Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 19 - Accepted Items!

[DE]Taylor

11 minutes ago, Ertean said:

I just hope we get a skin for Protea later too. Or at least an alt helm. :P

She has two alt helms as far as I know, but not a Tennogen one yet, so that would be interesting.

Hypothetically @[DE]Taylor, has there been any thought towards Prime frames getting Tennogen alt helmets? I believe Mesa Prime is the only prime frame who has an alt helm, though that one isn't a Tennogen of course. Even if they weren't made by Tenno, more prime alt helmets would be a good idea to explore as well someday, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

She has two alt helms as far as I know, but not a Tennogen one yet, so that would be interesting.

Hypothetically @[DE]Taylor, has there been any thought towards Prime frames getting Tennogen alt helmets? I believe Mesa Prime is the only prime frame who has an alt helm, though that one isn't a Tennogen of course. Even if they weren't made by Tenno, more prime alt helmets would be a good idea to explore as well someday, I'm sure.

I know, though neither have really peaked interest so far, so been using base helmet. The Sentient one in TennoGen was amazing, though.

15 hours ago, QueenHathena said:

it has been quite some time since this was posted now, may we finally get an answer when we get these?

I think that presentation of this tennogen could have been postponed until it was 100%. It was too early considering that Deimos had already launched.

6 hours ago, Cronodoug said:

I think that presentation of this tennogen could have been postponed until it was 100%. It was too early considering that Deimos had already launched.

It's not something new.  For mostly every TennoGen Round, they have revealed the items in-game before they are completed. And the items were revealed on the 20th of August, where Deimos released on the 25th. TennoGen Rounds usually have their own small update.

On 2020-08-20 at 5:28 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

EDIT SEPT 18:

As announced on the Home Devstream today, we are releasing this round in two batches to help each individual piece shine. We don't want you to wait too long between batches, so expect batch one later this month, and the second half in October. 

BATCH ONE

Reveal hidden contents

BATCH TWO

Reveal hidden contents

We used this method for Round 11 (33 items, split into three batches), so with a 29-item round, we felt it was appropriate to do so for this round as well. 

Quoting edit for visibility!

DE...here comes a community request for the 3496247th time: Please make those items available via the ingame market. As someone who downloaded your game directly from you, not from steam, I feel left out. 

I try to avoid Steam as much as possible, for reasons I don´t want to discuss here. And I do not really see a reason why Tennogen has to stay steam exclusive.

18 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

And I do not really see a reason why Tennogen has to stay steam exclusive.

Well, the most presumed main one is that Steam hosts the Workshop in which TennoGen items are uploaded and can then have those files extracted by DE. And also maybe another for how Steam allows for direct monetization of those items and shares between involved parties (DE, the creator(s) of an item, and Valve) without the need of additional contracts.

3 hours ago, Scruffel said:

Well, the most presumed main one is that Steam hosts the Workshop in which TennoGen items are uploaded and can then have those files extracted by DE. And also maybe another for how Steam allows for direct monetization of those items and shares between involved parties (DE, the creator(s) of an item, and Valve) without the need of additional contracts.

If DE would offer the same items to the same conditions, incl. Steam´s % of the sales, I still can´t see why this wouldn´t work...

On 2020-08-20 at 11:28 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

If you have a favourite item that didn’t make it, don’t fret! There’s a good chance we’ll be working with the creator to help get it across the finish line. Usually technical or stylistic issues are the main cause for rejection, but we do our best to help pieces with great promise get accepted to the game.

Can I fret? I finally get Night Hunter wings for my Nidus main and it's butchered beyond the point that I would like to buy it. Thanks for "helping" it across the finish line. /salty as #*!%.

On 2020-09-20 at 8:17 AM, Koalachan said:

Can I fret? I finally get Night Hunter wings for my Nidus main and it's butchered beyond the point that I would like to buy it. Thanks for "helping" it across the finish line. /salty as #*!%.

I made a post about this as well. DE uses the steam ratings to see if a tennogen item will be bought enough to merit acceptance into the game. A flaw with this system is that almost all of the ratings were attached to the original version of the Night Hunter wings. If people were to vote on the newest iteration that was "accepted", it would be small in comparison, and enough that it wouldn't be accepted by the very ratings that allowed it to be considered. 

It's ironic that the rating system to merit acceptance and then (creators) changing an item to DE expectations do not coincide with people still buying the item, and DE didn't learn this.

