Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Independent syndicates are better than the Fortuna model

v1ld_wf

All of the syndicates in the game are independent of each other when it comes to progression other than the two Fortuna ones. By which I mean that you can make progress in any of them as you want to. However, Vox Solaris requires Solaris United to be finished before it can be started, drawing out the standing grind into twice the period - when it's already too long to begin with.  While there are story reasons for the SU/VS set up, the same story could have been told with independent syndicates. 

Please consider not doing this enforced sequencing of syndicates in the future.

I completed these syndicates on Switch but when I restarted on PC a year ago, I couldn't muster the energy to begin SU knowing how far off - and grindy, those PT heists for VS! - the rewards I wanted in VS lvl 4 and 5 were.  On coming back to the game after Tennocon - feels good to be back, still love this game! - I thought maybe I'd give it another go and cannot muster the enthusiasm for having a daily chore in the game for weeks to come.  I had no such issues with Ostron/Quills, partly because they're independent entities and partly because they don't go to the grind lengths of VS (those PT heists).

4 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Get your MR up so you can gain more standing per day

Take up conservation to gain standing.  Its super fun.  You dont have to play the broken bounties with broken bonus objectives.(for standing)

Sure and thanks for the suggestion!  It's not the gaining of standing that makes this unfun for me - it's the standing caps that draw out how long it is.  I like fishing and mining a lot and can chill to those activities, though I've yet to take up conservation.  So getting the standing materials is fine, it's the cashing in of it being capped that's the problem.

I stopped leveling at MR 16 in both versions of the game because that's the last level with gameplay implications beyond standing caps.  I don't enjoy rushing through the build/max cycle for gear and in both versions have gradually gotten to lvl 18 organically.  If I put in a lot of grind to get to lvl 29, I can submit an extra 11,000 standing a day, going from 19K to 30K which means I can turn in standing 50% faster.  Given how much harder it gets to gain standing as you go higher, that's just not worth the effort - especially since I'd rather be running the actual things I want to do on a given day.

4 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

And this is why you made 2 seperate threads about his topic?

No, it's why I made two separate threads on two separate topics.  Read the OPs.

E: Yeesh, this is why I shouldn't read the responses to even my own posts here - can't believe I responded to this no content post.  Everyone's a post and thought moderator.  Folks, this is the feedback forum - the place to express ideas to DE.  It's fine to criticize those ideas so DE can see that feedback too, but there's also so much forum moderation thrown in for free.

11 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

I just think Vox Solaris is redundant. Doesn't add anything to the game at all. It's just a quills copy for Fortuna. There's literally no reason for that syndicate to exist. Also levelling it up is annoying af.

I find it really hard to believe it doesn't add anything at all to the game, when the person saying it doesn't even have the base amp leveled in their profile. Baruuk and Hildryn are two great frames, and the operator arcanes can add a whole new layer to combat for utility purposes.

I think this could be solved by simply changing the Profit Taker heists to not require max rank with Solaris United and instead have some other criteria. That said funny how Archguns are for "experienced players" and yet I can slap roar onto Excal way before I can get some dinky Imperator Vandal heavy weapon.

For example: An initiation sacrifice of one of the three regular toroids in order to unlock Profit Taker. Just a random idea.

On the other hand, considering how badly designed the Profit Taker heists are taken in context instead of a void... Maybe, just, retrofitting Profit Taker entirely and changing unlock would be better.

Just now, TheGuyver said:

I find it really hard to believe it doesn't add anything at all to the game, when the person saying it doesn't even have the base amp leveled in their profile. Baruuk and Hildryn are two great frames, and the operator arcanes can add a whole new layer to combat for utility purposes.

I'm saying the syndicate itself adds nothing from a lore perspective. If you're talking about rewards DE could have simply added them to the Quills. At least the Quills have a lore that's linked to the sentients and the Tenno. Vox Solaris is just there for kicks to be in Fortuna.

You don't need to level the base amp man, it doesn't even give MR.

4 minutes ago, oohshiny said:

Modulars give mastery after you gild them, if you're wondering why it didn't give mastery after you maxed it.

You can't gild the base amp

Edit: wait you can gild it. That's crazy. Lol. I play solo and Eidolon killing is very time consuming so I haven't done much of that. Requires too much brain pain to get Quills to a level where I can gild stuff. Currently not able to do this.

Doesn't take away the fact that Vox solaris as a separate syndicate is poor. They could have had a Quills representative in Fortuna with the same stock as Onko and simply expanded it. That way you don't have to max 2 Syndicates to get everything. Story wise Vox is meh. That is my point is all.

Just now, RazerXPrime said:

I'm saying the syndicate itself adds nothing from a lore perspective. If you're talking about rewards DE could have simply added them to the Quills. At least the Quills have a lore that's linked to the sentients and the Tenno. Vox Solaris is just there for kicks to be in Fortuna.

You don't need to level the base amp man, it doesn't even give MR.

Little duck is the equivalent of the quills for fortuna, since the agent in the quest line she was supposed to meet from the quills was dead. From a gameplay perspective, adding anything to the quills for fortuna wouldn't be a productive use of time since you generally don't want players to go back, but rather forward. It's called incentive, you either take the bait or go back to the ocean to keep swimming around. 

Also ,the base amp does in fact give mastery. 

6 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

I think this could be solved by simply changing the Profit Taker heists to not require max rank with Solaris United and instead have some other criteria. That said funny how Archguns are for "experienced players" and yet I can slap roar onto Excal way before I can get some dinky Imperator Vandal heavy weapon.

A couple things here to note. 

1. It's really doubtful they would remove the reputation requirements. That's content, nobody is forcing you to do it and if you would rather not get your free 7k NW rep that's on you.

2. It's been out long enough that even a sub MR 15 would have maxed it several times over by now and collected most, if not all of the rewards.

3. Archguns aren't for experienced players, anyone who says that is wrong. I know plenty of high ranking players who are missing the base damage mods because they don't play the game mode or transmute the mods. While yes, higher ranking players are more likely to have mods maxed for proper builds, it's not a concrete indicator for anything in the long run.

4.Don't forget you have to wait to auto socket ayatan stars until mr 10!

On 2020-08-22 at 5:41 PM, TheGuyver said:

1. It's really doubtful they would remove the reputation requirements. That's content, nobody is forcing you to do it and if you would rather not get your free 7k NW rep that's on you.

People who say this don't understand what people are upset about.

Or maybe they just don't understand people in General.

Archived