Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You need 925,000 Simaris standing to build another copy of all quest-given frames

motorfirebox

That's just... that's just a lot. Wouldn't mind if it were 925,000 standing split up among a bunch of different factions, but grinding my face off on codex scans seems like a really not very fun prospect.

It's awesome that we can re-build frames we get from quests. Huge step forward from the days where you couldn't do that. But could we maybe spread the love around a little?

1 minute ago, motorfirebox said:

That's just... that's just a lot. Wouldn't mind if it were 925,000 standing split up among a bunch of different factions, but grinding my face off on codex scans seems like a really not very fun prospect.

It's awesome that we can re-build frames we get from quests. Huge step forward from the days where you couldn't do that. But could we maybe spread the love around a little?

We don't nor need nor want another thread about this. Please stop with the spam.

10 minutes ago, SmokinDice said:

as mentioned before several times, cost of these frames will be reduced with the update to make them more effortable. its confirmed.

They were already reduced on the 12th ish.

OP, whatever your cap is +5-10k on the faily scan will make short work of it if you get them in each day, it really doesnt take long to max out even 29k standing.

I go to oxomoco with ivara, run around a bit till you see enemies running in a direction and follow them to extract. once you get there hang around and scan and kill enemies as they spawn/run in. i can get my 29k in a single mission with the doubler widget thing, then go grab the daily scan for the extra 5-10k completion bonus. all in all it takes idk 20m sometimes less to do the oxomoco run and the daily scans.

22 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

They were already reduced on the 12th ish.

OP, whatever your cap is +5-10k on the faily scan will make short work of it if you get them in each day, it really doesnt take long to max out even 29k standing.

I go to oxomoco with ivara, run around a bit till you see enemies running in a direction and follow them to extract. once you get there hang around and scan and kill enemies as they spawn/run in. i can get my 29k in a single mission with the doubler widget thing, then go grab the daily scan for the extra 5-10k completion bonus. all in all it takes idk 20m sometimes less to do the oxomoco run and the daily scans.

I mean that's 32 straight days of maxing out your Simaris rep.

The amount is one thing. The other part of it is that it's all Simaris, rather than being spread out through a number of syndicates.

8 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

The amount is one thing. The other part of it is that it's all Simaris, rather than being spread out through a number of syndicates.

I dont really see it as a big deal honestly.

Prioritize the ones you want the most and work through them or get ones from him that are just BP's like nidus and harrow etc so while youre farming the standing you have the parts building or ready to go already. Its not like you can cram all the frames you built into helminth immediately anyways theres a cooldown on it, while helminth is digesting you spend time farming standing for other stuff. If you time it correctly with the standing resets you can even get two days worth of scans done in one sitting which is usually what I do when my schedule aligns with it.

Personally i prefer it to be through simaris anyways as it means i dont have to jump through hoops to make sure i have sigils for syndicates that hate my guts equipped before i run missions then take them off to avoid ruining my standing for my other syndicates. I also dont have to worry about frame parts potentially being locked behind upper ranks of syndicates because that would take even longer to do than just farming scans as i would have to re rank those syndicates after ive already gotten what i want from them then RE rank the syndicates I want to be in good standing with once i get the frames they had. Its also all in one place rather than spread out across all the other syndicate offerings. The only thing i would change about it is making helios scan crap for simaris instead of making me do it but thats a different story.

35 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

You're only going to be able to feed Helminth 1 frame a day and you'll be waiting on the build times anyway. If you didn't get a head start, that's 3 days or more anyway on each frame. They gave us a few weeks head start as well. Maybe you won't even want to try out every ability that can be moved. If you do or are a completionist (like I am), you can at least start with the more interesting or useful ones first. This is meant to be a long term goal.

You're not going to get anywhere with criticism on the forums right now, the people that think every decision is perfect are out in force.  Everyone thinks it's perfectly fine that we have to go through a boring, tedious task of literally just scanning, 30-40k a day, until we've spent nearly a million standing, instead of letting us replay the quests to get the frames again, or giving us standing from actual gameplay like SO/ESO.

It's still nearly a million standing AFTER the cost cuts and you literally only get it from scanning S#&$, which is a total chore.  These people will argue that it's fine until they're blue in the face.

And if you're wondering why I said 30-40k, turn your targets in after you hit your standing cap from scanning your targets and regular enemies.  The reward from turning the targets in goes over the cap.  The standing from the target scans themselves does not.  If you're max MR and get a target worth 10k, you can get almost enough for one main BP in a day.