People voted for the original version and would have bought it exactly how it was. Now that it has changed (by any amount, but in this case it was completely), the people who voted for it are now not going to buy it because DE's opinion of acceptance are not equal to the public opinion of acceptance. DE is effectively shooting themselves in the foot by not seeing this, or by making an illogical conclusion (but I won't assume that and it is probably just lack of consideration). I understand that there has to be a limitation to prevent a giant pink unicorn syandana because it doesn't remotely fit in the game, but if it isn't something blatantly off the theme of the game like that, there is no reason to force a change in what creators propose.

And no, camera perspective is not an excuse, you can allow camera perspective customization per frame and that isn't even hard to create for the amount of community praise it would give. Being myself a dev to know this, you create a UI subsection button in appearance called "Viewpoint/Camera" that engages a 3d interface which shows the frame in an open area with an overhead perspective (pressing the H key instead of switching sides would switch between 3 Saved Viewpoints with the ability to purchase more config slots). On the left of the screen there will be 4 buttons and a Slider: Default/Reset, Target Point, Viewpoint, Distance will be the slider, and Exit would be the bottom button. Clicking on Default resets everything. Clicking on Target Point puts in to View perspective and moving the mouse will cause the frame to be able to look in any direction and left clicking again will lock the crosshairs there and bring back to main view. Clicking on Viewpoint will open a Sphere around the frame where the Viewpoint would reside, based on the Distance slider which can be modified at the same time. After setting a Viewpoint and then a Target point to satisfaction, and hitting exit would bring back to appearance. Easy, but does DE wish to take the time to do this? We will see, but I am saying that it is quite easy and there is no real reason not to, as the camera zooms in when up against walls. People obtaining undesirable camera issues would be their own faults. This system would also allow for easy capability to save viewpoint angles to switch between such as looking behind you quickly, hotkeys for cycling could also be an option and there is no real downside to this. Allowing a config to be transported to other frames would also be nice as well.

Back to the original topic though... One cannot expect people to purchase what they do not like. If they like something and it is changed, they have to decide if they still want it. DE's perspective of "We can make the creator change it till we approve" doesn't exist unless the players also like the change. There is no new rating for the newer iterations in comparison to the old. Creators and/or DE can both abusing the ratings and popularity to push something else entirely. Original Night Hunter Syandana design got majority of the ratings, yet the new version is 90% different and maintains all the previous ratings. I do not like the new one in comparison to the old, enough that I decided not to buy it. I have not once had tennogen change enough to do that to me before this.

I am saying this in the off chance someone in charge at DE will realize the error of the system. The customer is always right or they do not buy. I am making DE aware that there is an extremely large amount of people (more than I expected) that have expressed they would not buy the new night hunter syandana only because it was replaced with a different version. I would have expected DE to learn by now that the (creator and DE) are not the key to success, it is the consumer perspective that is.

3 hours ago, Velitria said:

DE uses the steam ratings to see if a tennogen item will be bought enough to merit acceptance into the game.

They don't. Voting, ratings, favorites, etc. do not matter for an item to be accepted into the game. What matters is the item in regards to DE's stylistic and technical standards that they have for TennoGen. If that was the case, the Night Hunter Syandana would have already been put into the game before this point if that was the case.

People voted for the original version and would have bought it exactly how it was. Now that it has changed (by any amount, but in this case it was completely), the people who voted for it are now not going to buy it because DE's opinion of acceptance are not equal to the public opinion of acceptance. DE is effectively shooting themselves in the foot by not seeing this, or by making an illogical conclusion (but I won't assume that and it is probably just lack of consideration). I understand that there has to be a limitation to prevent a giant pink unicorn syandana because it doesn't remotely fit in the game, but if it isn't something blatantly off the theme of the game like that, there is no reason to force a change in what creators propose.

From the way how you are phrasing this, you're essentially saying that DE cannot decide on what items they put into their own game, or what creators decide to with their items, if players don't agree. Because it's not like DE has any sort of obligation to host this system in the first place, just like how creators have none as well to make the items and continue working on their pieces. But they still work together, because they both realize the benefits of getting these items into the game are worth it. Not sure why you would want to squander that by adding a third party that might not have similar interests.

One cannot expect people to purchase what they do not like. If they like something and it is changed, they have to decide if they still want it.

I can agree with that. There's nothing necessarily wrong in this statement.

DE's perspective of "We can make the creator change it till we approve" doesn't exist unless the players also like the change. There is no new rating for the newer iterations in comparison to the old.

But this I can certainly disagree with. Again, I have no idea why you seem to think DE is not allowed to dictate what is allowed in their game, or even what creators are allowed to do in with their items. It's coming off as being entitled to products that were never finished or promised initially to be put in the game 100% the same way they were posted. I do not understand what is so hard to get about this.

