Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do YOU consider end game? ( Community Discussion that may give you some idea's)

(PSN)Mofojokers

i consider player versus dev as a true Warframe endgame.

its fun, have nice long-term replayability, constantly appearing new expansions (like now we got to return to half year old story and fight with mighty Pablo for chance of having adequate ui/ux) and great rewards such as free automatic responds from support, moderators removing your posts and ofc tons of spare suspends till 2035.

epic battle i should say.

22 hours ago, Lutesque said:

It's a waste of time...

End Game is whatever you want it to be...

In my case True End Game in Warframe is seeing how long I can not play Warframe.... It's the ultimate endless mission with only a single reward rotation that does not recycle... 😮

You're really just not playing the game? Then what's the point in chilling on the forums all the time? Legit question, no troll.

On 2020-08-21 at 2:44 PM, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

So i am curious what would YOU as a fellow Tenno consider end game content for Warframe. Paint me a picture if you can of Warframe end game content and the daily life of a end game player.

In my opinion, "end game"  is a loaded term that is really incompatible with a game like this, and currently only serves to start sniping matches and salty echo chambers on forums. "End game" means "the end of a game", the final boss whereupon the credits roll and you put the game down or take a victory lap on a New Game +. Warframe isn't structured like that. The game wants you to keep playing it continuously, and so having a point where the game indicates you've finished it is antithetical to the game's design.

Without a serious overhaul of the core principle of the game, the best "end game" we could have is a big important mission like Trials, Sorties or Arbitrations, missions tougher than any other thing in the game. The trouble with this is:

• players demand rewards for doing this type of content
  • if the reward is not "good enough" , then there's no reason to play it
  • if the reward is "good enough" (ie makes the player even more powerful), the resulting player-side power increase only serves to make these super-tough missions easier, while also further trivializing the easier parts of the game.
  • Once we get those rewards, we need challenges that justify our increase in power. Meanwhile, the "end-game" we got them from becomes uncompellingly easy, so there needs to be a new "end game".

The structure of Warframe, where players play the game continuously, and the roughly linear progression of players becoming more and more powerful as time goes on, means that the development of the game while trying to deliver on an "end game" looks like this:

Go Faster Wallace And Gromit GIF by Aardman Animations

And that's not sustainable. We need a more specific and generally better title for what long-time players actually want. 

Endgame. Power creep. Band-aid. Veteran. It's just one of those terms people throw around when they want to sound important. 

In most other games, 'endgame' means there's a final challenge, a super difficult dungeon and/or a final boss fight, some seriously tough content, the hardest, final thing you'll do on there. And you usually work your way up there by grinding out the best gear, skills, power-ups you can manage to get in order to become strong enough for said "endgame". More often than not, endgame itself is a means to getting some of the most powerful items. And then you're done until the next content update hits, introduces a whole new level of gear and turns all of your powerful stuff into garbage.

I don't think it's a concept you can realistically apply in Warframe. If it is possible, then they certainly haven't found a way in ... how long has it been again? Eight years? It's just not that kind of game. There is no endgame. I'm used to it by now.

On 2020-08-21 at 10:05 AM, Aadi880 said:

ehh...

Probably something were enemies have as much OP abilities as our warframes but telegraphed.

Maybe, a regular mission but where things like bosses are a common enemy type.

Maybe against an army of radiation kuva liches, but no need of requiem mods to kill, just parazon. I guess.

Thats similar to what i had in mind

On 2020-08-21 at 11:11 AM, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Did you ever play Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. I swear i could play that non stop. The best team play i have ever seen. I would love to see some of that in Warframe.

oh my god I LOVED ME3 multiplayer, and Andromeda's too (great game btw, its on steam on sale, check it out). Always on edge trying to beat the highest difficulties. And the fact that each round or wave had a different objective, and the difficulty was AMAZING, something warframe severely lacks on a technical level

4 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

In my opinion, "end game"  is a loaded term that is really incompatible with a game like this, and currently only serves to start sniping matches and salty echo chambers on forums.

Pretty much this↑

Vanilla WoW had MC and Onyxia as the penultimate goals you worked up to and then it grew to include other things over time (Like AQ) and expand. Just the work it took to be ready for those Raids involved an undertaking that illustrated what the area was any why it mattered. The raids themselves were the final chapters in those story arcs (mostly) and players always had access to them.

FFXI and XIV worked in much the same way although there structure was story→dungeon→story→harder dungeon→raid access granted to close final chapter. Endamge for Hand and Land are the most profitable things you could build or acquire for your job.

