’s a good chance we’ll be working with the creator to help get it across the finish line. Usually technical or stylistic issues are the main cause for rejection, but we do our best to help pieces with great promise get accepted to the game.

Please, at least try to be informed before you make these misguided arguments.

On 2020-08-30 at 12:49 PM, Steel_Sentry said:

When are these being released? I really really want both of those Gauss skins and that Hildryn skin!! 😭

Probably not for a month or two. Tennogen round 18's accepted list was posted on February 6th 2020 and was released on April 2nd with 18 items

Then again, round 17's accepted list went up September 12th 2019 and was fully released on September 26th with 25 items

So anywhere from this upcoming Saturday until whenever they feel like it.

2 hours ago, V_Gikma said:

I am still waiting for the day to have ION cloak one, even though it has been almost 2 years

An item has to be recently updated/re-submitted in order to be considered again for a new TennoGen Round. That item hasn't done so since December 28, 2018.

Until then, I'd recommend not trying to wait for that item, because it's probably gonna be a long (or already long) time doing so.

Archived