Creators and/or DE can both abusing the ratings and popularity to push something else entirely.

Well, I guess that finally gives the answer to my question in which I've been waiting a response for almost a month by now. Apparently, it's both the creators and DE to blame! Because, again, it's not like they don't have to participate within this own system that they mutually benefit from. But nope, it's a conspiracy between them for abusing a voting system... that they themselves do not use. This is just being destructive at best for trying to bring a fault at someone, in which, both parties are being dragged for things they didn't do.

I am saying this in the off chance someone in charge at DE will realize the error of the system. The customer is always right or they do not buy. I am making DE aware that there is an extremely large amount of people (more than I expected) that have expressed they would not buy the new night hunter syandana only because it was replaced with a different version. I would have expected DE to learn by now that the (creator and DE) are not the key to success, it is the consumer perspective that is.

Wow, there is a lot said wrong here that I can't believe it was actually typed out. I gave you a small benefit of the doubt in your previous post here since I could understand your position, but now you're just displaying explicit entitlement.

1. "The error of the system"? What error? The way how, creators are allowed to do what they want with their own item. The way how, DE is allowed to decide whether or not they want to accept an item into the game in its current state? You can really only see these "errors", if you set your expectations to high towards items that were never final products when initially submitted. And even if DE were to fix your "perceived error", which apparently is vote abusing, it would still be the exact same system, because they never used it.

2. This outdated phrase, huh? It is very odd to use this outside of a customer service context, and trying to use this in a situation where community creators are given a chance to put their designs into a game as official selections by the developer. Which by the way, most of them do this as a hobby at best, and trying to put blame on them for something like this does nothing but dissuade those people from making those items. No creators, means no TennoGen. And if you wanted to point that towards DE, you're still essentially targeting the storefront that those creators rely on to have those items be shared into the game. I'm not saying that people have to buy TennoGen no matter what, or people can't complaint, but to this extent where nothing can really be changed about this situation, is petty.

3. The new Night Hunter Syandana is the different version. The previous versions are denied, and can no longer be eligible for the game. Also, how many people have actually complained about this, in comparison to the entire active playerbase of the game? Or even, the active playerbase that cares about/notices TennoGen at all? Hyperbole is not necessary, and only inflates the amount of entitlement at display.

4. Did you happen to forget that DE and the creators are the main keys to even bringing the system together in the first place? Without either, there is no TennoGen. What are the 'consumers' supposed to do then? I honestly cannot believe this is legitimately being argued. I am not trying to say that people who buy TennoGen don't matter, or that consumers are not allowed to voice some sort of opinion, but ones that are destructive such as this one, server no purpose but to ruin a system that has worked for a long time. You're really going to make this fuss over the way because an item did not get accepted in the very specific way you wanted? And really, this has to be just an outsider/consumer perspective that's skewing the whole situation, because as far as I am concerned, I haven't seen artists complaint about this. Not even the artist who made the Night Hunter Syandana.

I don't know what to say but, I'm sorry dude. The Night Hunter Syandana was never a promised item when put onto the Workshop. Votes do not matter. It's all decisions made from the creators and DE that do. And acting entitled is not going to help prove your point. You really only have 3 feasible options. First is to accept the changes, and simply decide with your wallet. Second is to contact the creator and ask nicely to see if they can convince DE for them to reconsider the old design. Or third, and probably the hardest, is to create your own "publicly-accepted version of the Night Hunter Syandana". Because again, if the previous versions were already denied, how is the creator going to simply revert that decision? So, go ahead and try to make your own version. I'm not trying to pull the whole "you have to be a chef to judge food" cliche, but when you're giving DE and creators very little options to reprimand your hardships, at this point, it's better to focus that energy into proving that the design can exist in the game. Besides, it's community-created content. Meaning, on a theoretical level, anyone can join such as you to get into the game. That's all I can really say to you honestly.

16 hours ago, Scruffel said:

If you couldn't tell, out of your boredom and incessant need to argue with everyone here, I don't care to respond to anything you say.

Just another person to feel entitled to every conversation and lie about anything they can manage for their own amusement and drama.

If you couldn't tell, out of your boredom and incessant need to argue with everyone here, I don't care to respond to anything you say.

Just another person to feel entitled to every conversation and lie about anything they can manage for their own amusement and drama.

Well, you're not helping yourself by still responding to me. It's funny you say I argue a lot, when I rarely do that here. Mainly here to correct certain misconceptions and explain things, or reply to responses (as I'm doing now). Kind of ironic you call me entitled based on your previous text too. And really, if I was lying for my "amusement and drama", you'd be able to prove me wrong, right?

Archived