Even then, in games that have and "End Game", the goalpost for what that looks like shifts every few months...Warframe has that size playerbase but isn't earning that kind of revenue.

Warframe is not built like this... Because story is so often locked away as a timed exclusive this means that, to anyone who missed the timed exclusive, the story has no meaning.

Warframe could steal a page our of GW2's playbook and actually make the Open World Bosses endgame but they'd have to alter the loot table to make it so that some of the stuff that dropped remained relevant to all players permanently...Just to excite the gambler's logic inherent in gamers.

Absent that? Fractals would be a good option.

That'd be a crap ton of work on DE's part and the ROI wouldn't be predictable though.

As such, the highest level thing the individual player can do is endgame. That's not an uncommon occurrence for sandbox(-y) games as that was similar for both AC and AO as well. Engame in those games was the highest level content you could complete as well.

Put simply, what players wax poetic about regarding Endgame (in most games) is the product of a bygone era in online gaming....It might as well be a Unicorn.

On 2020-08-21 at 9:57 AM, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

That or make a stalker like system where we can invade other players and attempt to stop their progress. Matchmaking can be done according to mr so griefing wouldnt be possible.

And as i'm sure has been said many times already, since no one would opt in to it, it would be a waste of time to make it. "You can't know if it would be popular!"? All games that are not made specifically for PvP prove that you are wrong.

Unless you mean that there is no opt in/out choice to be invaded. Then we both know that griefing, one way or another would follow. You can't avoid the fact that when you give A******s the chance to be A******s, they do what they always do.

6 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

The structure of Warframe, where players play the game continuously, and the roughly linear progression of players becoming more and more powerful as time goes on, means that the development of the game while trying to deliver on an "end game" looks like this:

Go Faster Wallace And Gromit GIF by Aardman Animations

And that's not sustainable. We need a more specific and generally better title for what long-time players actually want. 

This man resumed PERFECTLY end game with the animated image. 

DE is in a constant pressure that they can't sustain. No developer can sustain that 'train of work'. 

To be honest, endgame is provided in another game structure not on the GAAS F2P ARPG like War Frame. DE can't build things that fast. We are forcing them to make serious mistakes because of our demands. We have to temperate, reason and comprehend their position and our position. Game design takes years, while a game takes days finishing a game. The rate of consumption is insanely high compared to the rate of production. 

Sorry to say this but if we want end game we should look elsewhere like other games such as Black Myth: Wu Kong, Horizon Zero 2, Daemon Souls remake. This game should be complemented with other games. The purpose of War Frame is not the end game. That compromise is something DE can't give. I have to accept it and move on, towards other games that provides it. If I stay with this grinder then the compromises and premises should be towards the farming. 

DE will improve but not as fast as we want. We must understand that. 

End game is not this game. This is a 'farming' game. That is it. We must align ourselves and rethink our demands. I'm already an MR 29 veteran. I think that DE did enough for us. Now we have to do for them. How? Work with the quality in life in the game throughout suggestions. Support their good decisions and assess them on certain corners of the game that needs attention. 

We CAN'T expect perfect balancing on a game that adds content constantly. DE must accept that nothing will be perfectly balanced. I think that my suggestion is to improving what we have for example options for weapon accuracy. We don't have many of those. The aiming of certain weapons is atrocious. Another option is the first person view for certain weapons and first person view as an option. There are many key simple suggestions that has the potential to make a radical difference in the game without sacrificing the purpose and content in it. 

Seeking end game here is a seven years old problem that WE users invented. We need to reach a consensus on that term and see IF DE is capable of delivering it. 

Endgame in WF to me is continuously improving and optimizing my arsenal. This means that things like Rivens, grinding for rare mod, maxing all primed mods,etc. 

Warframe is almost like hobby car racing to me. It's not about taking on increasingly difficult tracks. It's about finding a track with sufficient enough challenge and continuously tweaking and optimizing my race car. 

12 hours ago, Dr.Pepper23 said:

Endgame is where you finish the game and uninstall or don't play anymore.

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/End-game 
 '' The term "End-game" is not entirely accurate considering that World of Warcraft is a multiplayer world and does not "end" in the same sense as a traditional video game. It merely refers to the most challenging content. '' 
  end game probably was there in old times with the games like mario and whatever there was an offline video game although the meaning itself doesnt necessarily mean the game ends in a linear sense. I sited from wow but you can find the same 'the most challenging content' referral from other sites. Its out there its known , its not a secret or magic.