2 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

You have to get to rank 3 in the new Entrati Syndicate to even buy the module to unlock this system (and we don't know how much standing it will be). 

Figure an MR29 Player (theoretically as that would be the fastest possible standing gain), still is going to need at least 4 days to make it to rank three and get that module, now that's assuming the module is relatively cheap, if not it could take 5+ days. 

Now say the MR29 player rushes building it in their foundry (even though with DE we can guess it will probably take anywhere between 1-3 days to build) and gets it right away from there. 

You can only subsume one warframe per 24 hour period, and as far as we know, this is not meant to be rushable with plat. There are 42 unique frames in Warframe now. 

That means even a perfectly equipped vet who already has all the extra warframes built and does everything perfectly efficiently is going to be taking at least 46+ days from launch to having all of the warframe abilities subsumed. This is assuming no extra roadbloacks (a relatively cheap cost of the bp for Helminth eat module) and the vet doing everything as fast as possible. 

So I don't really find it that out of whack for a player to be asked to grind Simaris standing for 32 days++ when just maxing the entire system is going to take you a minimum of 46 days to begin with for a super well equipped player with the least standing roadblocks in their way. 

This whole thing is supposed to be a long term goal. 

I understand not liking Simaris, scanning stuff or syndicate targets isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, and I get your desire to see the grind spread out more. 

However, being asked to grind for 32+ days is not really the problem imo. It's that some people are of course not going to be happy that the way to reacquire many of these frames is to repetitively grind something that they don't really enjoy. 

^^^ well said.

like could it conceivably be better? sure, helios could scan stuff for you so you could get standing for simaris as you do other stuff. Or DE could make quest drops repeatable, but the simaris thing was a precedent set ages ago likely well well before DE even thought of helminth, given how no one's really complained about the simaris thing as whole prior to helminth of course DE isnt gonna think about changing up how quest frames are acquired. Or maybe they did and didnt think the expenditure of time and effort to change a system solely for the benefit of the helminth system was worth it. If you needed to subsume multiples of the same warframe i could see this being a bigger issue but you only gotta do each warframe once so i just dont see it as a problem.

its not perfect as some silly person claims i would be arguing it is but its a molehill.

11 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You have to get to rank 3 in the new Entrati Syndicate to even buy the module to unlock this system (and we don't know how much standing it will be). 

Figure an MR29 Player (theoretically as that would be the fastest possible standing gain), still is going to need at least 4 days to make it to rank three and get that module, now that's assuming the module is relatively cheap, if not it could take 5+ days. 

Now say the MR29 player rushes building it in their foundry (even though with DE we can guess it will probably take anywhere between 1-3 days to build) and gets it right away from there. 

You can only subsume one warframe per 24 hour period, and as far as we know, this is not meant to be rushable with plat. There are 42 unique frames in Warframe now. 

That means even a perfectly equipped vet who already has all the extra warframes built and does everything perfectly efficiently is going to be taking at least 46+ days from launch to having all of the warframe abilities subsumed. This is assuming no extra roadbloacks (a relatively cheap cost of the bp for Helminth eat module) and the vet doing everything as fast as possible. 

So I don't really find it that out of whack for a player to be asked to grind Simaris standing for 32 days++ when just maxing the entire system is going to take you a minimum of 46 days to begin with for a super well equipped player with the least standing roadblocks in their way. 

This whole thing is supposed to be a long term goal. 

I understand not liking Simaris, scanning stuff or syndicate targets isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, and I get your desire to see the grind spread out more. 

However, being asked to grind for 32+ days is not really the problem imo. It's that some people are of course not going to be happy that the way to reacquire many of these frames is to repetitively grind something that they don't really enjoy. 

Again, the amount of standing required is only part of it. I just don't see why it all has to be Simaris standing. Wouldn't it make more sense if Gara and Harrow's BPs were held by the Ostron? Wouldn't it make more sense if Limbo, the guy who mathed himself to death, could be re-acquired from Cephalon Suda? Inaros parts ought to be a regular offering from Baro, and so on. Putting all twenty-odd frames in a single syndicate's inventory is too much.

10 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Again, the amount of standing required is only part of it. I just don't see why it all has to be Simaris standing. Wouldn't it make more sense if Gara and Harrow's BPs were held by the Ostron? Wouldn't it make more sense if Limbo, the guy who mathed himself to death, could be re-acquired from Cephalon Suda? Inaros parts ought to be a regular offering from Baro, and so on. Putting all twenty-odd frames in a single syndicate's inventory is too much.

