Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why DE is loosing money

Agnostus

Please loose the money in my direction. 🙄

I definitely think they shoot themselves in the foot by not selling endo and forma competitively.

If anyone needs to be slapped in the face its whoever doesn't look at the resources that players are usually poor on, and its forma and endo.

Players sell Ayatan Scultures for 1 to 10 platinum but on their store they sell 1000 endo for 50 platinum.

Honestly, its as if they aren't even trying to make money. They confuse me.

Its like they are selling cans of coke for $100 and instead of pricing them so that they'll actually sell, they spend a S#&$ton of money making Railjack and didn't even monetize it.......

Its no wonder they're looking for someone to buy them.

Why is everyone under the impression that DE needs to be greedy in order to get by. They haven't before and doing so now would likely destroy the image they've managed to cultivate in the gaming industry. Always see people saying they are losing money when what they really mean is 'they should be squeezing more out of us'... Unreal.

3 minutes ago, Breezynn said:

Always see people saying they are losing money when what they really mean is 'they should be squeezing more out of us'... Unreal.

it's a bit jarring to see people who actually advocate the greed that companies relentlessly show these days. all the more reason why we need companies that aren't IRL Orokin without the Gold and Immortality to stick around. DE have usually been OK at not trying to squeeze us for every dime, but years of EA and Activision have taught me to never let my guard down, even amongst the good devs.. you might call it paranoia, but I would call it being wary of what the gaming industry is like. 

anyway, DE has Chinese backing, and Deimos will net them a tidy profit, so OP should worry less about the company's bank account and focus more on protecting their own.

And yet I have multiple friends that haven't spend a dime on in game transactions. The only purchases that they have made are for Tennocon tickets as weve attended the past 3 conventions (Damn covid).

You dont need to spend a dime in this game if you dont want to. I understand that my friends are in the minority of players but all microtransions in this game are far from P2W. Everything that you need is attainable. Warframes are pretty easy come by. There are exceptions but generally the majority of warframes, weapons that you require can be acquired without in game purchases. 

And they are now giving away weapon and warframe slots which is where a new player should really spend any platinum that they have or have acquired (purchase or with trading). 

DE has implemented no predatory microtransions. And if any system is implemented that has the chance of supporting it? Theyve removed it (Kubrow issue and Mod chance booster for example). 

So how is Warframe P2W when you can acquire EVERY item that you would need in game? 

They have posted losses due to poor reception of previous updates and not delivierying on what was shown. The past two Tennocons before this year is to blame. At least it appears now with this past Tennocon they are showing what they can deliver now vs making promises.

Let me tell you something. DE has already the marketing chops. They overprice platnium payments! For example, on player base markets, prime warframes have an average cost of 3 dollars. DE sell their regular warframes for 6.5 dollars average. They also mention that there is a market in the tutorial, but do not mention that the market is where you get blueprints. This might have been just for me, but I have been rocking starter weapons until MR 6 because I didn't know where people where getting most of their blueprints. So it's safe to say, DE is already making more money. Just look on the worth of platnium to the player markets to the worth of platnium on the game market. For players, platnium is worth a lot more, thus why they are selling prime parts way cheaper than DE is selling their regular stuff.

3 hours ago, Agnostus said:

Soooo.. the fact that they only allow normal - and not primed- frames to be consumed by the hemlinth is definately not done because primed frames are bought from other players while normal frames are bought directly from the market and this is definately not a predatory practice  by the same logic.

This is a valid argument. Frames like mirage and limbo do not have an alternate way to collect their normal parts. All is good and well since prime frames are stronger in general, but this would be a problem for collectors. And this would kind of encourage players to grind out or buy platnium, which in my opinion sucks. DE, if you are reading this, make it so quest frames are rebuildable.

il y a 4 minutes, Darkest_Fire a dit :

This is a valid argument. Frames like mirage and limbo do not have an alternate way to collect their normal parts. All is good and well since prime frames are stronger in general, but this would be a problem for collectors. And this would kind of encourage players to grind out or buy platnium, which in my opinion sucks. DE, if you are reading this, make it so quest frames are rebuildable.

you can buy them with simaris rep

3 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

I would not mind if WF will become a P2P, like 10 bucks/month.

Warframe wouldn't last long if it was subscription based.

If DE isn't making enough money, that's partly due to lack of cosmetic releases and slow updates. Some aspects of the game that take resources were also designed in a way to not be effectively monetized; such as how companions/sentinels ended up designed and their function is tied to their base appearances.

DE really needs to take a hint and do proper drops like other games have on Twitch.

Example: Escape From Tarkov.

They do drops for days at a time, and they're typically not S#&$ drops either.

So this draws in new people and returning players. And that = more money.

Plus these drops are usually connected to well known EFT streamers, so those streamers also encourage people to learn about the game and possibly play it as well. This is something DE needs to push for MORE with their Creators program.

Instead what we have is typically.... S#&$ drops, 3 times a week. And one of those days (Wednesday) the stream is super #*!%ing early for westerners (It's 8 A.M for those in Mountain Time) so many end up not being able to even watch the stream to get the twitch drop. DE should instead have their Creators deal with the drops at more convenient times. 

But sadly, the above makes too much sense, so it will never happen.

classic grammar error in thread title is an excellent start, big reveal around midway through with the plat brag, ramps up to a climatic ending with the "turn DE into EA" suggestions. 10/10 "misunderstood" villain who was secretly just a selfish jerk all along origin story

edit: btw warfame has been one of the top grossing games for the last few years, the idea that they are "not making enough money" is completely ludicrous.

2 hours ago, Highresist said:

DE are losing playerbase in pandemic,

[Citation Needed]

Steamcharts shows the population as being relatively stable (in fact, the last 30 days has shown a consistent growth).

There's also the fact that it's entirely expected for player numbers to decrease in the lull between updates.

It is a simple account bonus with standing, starter mod points, traces, daily limits, etc. It works as it should in my eyes, soemthing you can gain as bonus but not need to, MR not says anything about skill or even playtime, it is a simple leveling thing as the equipment itself, like in an MMO which sadly leveling is boring and long and the way and experience till the end means nothing with todays gaming community.

That is the main and only problem see with it, playing the game is not fun and rewarding, it is all focused on reaching the top then "encontent" grind till you have all thne complain that nothing is to do anymore. The way to it should be fun, if i play any other game trough levels i play it for gameplay and story after all aswell, not exepct that only the last level will be fun. Something games forgot to be and what so called "players" think of games, happy with redundant mechanics adn overprized DLC and microtransactions, a world were Dark Souls is seen as standard challange every game should have, whcih ironically with bad games or hard ones like lets say back on SNES were ripepd apart for such, now it is the norm for some reason becasue people can compare there ego-p* with others.

That is waht ruins games, challange is one thing but people only want to rub it in others faces that they got more time and knowledge about something then others, not having even fun with it but doing it for the sake of showing of some rewardn, title, or whatever.

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

[Citation Needed]

Steamcharts shows the population as being relatively stable (in fact, the last 30 days has shown a consistent growth).

There's also the fact that it's entirely expected for player numbers to decrease in the lull between updates.

It’s not important how many players are playing but how many of them are willing to pay.

16 hours ago, Agnostus said:

By making the game harder and in some cases MR locked, DE would benefit by:

• Soft - forcing low MR players to buy platinum in order to access the newest content faster
  • Giving low MR players a sense of progression and keep them active for longer 
  • Giving high MR players a sense of validation for all the time and preparation they've already put in the game

giphy.gif

Archived