Yet i personally don't blame DE because in the past they tried to give a sense of endgame content it is factual ,though  every time it was changed for the casual audience's responses . 
Also not hating on the casuals , we're chill , but when they demand every piece of content to be made for them it gets a bit out of hand not gonna lie.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb SenorClipClop:

In my opinion, "end game"  is a loaded term that is really incompatible with a game like this, and currently only serves to start sniping matches and salty echo chambers on forums. "End game" means "the end of a game", the final boss whereupon the credits roll and you put the game down or take a victory lap on a New Game +. 

That's not what the word means.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Felsagger:

Sorry to say this but if we want end game we should look elsewhere like other games such as Black Myth: Wu Kong, Horizon Zero 2, Daemon Souls remake 

Yeah, I'm sure that the game that was announced three days ago, the game that was announced two months ago and the game that was announced two months ago for a platform we don't play on will all provide a great endgame.

Broframe. Play builds that enhance the squad experience.

Carrying randos through hour long arbies was my hobby for a while there, but I don't really need endo anymore. (usually trinity)

I still do from time to time. I just really, really, really, really hate claustrophobic infested corpus ship missions.

People like going fast and sonar. Most people don't really need additional tank or energy so trinity isn't broframe in most missions.

Speed nova, resonance banshee, volt, octavia. People really enjoy playing with these.

Nekros in mot * set up a camp with randos that wanna go the distance.

Lately I've been working through steel path missions on Nyx with a 94 shields 300 health 150% Brief Respite and 160% Augur bonus gate tank build.

Its definitely a violence speed momentum playstyle. If you get hit at all, it goes into shield gate, but casting even my 35 energy chaos bolts fully replenishes shields and restores the gate.

I've made it 20 mins sp mot without deaths but its not something that will work against lots of bubbles. When a lot of enemies start being immune to 2 and 3, thats it.

3 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Yeah, I'm sure that the game that was announced three days ago, the game that was announced two months ago and the game that was announced two months ago for a platform we don't play on will all provide a great endgame.

You already have Dark Soul 1, 2, 3. You have Horizon Zero Dawn, Sekiro and Blood Borne. 

Choose. 

vor 14 Minuten schrieb SenorClipClop:

If not "the end of a game", what does "end game" mean, then?

I'm done explaining words and basic concepts on this forum. You yourself have argued that having "the end of a game", "a final boss whereupon the credits roll", doesn't make a lick of sense in Warframe. Maybe next time when something a lot of people are saying makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, instead of concluding that all the people who are asking for it are abject morons, you entertain the possibility that maybe you got something wrong.

I have now outright told you that you misunderstood the term. Go find out yourself what it means or keep being baffled that everyone is making nonsensical demands. I don't care.

I don't understand if the thousands of posts about:"What's endgame?" are serious or written  by trolls...

Endgame(and even a decent game) it's impossible here because DE released hilarious broken mods and frames during these years(just to sell them).

1)You need to have a landmark level to balance stuff but you have inaros ROFL against level 200 enemies and hey you can even use healing arcanes while other frames can die with one spit!

2)You have unlimited invincible operator mode if you are in trouble!

3)You can kill the enemies before they can see you!

4)Enemies can't see invisible frames at all!

and so on....

End game or Hard content is the content you play when you reach the top gear in a fkn game and it must be challenging(for an average player). I think it's clear, isn't???

Now i don't think DE will set a landmark level,( i don't know, 170 for example? ) and balance every fkn damage, health and armor accordingly to it. Because their intention is hilarious clear. It's a game for new players only wasting a bunch of hours and then goodbye and The MR system is just a Judas goat.

I don't even think DE will remove health from Inaros,Shield from Hydrin, or stupidly broken abilities because when you make a community of such players it's just impossible...

Now if you have fun killing level 20 enemies just pressing a button, with your broken weapons, i respect that but don't call this an  action game, call it simply a "collectible game" for casual players.

On 2020-08-21 at 5:34 PM, AzureTerra said:

Fashion is the only cure, it always leaves you wanting more
Fashion people know the score...

That is very true ps Harrow Fashion Frame with that deluxe skin mmmm soooo good to set up, that bearting heart.

I sometimes change colours based on my mood that day or how purple i want to be to support Lotus ( The only mother).

On 2020-08-21 at 5:40 PM, JackHargreav said:

I get what you want and I'm also getting a little bit tired of the Helminth topic but believe me when It's about endgame content it usually doesn't turn out as a lighthearted conversation.

And every other topic will also turn into something negative after some time.

Maybe fashionframe topics are the only exceptions.

Me too, mind you i legit have never seen a fashion talk go toxic outside of debates regarding the deluxe skins.

Archived