I addressed that in my post though. The issue here isn't the amount of standing or the time gating required, it's that a lot of people already don't like scanning for Simaris and even those who do, some among them are afraid of burnout.

I don't find your ideas at all unreasonable, I think that got buried at the end of my long post. The real point of my post was more a reminder to people in general that even with what little we know, even a bored MR29 with everything ready to go is going to be working at this for some time. People need to manage their expectations ahead of time, this isn't meant to be acquired to completion quickly. 

But spread out the grind for all the various warframes? I can totally get on board with that. 

Hey, bored mr29 here, this last comment is accurate, simaris is going to take a couple weeks... Maxing simaris every single day I think I'll be done by the time I unlock helminth, or shortly after.

Honestly, instead of maxing yesterday I updated Minecraft, built a house, farm, mineshaft, explored the new update and went to bed at 2am. ... And after I max yesterday's standing before the reset it's back to Minecraft cause I'd rather feel like a loser than be simaris' -blam- boy. 

And I'm just skimming, but I wanna point out there are 43 unique warframes, not 42, and once Deimos comes out 44.

And I'm not clear if it's on topic but the fastest way to grind this, which I'm sure everyone knows, is ivara on adaro kuva fortress, takes about 20 minutes for 30k, for me.

At this point I wish the simaris -blam- stamp gave standing just for wearing it. 

I like the thought of having frames with other syndicates, but I'm sure some of those syndicates would hate each other by the time you got one frame and you'd have to max out the other syndicate from a negative rank... Which might be a larger pain than simaris.

But having the quills carry frames like little duck would make a lot more sense than simaris.

16 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Why does it being a long term goal mean that it's okay that the method for getting Simaris standing is atrocious?

Because it isn't. Get a synthesis target, get those done. Go to an open area and scan things from a distance unalerted from your archwing, which you should have if you're at the point where you have most if not all frames and enough other progress to be working on feeding Helminth anyway until you max out Simaris. Then go turn in your daily synthesis.

Doing the synthesis scans is a small part of running a few quick missions since you can choose faster locations out of the possibilities. Doing the open area scans shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes even if you're not in a big hurry. That isn't much time daily to work on re-obtaining frame parts.

On the one hand, spreading the BPs around sounds like a good idea, but spreading them to syndicate factions will then create the headache of switching your alliances or having to trade for them. I finally just traded for the last mod I needed from the syndicates I'm not focusing on to complete the collection. Getting those and even the weapons and arch parts before them took far longer then the Simaris ranking. Even spreading the frame parts to Onkko, Little Duck, and such would likely increase the time needed. Farming toroids, orbs, and tridolons would take longer, even with well oiled teams.

Aside from all of this, part of the design will be to keep people from maxing everything out with Helminth within days of release and going back to crying 'content drought'.

41 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Farming Simaris? Really? I rather farm bosses and do a few quick runs and get the parts. Way faster than doing anything Simaris has to offer and it's not limited to a maximum amount of standing.

That's... what you do for the ones that originally came from the bosses.

5 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

I rather farm bosses and do a few quick runs and get the parts. Way faster than...

tODWF0v.jpg

And I even stopped to look at some flowers. Since you buy parts, time spent to get them is laughable. There are several frames which will take more time, then the entire shop content.

3 hours ago, ShortCat said:

tODWF0v.jpg

And I even stopped to look at some flowers. Since you buy parts, time spent to get them is laughable. There are several frames which will take more time, then the entire shop content.

How did you pull that off? Scanning enemies undetected?

On 2020-08-21 at 5:34 AM, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Why does it being a long term goal mean that it's okay that the method for getting Simaris standing is atrocious?

Atrocious? You can max 30k standing (MR29 so this is my cap) in under 10 minutes, usually even less.

2 minutes ago, Infiniko said:

Atrocious? You can max 30k standing (MR29 so this is my cap) in under 10 minutes, usually even less.

Most players will not be able to max that as they simply don't have that MR. How would you suggest to farm for this standing? I've tried the Simaris quests and scanning enemies undetected, but I can't do that for more than a few minutes because my brain will die. 😄

4 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Most players will not be able to max that as they simply don't have that MR. How would you suggest to farm for this standing? I've tried the Simaris quests and scanning enemies undetected, but I can't do that for more than a few minutes because my brain will die. 😄

Well one good tip is to at least do Simaris target first, then max the standing by scanning and after maxing out then return the target to Simaris; returning it after maxing it lets you gain more standing per day.

And, Steel Path with invisibility frame (I found Octavia be the best for this as she is not as slow as Ivara) is the way to go, higher level enemies give much more when scanned.

Archived