Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime build

(XBOX)CordingMoon7789

Question

Hi everyone im a Xbox player and im looking for a braton prime build.

I wanted to find a build for this gun since i got what i think is a pretty good riven mod. The stats of the fully upgraded mod is something like +225% critical chance, +210% damage and +50% recoil.

So if someone could tell me a good build for this gun i would be grateful. In addition you can tell me what a riven mod for a braton should have or if its not worth it rerolling the mod and instead just trying to sell it.

13 answers to this question

Well it's good that you got crit chance and not damage because you ideally want to build braton prime as a status monster, corrosive and viral or hunter munitions slash build works well. Thr premise for killing with is not to create big numbers of crit dmg but to kill them with status procs like slash.

Ultimately, BratonP's crit chance is too low to capitalize on. Even 225% from a riven will only provide an absolute +25% cc, or roughly 8% chance to proc HM.

So with limited crit capability and an IPS distribution that doesn't much favor slash, the BratonP will eventually fall short of meeting expectations.

Having said that, I like the look&feel of the weapon a lot and will use it up to roughly Sortie levels.

My build is

Serration, Split Chamber, PShred, 3x 60/60 for viral/heat, Vigilante Armaments, and a riven with baseDmg and MS.

Ammo efficiency will become an issue at some point, but it's still nice to prime enemies for CO melee once its damage falls off.

ah, a solid Riven. you can roll with what it has served you, which isn't technically the Stats you'd dream of, but with the state of the game today, also is quite nice to have to compensate for some nerfs.

add in the usual Multi-Shot, Damage, Elementals (in the case of this Weapon and this setup, probably one Status Elemental and one full Elemental - and likely Viral Damage so Malignant Force + Primed Cryo Rounds), both Crit Mods, and Hunter Munitions.
normally you'd stick a Punch-Through Mod in somewhere, but the Riven consumes that Slot. if you wanted to make Punch-Through fit, you're looking at either dropping Serration or Vital Sense. the former would make your non DoT hits weaker, the latter your DoT's weaker.

22 minutes ago, gaogrir said:

Even 225% from a riven will only provide an absolute +25% cc

and an IPS distribution that doesn't much favor slash

just that Riven alone offers Braton Prime 39% Crit Chance, i'm not sure what you're referring to.

that doesn't really matter much anyways since IPS doesn't have extra weighting. applying Slash Status natively basically doesn't exist anymore, so it's Hunter Munitions or nothing.

Base crit is 12%, with a relative 225% from the riven thats 12% + 25ish% for your total of 39%. The Riven alone adds roughly 8% chance of triggering HM.

There still are weapons that can add substantial native slash procs. Prisma Grinlok comes to mind. BratonP certainly isn't one of them.

14 hours ago, gaogrir said:

Ultimately, BratonP's crit chance is too low to capitalize on. Even 225% from a riven will only provide an absolute +25% cc, or roughly 8% chance to proc HM.

So with limited crit capability and an IPS distribution that doesn't much favor slash, the BratonP will eventually fall short of meeting expectations.

Having said that, I like the look&feel of the weapon a lot and will use it up to roughly Sortie levels.

My build is

Serration, Split Chamber, PShred, 3x 60/60 for viral/heat, Vigilante Armaments, and a riven with baseDmg and MS.

Ammo efficiency will become an issue at some point, but it's still nice to prime enemies for CO melee once its damage falls off.

It  was far better before they made corrosive cap at 80% armour strip. When it could remove the lot, it was a slash status monster for higher level enemies.

Your Riven sounds dope except the recoil.  You might end up having to forma every slot so you can add a stabilizer mod in pexilus slot....  

Braton is skewed towards status.   What cc does point strike and your riven get your gun to?  If its 100% awesome... then pile on crit damage mods like vital sense and hammer shot.   Then use 60/60 mods.  You should be able to hit 100% cc and 80+% status.  Your gonna need shred/prime shred so you can shoot through enemies..   I'd probably only go for 2 60/60's to make one element,  just to fit split chamber.  

That should drop most things very easily.   Kuva Karak/Hind are awesome assault rifles because they have built in elemental damage and much larger mod cap.  Think about getting a riven for those and upgrading.

I've dumped 10 forma into my Braton Prime lol.  I used it for a long time as a noob, then I changed it up for a riven,  then I decided I wanted it to perform a different way and had to change things again.  

If u wanna go hunter munitions route use a soma.  

2 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I've got a vaguely similar riven, and personally,  I think extra recoil on the Braton makes it twice as fun.  😉

Yeah I have -recoil on my Braton riven and if it weren't for the other stats I'd totally reroll, having no recoil at all feels anemic regardless of the damage.

(Of course I also don't like it because it's taking the potential spot of a more useful stat)

Archived